[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOLVED] DECT dongle DD10K - bad performance in combination to T41S + W60P
Babylonia Offline

[SOLVED] DECT dongle DD10K - bad performance in combination to T41S + W60P
I just purchased a Yealink T41S desk phone + DECT dongle DD10K.
It do function as a DECT connectivity by the also purchased W60P base station and two sets of W56H handsets.

Although do get audio jamming / interference when using the intercom functionality by connection to the W56H handsets and talking to each other.
Jamming / interference of the audio only is heard by the W56H handsets.
Sound is comparable as a kind of crackle / crisping of electric sparks, interfering the audio quality. Very annoying.

As it only is heard by the W56H handsets, it could be an interference by the microphone of the T41S.

Tested both, the voice by the phone hand bugle / horn (so by the microphone of that hand piece),
and by speaker phone (microphone behind the little hole at the underside of the T41S.
No difference.

Also tested by both W56H handsets. No difference.
Also used a connected headset to the W56H.
No difference.

As it seems that some "playing" / moving by the phone curly cord of the T41S, did have influence to the crisping audio interference, I took out the cord of the T41S, so only using by speaker phone. (The curled cord could be working as an "antenna" and giving electromagnetic interference ??).
No difference.

Testing by make a call by one SIP line out, and receiving the telephone call by another SIP line IN. (I have made up a set-up of four SIP lines within the W60P base station.
No difference.

Even have some audio interference making a connection from one W56H handset to the other W56H handset.
The main problem was however between the T41S phone (+ DECT dongle DD10K) and W56H handset.

Than took out the DECT dongle DD10K, and used the T41S phone as a stand alone VOIP phone, connected by Ethernet cable to my network.
Made a set-up by the same four SIP lines as set within the W60P.

No intercom possibility yet (not set in this combination), but at least could testing by making a call by one SIP line out by W56H handset, and receiving the telephone call by another SIP line IN of the T41S. (And vice versa).

Audio problems seems gone now. No crisping / crackle interference any-more by the audio.
As far as I tested yet, it seems the DECT dongle DD10K is not a good combination, working together to the W60P base Station.

I have some mixed feelings purchasing these phone sets, as it have not the potential what I intended to do with it.

Also I have mixed feelings by the firmware used by the W60P / W56H combination (fw version 77.83.0.25), and what is possible by the more or less comparable firmware within the T41S (fw version 66.84.0.15).

E.g. the directory / list of contacts made within the T41S, do have extra groups, and you can make a choice for using a special SIP line for calling OUT automatically, in spite a call is coming in by another SIP line.
As an extra tip for Yealink. Make those SIP line choices be available for any of the three phone numbers separately. Now I made two lines for contacts.

e.g.
John (landline) = SIP 0 (line 1)
John (mobile) = SIP 1 (line 2)

Also make a better logical numbering of those SIP lines
0 by programme code often is used for the first number,
but not logical to real life line numbers.
(Making contact lists by Excel ---> export / import CSV file).

These extra's (choosing SIP lines) are not possible "automatically" by the firmware of the W60P base Station. So if you see a call within the history, (coming in by one SIP line), and want to make a call back by the other SIP line, You have to do it manually in a "difficult" work-around, as by choosing the contact within history list, it shall take the SIP line as it was for coming in the call.

Regards.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019 08:46 AM by Babylonia.)
06-28-2019 02:49 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Babylonia Offline

RE: DECT dongle DD10K - bad performance in combination to T41S + W60P
Hello,

Extra testing, what I found already it seems it is related to the DECT dongle DD10K.

Specially to the "receiver" audio performance.

Calling to a friend (and using the DECT DD10K dongle to the T41S),
HE noticed the same comparing "crackle / crisping of electric sparks" within the audio sound.
But me (as the calling party) did not have any problems.

To avoid "maybe" (by testing) electro magnetic interference, I connected the USB DECT dongle to a 5 feet extension USB-cable,
and packed the T41S phone between aluminium foil (except user GUI and buttons).
NO advantage !!

Changing from DECT connection to a normal "Ethernet VOIP" connection.
"Crackle / crisping of electric sparks" are gone.

So again, it seems this DECT DD10K dongle do have some troubles in combination using the T41S phone.
Specially regarding the receiving party.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2019 09:04 PM by Babylonia.)
07-01-2019 08:58 PM
Babylonia Offline

In meanwhile I got a Yealink WF50 WiFi adapter (= dual band WiFi ac).
And used the T41S as a stand alone VOIP "wireless" phone.
(Not part of the W60P DECT base station).

By this wireless internet connection and testing, NO audio problems found.
(The same positive experience as by cable ethernet connection).

Seems even more the problem is related to the DECT DD10K dongle only.
So now I ordered a new DECT DD10K dongle, to see if the issue is solved.

As a side-note:
To see if the Yealink WF50 also can be used just as a general "WiFi stick" for Windows PC's,
I placed it in my PC. No drivers found yet, but by search action it did get "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377" drivers from internet.
Installed it, switched off the other networking device, so only the Yealink WiFi dongle is active.
And working great!! (Full down- and upload by my 100/100 Mbps internet connection).
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019 12:59 PM by Babylonia.)
07-05-2019 12:05 PM
Evan_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi Babylonia, how are you today?

This is Evan from Yealink Support Team, nice to know you here!

Thanks for your feedback and detailed description. We added some new features and fixed some bugs in below firmware, can you please upgrade your phones to them, then test again?
T41S(DDphone):https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LaSwTX...lVNK78ACu5
W60B Base station: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WPy0WH...9xl1Qbjgkm

If the new DD10K dongle and new FWs don't help, could you please reproduce this issue, and offer us the diagnosis files, then we can see what is happening here? Below is the FAQ about how to capture diagnosis files.
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=707

In addition, you are welcomed to create tickets to our ticket system, then we will assign a support engineer to follow up your case, it will be more efficient.
https://ticket.yealink.com

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Evan You
07-12-2019 07:41 AM
Babylonia Offline

I don't have the new DD10K dongle yet.
(Not send yet by the supplier).

As soon as it arrives I shall update the firmware and do subsequent tests.
Make report afterwards.

Regards, Babylonia
07-12-2019 03:14 PM
Babylonia Offline

(07-12-2019 07:41 AM)Evan_Yealink Wrote:  We added some new features and fixed some bugs in below firmware, can you please upgrade your phones to them, then test again?
T41S (DDphone): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LaSwTX...lVNK78ACu5

Tried only that one for T41S to import already to see what this new fw version shall bring (not W60P yet).

NO Luck:

[Image: Firmware_update.png]

Comparison of this download T46S-ddphone-66.84.0.68.rom - file
to the last original "T46S(T48S,T42S,T41S)-66.84.0.15.rom"
as for file size. It seemed there is missing much of the data?

T46S-ddphone-66.84.0.68.rom - file size = 1,94 MB (2.038.640 bytes)
T46S(T48S,T42S,T41S)-66.84.0.15.rom - file size = 27,8 MB (29.196.080 bytes)

Could it be that "T46S-ddphone-66.84.0.68.rom" is related to the T46S phone model only??

As for:

(07-12-2019 07:41 AM)Evan_Yealink Wrote:  W60B Base station: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WPy0WH...9xl1Qbjgkm

Comparison of this download W600-77.83.0.54.rom - file
to the last original W60B-77.83.0.25.rom
seems far more real in relation to each other.

W600-77.83.0.54.rom - file size = 9,55 MB (10.022.032 bytes)
W60B-77.83.0.25.rom - file size = 9,34 MB (9.797.664 bytes)

But by the bad experience (not loading) the rom file for T41S as written above,
I do have my reservations to upgrade the W60B Base Station.
Do you have more information about the release notes of this Google drive parked firmware version?
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019 03:51 AM by Babylonia.)
07-12-2019 10:41 PM
Evan_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi Babylonia, good day to you!

The T46S ddphone firmware I sent just was a ddphone firmware, which was a scaled-down firmware, only for DDphone features, so the firmware size only has 1.94MB.
And it was only for T41S/T42S phones.

And sorry, we don't have the changlog for technical support version. Let me give you an explanation about Yealink firmware. It has two kinds of versions:
1. The first one is what you see on our official website, in general version, the main purpose is for adding new features, but have some major bugs fixed. This firmware has own changlog.
2. The second one is technical support version, the main purpose is for bug fixing, it's a rolling version.

For example, you meet a issue base on the x.84.0.25, and then we will release a version like x.84.0.26 to fix this bug, for another bug base on the x.84.0.25, we will release a newer version x.84.0.27(.26 version is occupied), .27 version will also include the solution of .26 version.
From my understanding, you can simply treat .27 version better than .26 version better than .25 version.

Any question, freely to let me know.

BTW, have you solved this audio crackle issue via the new FWs?

Best Regards,
Evan You
07-14-2019 05:35 AM
Babylonia Offline

Hello Evan,

Sorry for the delay.
By several editing of messages, I was kicked out again as for “SPAM”.
It took a while to convince by Yealing ticket system, to unlock again.
Now I am preparing in a Word processor to copy messages after.

In meanwhile the new DDK10 (DECT) dongle arrived. Same problem.
(Didn’t update the firmware yet).

As for your explanation for update numbers of firmware.
I am aware of the order for fixes. That a more late version number all between fixes are included.

But as for firmware “versions”.
I wasn’t aware a T41S phone in reality do have “two” firmware options.
- One as a stand alone VOIP phone -----------> firmware upgrade by phone options itself
- One as for “satellite” DECT phone options ---> firmware upgrade by W60P base station only

Two different manners for upgrading firmware.
My previous attempt for upgrading was by “Phone” options itself (as a stand alone).
Not used to the abbreviations as “ddphone” as used in firmware descriptions as meant for DECT firmware exclusively.

But now, I was able to upgrade the T41S phone with its “DECT” firmware.
By the screen of the T41S I could see the progress.
And as part of it, at the ending, also the DDK10 dongle itself is upgraded.
(By connection of the second DDK10 dongle later,
this was upgraded automatically by the ddphone firmware as part of the T41S now).

I didn’t know if it was necessary to protect the W56H to avoid upgrading with “T41S” DECT firmware,
so packed the handsets within aluminium foil (Faraday cage).
(But in reality I guess Yealink do have it’s own “electronic” controlling system).
But you never know Wink

Did also upgrade the W60P DECT Base Station + W56H handsets to latest ones.

- W60P ------------------ W600-77.83.0.54.rom
- W56H ------------------ W56H-61.83.0.50.rom
- T41S -- stand alone ---- T46S(T48S,T42S,T41S)-66.84.0.15.rom
- T41S -- DECT satellite -- T46S-ddphone--(DECT)--66.84.0.68.rom

Testing afterwards by the connection of DDK10 dongles to the T41S afterwards.
Problems as found more early by the “cracle / crisping” audio sound, are gone !!
So the optimising of the firmware definitely is bringing a huge improvement.
Thank you Yealink for this update.

I guess, these more early found audio disturbances are related to the general known impact of “USB” implementation / ports
and there electronically interference to wireless connections.
(See e.g. this YouTube movie for more explanation and “This one” especially as for impact of USB 3.0).
“DECT” using another bandwidth than WiFi, I guess already have some impact by USB 2.0 ports.
By that I do think Yealing is using that special 90 degree spacer to give a little extra distance.

“Web browser based” user GUI:

Still I have some comments to the Yealink “web browser based” user GUI, to make settings.
I note very often, it is not taking the settings “good” to the background provision “engine”.
It “seemed” settings are active, but e.g. registering of SIP-accounts isn’t done or “faulty”
Even for sure I am using the right credentials (copy / past).

I have to do it many times and found out e.g.
Just by deleting the password and Confirm afterwards,
(knowing in that case no registering is possible), afterwards pasting the same password again and confirm,
or e.g. just change of the VOIP 5060 port tot e.g. 6000, and changing back afterwards.
It is corrected in behind provisioning codes, and by that corrected for registering.

By this experience this interface is very unreliable..

Same problems I do get for the saved main admin password.
I have to refresh webpage several times, to have a valid login (by saved password and filled in automatically).
Or to fill in manually again. Hoping it is not done to much, as you have to wait for 3 minutes (or even 6 minutes) for the next interaction possible.

I am using Firefox as a web browser, but met comparable issues using Google Chrome web browser.

Which web browser to use as for best managing the Yealink settings?
(Or better, do develop a better reliable web interface).

Addition:
Another user also met comparable issues, written in another subject < HERE >
Take these problems serious.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 10:48 AM by Babylonia.)
07-20-2019 09:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pair WH66 base, WDD60 dongle TimC710 0 1,413 01-10-2023 07:29 PM
Last Post: TimC710
  WH66 portable USB DECT dongle? TimC710 1 2,669 12-17-2022 12:37 AM
Last Post: HRYHORY
  Does WF40 dongle WIFI compatible with T41P or T42G or just T48 ? DOUD 7 20,901 09-11-2018 04:31 PM
Last Post: complex1
Information Issue with EHS36 and Plantronics Headset - Solved commsys 4 20,565 10-14-2014 03:02 PM
Last Post: Yealink Support