[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remote Phonebook Ringtone
joshua@itstel.com Offline

Remote Phonebook Ringtone
Is there a way for incoming calls that match the remote phonebook to have a different ringtone than those that do not match?
04-07-2018 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Remote Phonebook Ringtone
(04-07-2018 05:12 PM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  Is there a way for incoming calls that match the remote phonebook to have a different ringtone than those that do not match?

Hi Joshua

This is Kevin from Yealink support team, nice to know you here.
About this request, may I know how many contact in remote phonebook.
Currently we can set different ringtone for local contact, so you can add specific contact in local contact. Please kindly if it is OK for you.

BTW, may I know how many phones do you have?

Best Regards,
Kevin
04-09-2018 11:49 AM

(04-09-2018 11:49 AM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  
(04-07-2018 05:12 PM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  Is there a way for incoming calls that match the remote phonebook to have a different ringtone than those that do not match?

Hi Joshua

Currently we can set different ringtone for local contact, so you can add specific contact in local contact. Please kindly if it is OK for you.

Best Regards,
Kevin

Thank you for the response. So the answer is "no" correct? I understand that the local phone book entries can have a different ringtone, but not the Remote Phonebook entries.

I am and installer with over 2000 T46 phones installed. My customers want to use the Remote Phonebook to update all phones with the Remote Phonebook directory with a distinct ringtone and leave the local phonebook for the individual end user to edit with there own personal entries.
04-09-2018 11:57 AM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(04-09-2018 11:57 AM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 11:49 AM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  

Hi Joshua

Best Regards,
Kevin

Thank you for the response. So the answer is "no" correct? I understand that the local phone book entries can have a different ringtone, but not the Remote Phonebook entries.

I am and installer with over 2000 T46 phones installed. My customers want to use the Remote Phonebook to update all phones with the Remote Phonebook directory with a distinct ringtone and leave the local phonebook for the individual end user to edit with there own personal entries.

Hi Joshua

Thank you. I'm sorry that we don't support it now.
So can I say that you may want to set different ringtone for different department with remote phonebook, right?

May I know how many group you want to set for different ringtone?
You are a installer so you must know how to do auto provision with yealink phone, I think we can use AutoP to update local phonebook with 'local_contact.data.url', end user can add their private contact manually. Is it OK for you?

Or we can set distinct ringtone in your PBX side, is it OK?
Please kindly check and let me know if any update.
04-10-2018 01:35 AM

Yes, that is what I'm requesting.

I'll look into the local phone book option. Thank you.
04-10-2018 10:44 AM

(04-10-2018 10:44 AM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  Yes, that is what I'm requesting.

I added local phone book to the auto provision. The phone auto provisions, and the local phone book entries appear in the group I created. - GOOD

End user adds own local phone book entries to an end user group they created named "Personal" - GOOD

I modify the local phone book used for auto provision. I auto provision the phone again, and the modifications are accepted - GOOD

However, the end user entries are erased - BAD

I'm using an XML file. Will uses a CSV file have different results? Is there a way to upload a local phone book with erases the end user's entries?
04-10-2018 06:11 PM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(04-10-2018 06:11 PM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  
(04-10-2018 10:44 AM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  Yes, that is what I'm requesting.

I added local phone book to the auto provision. The phone auto provisions, and the local phone book entries appear in the group I created. - GOOD

End user adds own local phone book entries to an end user group they created named "Personal" - GOOD

I modify the local phone book used for auto provision. I auto provision the phone again, and the modifications are accepted - GOOD

However, the end user entries are erased - BAD

I'm using an XML file. Will uses a CSV file have different results? Is there a way to upload a local phone book with erases the end user's entries?

Hi Joshua

I can reproduce this issue, I need to check with R&D.
May I know your phone FW. All phones are T46G, right?

Best Regards,
Kevin
04-11-2018 01:49 AM

I use both the 46G and 46S. FW is 66/28.83.0.10.

My hope was that the Group that I modified via auto provision would change - as it did - but the Groups that the end user created would be left unchanged - they were erased.

This is why I wanted to use the remote phone book for "Company" numbers and leave the local phone book for the end users. But most of my customers would like a different ring tone for the Company phone numbers - which I could not achieve with the Remote Phone Book.
04-11-2018 11:00 AM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(04-11-2018 11:00 AM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  I use both the 46G and 46S. FW is 66/28.83.0.10.

My hope was that the Group that I modified via auto provision would change - as it did - but the Groups that the end user created would be left unchanged - they were erased.

This is why I wanted to use the remote phone book for "Company" numbers and leave the local phone book for the end users. But most of my customers would like a different ring tone for the Company phone numbers - which I could not achieve with the Remote Phone Book.

Hi Joshua

Thank you for your information. I will check with R&D and let you know if any update.
04-11-2018 01:54 PM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(04-11-2018 01:54 PM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  
(04-11-2018 11:00 AM)joshua@itstel.com Wrote:  I use both the 46G and 46S. FW is 66/28.83.0.10.

Hi Joshua

Thank you for your information. I will check with R&D and let you know if any update.

Hi Joshua

P&M want to know if it is urgent now for you? If not, can we wait for future FW? Or may at the end of 2018.

BTW, can you also tell me:
1. Actually only end user set distinctive ringtone for different contacts, may I know why you want set distinctive for different department? Is there any specially requirement?
2. I think all 2000 phones already finish deployment, right? Can you tell me customer name?
04-16-2018 03:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Directory - Remote Phone Book XML Format Cloud9phone 4 17,833 07-28-2023 02:35 AM
Last Post: digiaustin
Information Toggle Power LED or update config via remote? 48design-cg 0 1,077 01-17-2023 05:32 PM
Last Post: 48design-cg
  Hear the ringtone in the headset Reseau Web Plus 2 3,717 05-25-2022 11:33 PM
Last Post: Reseau Web Plus
  Add the Remote Phone Book via a .cnf file sfrazier 6 7,402 02-04-2022 04:02 AM
Last Post: sfrazier
  T46S-Vonage Overwriting Remote Directory igendreau 1 4,665 09-29-2021 03:30 AM
Last Post: complex1
  T46S Remote phonebook update to local phonebook. T9 Search UCUC 5 8,633 06-30-2021 02:50 PM
Last Post: UCUC
  Public Phonebook on incomming call Oliaargau 3 12,078 04-16-2021 05:34 PM
Last Post: Oliaargau
  T46G/T48G no Ringtone because of 183 insted of ringing eurix 2 6,839 04-09-2021 05:16 PM
Last Post: eurix
  T48s - delete ringtone via UI / Web Toto 10 20,452 04-23-2020 01:02 PM
Last Post: lukaslegros
  Local and Remote phonebooks with more than 3 #s per entry? AndyInNJ 1 5,071 04-04-2020 09:29 AM
Last Post: complex1