[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Microsoft Teams support for T46 and T42
Neway Offline

Microsoft Teams support for T46 and T42
Hi,
is there any plan for future releases of Microsoft Teams firmware forT46G\S and T42G phones?
06-21-2018 09:10 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
helios.comms Offline

RE: Microsoft Teams support for T46 and T42
(06-21-2018 09:10 AM)Neway Wrote:  Hi,
is there any plan for future releases of Microsoft Teams firmware forT46G\S and T42G phones?

Bumping this question as this will be a key question for my clients.
12-17-2018 12:28 PM
dmitryk6 Offline

I'm really want to know the answer too.
01-18-2019 05:30 AM
JohnR Offline

Please provide a response to this. We have a large investment in Yealink phones and not having the ability for full functionality within Teams would present a large challenge. Seem to me that Yealink could provide an update to enable this functionality and not force it's customer base to purchase new phones which could be from a competing vendor.
04-23-2019 02:40 PM
helios.comms Offline

Any news on this? Microsoft is upgrading my client to Teams in June and they have a significant number of Yealink phones. Are they going to stop working when this switch occurs?
05-21-2019 07:43 PM
bonniedixon Offline

(05-21-2019 07:43 PM)helios.comms Wrote:  Any news on this? Microsoft is upgrading my client to Teams in June and they have a significant number of Yealink phones. Are they going to stop working when this switch occurs?
We are in the same boat, lots of T46G phones and being switched over to Teams in June. If we can not continue using our existing phones we will not purchase new ones at great expense just to watch them become obsolete after a year of ownership, our users will have to switch to headsets.
05-23-2019 12:06 PM
helios.comms Offline

(05-23-2019 12:06 PM)bonniedixon Wrote:  
(05-21-2019 07:43 PM)helios.comms Wrote:  Any news on this? Microsoft is upgrading my client to Teams in June and they have a significant number of Yealink phones. Are they going to stop working when this switch occurs?
We are in the same boat, lots of T46G phones and being switched over to Teams in June. If we can not continue using our existing phones we will not purchase new ones at great expense just to watch them become obsolete after a year of ownership, our users will have to switch to headsets.

My client has now been force upgraded to Teams and at least these phones continue to work. Fortunately, they hardly use the phone anymore so the lack of Teams support is less of an issue.

However, knowing what I know now, it is highly unlikely that these phones will ever support the Teams client as it requires a pretty different software firmware. Think about it - the Yealink CP960 is Android based... very different hardware to the T46 and T42 phones.

Becoming less of a problem as my client is shifting more and more to softphones and/or using their mobiles. The time of the desk phone is numbered!!

Cheers, Rob.
07-22-2019 02:50 PM