[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SIP-T58 and 802.1x with EAP-TLS
joshbarfield Offline

SIP-T58 and 802.1x with EAP-TLS
Hello, I have a handful of Skype enabled SIP-T58 devices on firmware version 55.9.0.2. I am attempting to enable 802.1x via the web interface using EAP-TLS.

I have uploaded my CA certificate and a test device certificate. The identity field is filled with the subject of the device certificate. My RADIUS server is Microsoft NPS. My network policy has a constraint of NAS port type Ethernet and Calling station ID of the MAC address of the phone (for testing purposes). I'm seeing denied entries in my logs so I know it's hitting the right network policy. I have policy constraints of PEAP with Smart Card or other certificate.

I'm expecting the test phone to authenticate but my NPS logs keep showing "The client could not be authenticated because the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Type cannot be processed by the server." It seems the phone is sending something NPS isn't expecting. Are there any more detailed guides than the "fill in the blanks" instructions?
12-03-2018 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
joshbarfield Offline

RE: SIP-T58 and 802.1x with EAP-TLS
Does anyone use 802.1x with these phones?
01-04-2019 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply