[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Setting phone to default to No Account by default when Off Hook
InterLynx Offline

Setting phone to default to No Account by default when Off Hook
I have a customer who is using T21 phones (although I assume this question could apply to any device) and has 2 accounts configured on the device. By default, when he picks up the handset to make an outbound call, the phone gives him a dial tone for line 1. We know how to change this to default to line 2 by using the right and left arrow keys. However, he'd like to be able to set the default to neither account or line. When he picks up the handset, he'd like to have no dial tone until he selects one of the two line buttons.

I've gone through the forums and can't find anything. I've also scoured the web interface and have found nothing. But it might just be labeled something that I'm not recognizing.

Has anyone ever tried to accomplish this? And if so, how?

Thanks for your response and feedback.
04-11-2018 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Jensen_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Setting phone to default to No Account by default when Off Hook
(04-11-2018 04:47 PM)InterLynx Wrote:  I have a customer who is using T21 phones (although I assume this question could apply to any device) and has 2 accounts configured on the device. By default, when he picks up the handset to make an outbound call, the phone gives him a dial tone for line 1. We know how to change this to default to line 2 by using the right and left arrow keys. However, he'd like to be able to set the default to neither account or line. When he picks up the handset, he'd like to have no dial tone until he selects one of the two line buttons.

I've gone through the forums and can't find anything. I've also scoured the web interface and have found nothing. But it might just be labeled something that I'm not recognizing.

Hello InterLynx,

This is Jensen from Yealink technical team, good to know you.
From your description, it is not supported on the phone default with neither. But I think the cusotmer can do it like this:
1/ After pick up the handset, click line key, for example, line 1 with account 1, line 2 with account 2, after pick up handset, you can press line 1 or line 2 choose account to dial out.
2/ Another way is, before pick up the handset, click line key first, and enter number you want to dial, then pick up handset.
Let me know you opinion.
Have a nice day.

BR
Jensen
04-13-2018 03:50 PM
InterLynx Offline

(04-13-2018 03:50 PM)Jensen_Yealink Wrote:  
(04-11-2018 04:47 PM)InterLynx Wrote:  I have a customer who is using T21 phones (although I assume this question could apply to any device) and has 2 accounts configured on the device. By default, when he picks up the handset to make an outbound call, the phone gives him a dial tone for line 1. We know how to change this to default to line 2 by using the right and left arrow keys. However, he'd like to be able to set the default to neither account or line. When he picks up the handset, he'd like to have no dial tone until he selects one of the two line buttons.

Hello InterLynx,

From your description, it is not supported on the phone default with neither. But I think the cusotmer can do it like this:
1/ After pick up the handset, click line key, for example, line 1 with account 1, line 2 with account 2, after pick up handset, you can press line 1 or line 2 choose account to dial out.
2/ Another way is, before pick up the handset, click line key first, and enter number you want to dial, then pick up handset.
Let me know you opinion.
Have a nice day.

BR
Jensen

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we are aware of both of these methods of selecting a specific line. The customer in question currently uses both of these methods. His concern is that some of his employees don't pay attention to which line is the default, and they will just pick up the handset and dial without thinking about which line they are using. So we are looking for a way to force them to manually select a line. I doubt this is a major concern for most end users, but is this something Yealink would be willing to look at as a feature request? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to implement. Just add an option of "None" to the default options. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for the response though.

Phil
04-13-2018 04:12 PM
Jensen_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(04-13-2018 04:12 PM)InterLynx Wrote:  
(04-13-2018 03:50 PM)Jensen_Yealink Wrote:  

Hello InterLynx,

Let me know you opinion.
Have a nice day.

BR
Jensen

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we are aware of both of these methods of selecting a specific line. The customer in question currently uses both of these methods. His concern is that some of his employees don't pay attention to which line is the default, and they will just pick up the handset and dial without thinking about which line they are using. So we are looking for a way to force them to manually select a line. I doubt this is a major concern for most end users, but is this something Yealink would be willing to look at as a feature request? I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to implement. Just add an option of "None" to the default options. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks for the response though.

Phil

Hello Phil,

Our PM will evaluate in our future firmware with this feature.
Thanks for your info.

BR
Jensen
05-31-2018 11:35 AM
tfrazer Offline

Was this feature ever implemented? Or a work around found? Would be a very handy feature in our instance! Exactly the same problem here as Phil detailed.
01-08-2020 01:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Default password resets itself pchristofi 2 1,874 06-26-2023 05:11 PM
Last Post: pchristofi
  2-way paging with no indication on phone nolto 1 1,741 05-11-2023 11:20 PM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL
  T57W - Using the Phone Directory bill@wesimplifyit.com 0 1,085 04-14-2023 12:41 AM
Last Post: bill@wesimplifyit.com
  W70B - 3CX phone book is not displayed completely ChrisGER 1 4,760 03-19-2023 07:31 PM
Last Post: thomas32
  wrong default line with DECT Handset cbergmann 1 1,954 01-06-2023 07:44 PM
Last Post: complex1
  Set default account via XML programming jsubirana 2 4,537 12-22-2022 12:05 AM
Last Post: clarityvoice
  Populating account.1.label using a variable jleyco 2 2,698 08-18-2022 08:19 PM
Last Post: jleyco
  W70B - Associate Dialed Number with SIP Account karibi 1 3,718 06-15-2022 09:40 AM
Last Post: Cedric
  MP54 factory default gshamburg 1 3,207 06-07-2022 01:50 AM
Last Post: complex1
Question 3CX / Yealink passthrough VLAN issue (when phone is rebooted) maindriver 4 11,582 03-24-2022 10:25 PM
Last Post: maindriver