[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SIP Events for BLF LED
czichos.net Offline

SIP Events for BLF LED
Hi there,

we want to use BLF buttons to visualize the state of some freeswitch apps. I coud not find any information on how to turn the LEDs ON and OFF via SIP NOTIFY. Does anybody here have some information on that topic? Or even better: a working freeswitch lua script ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks, Carsten
07-04-2019 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Baron_Yealink Offline

RE: SIP Events for BLF LED
(07-04-2019 03:16 PM)czichos.net Wrote:  Hi there,

we want to use BLF buttons to visualize the state of some freeswitch apps. I coud not find any information on how to turn the LEDs ON and OFF via SIP NOTIFY. Does anybody here have some information on that topic? Or even better: a working freeswitch lua script ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks, Carsten

Dear Customer,

This is Baron from Yealink, I will work with you on this case.

1.Is it convenient to give an example of what APP you want to visualize? like soft phone?
2.You are right。Have not any information about the LEDs ON and OFF via SIP NOTIFY.

Hope that I have make this question clear to you and just let me know if still any question .

Best Regards,
Baron
07-15-2019 12:33 AM
czichos.net Offline

Hi Baron, thanks for your reply

We have severaly different use-cases. All of them need visual feedback on the phone for a state within the server, like being logged on or logged off for an call-center-agent. Another usecase could be: toggle an voice-mail announcement from daytime to nighttime or "shop open" vs. "shop closeed".

I don't know if SIP NOTIFY is the right choice - as there is no information on that available. I'm looking for an easy way to toggle LED's on the phone for several possible usecases where the state of one server variable shall be visible to the user.

Thanks again,

Carsten
07-15-2019 05:23 AM
jolouis Offline

You need to look into Freeswitch more than the Yealink phones here for your answers. Freeswitch should have some kind of support for BLFs already implemented, you just need to figure out how to wire that support into whatever apps/logic/controls you are trying to use.

For example, in Asterisk this is handled through the use of dialplan Hints and the "devstate" CLI command. I have not worked with Freeswitch before but I expect it would have a similar set of tools that let you just pass the logic, and Freeswitch can worry about the packet level communication with the end devices.
07-15-2019 01:04 PM