[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disable call waiting
kjaslow Offline

Disable call waiting
I'm using a W60P with W56H handsets. It's a new setup and I'm hoping I'm just overlooking something. With my previous phone (and any phone I've ever used), I could dial *70 prior to dialing a phone number to disable call waiting just for that call. I see that menus exist to turn call waiting on or off, but the beauty of using *70 is that it could be added to the number in the directory. I've been unable to make *70 to work on this phone. If I just send the number as *70xxxxxxxxxx (in the US, where I use real numbers where I've typed an 'x') the number is not accepted by my ITSP.

If I just dial *70 and send on the Yealink, my provider gives back the tone I get when the number was invalid. With any other phone, I would get back a dial tone at this point.

Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?
02-04-2018 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Travis_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

RE: Disable call waiting
(02-04-2018 10:01 PM)kjaslow Wrote:  I'm using a W60P with W56H handsets. It's a new setup and I'm hoping I'm just overlooking something. With my previous phone (and any phone I've ever used), I could dial *70 prior to dialing a phone number to disable call waiting just for that call. I see that menus exist to turn call waiting on or off, but the beauty of using *70 is that it could be added to the number in the directory. I've been unable to make *70 to work on this phone. If I just send the number as *70xxxxxxxxxx (in the US, where I use real numbers where I've typed an 'x') the number is not accepted by my ITSP.

If I just dial *70 and send on the Yealink, my provider gives back the tone I get when the number was invalid. With any other phone, I would get back a dial tone at this point.

Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

Hi dear customer,

I think in your specific usage scenario, the *70 code is provided by the server, right? Please go to web interface-->Features-->General Information, and put *70 as call waiting code area.

Please test and let me know if any update.

Best Regards,
Yealink_Travis
02-05-2018 09:39 AM
kjaslow Offline

I had already put in *70 as the "Call Waiting Off Code." However, this setting seems like it is likely there to support the menu function from the phone: Call Features | Call Waiting|Disable. But the purpose of *70 is to dial it at the start of a call, and the feature will be disabled just for that phone call, without disabling it altogether. In other words, it will re-enable on the next phone call. This seems to be pretty standard among US service providers. But when I dial *70 on my phone, I immediately get a busy signal.

By the way, if I receive a call, I should also be able to dial *70 while I'm on the call to disable call waiting so the call is not interrupted by another incoming call. So, it's important that I can pass a *70 command...
02-05-2018 05:05 PM
Travis_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

(02-05-2018 05:05 PM)kjaslow Wrote:  I had already put in *70 as the "Call Waiting Off Code." However, this setting seems like it is likely there to support the menu function from the phone: Call Features | Call Waiting|Disable. But the purpose of *70 is to dial it at the start of a call, and the feature will be disabled just for that phone call, without disabling it altogether. In other words, it will re-enable on the next phone call. This seems to be pretty standard among US service providers. But when I dial *70 on my phone, I immediately get a busy signal.

By the way, if I receive a call, I should also be able to dial *70 while I'm on the call to disable call waiting so the call is not interrupted by another incoming call. So, it's important that I can pass a *70 command...

Hi dear customer,

Thanks for the clarification, however, after double checking with our Product Team, it's confirmed not supported by now.

Would you please kindly help collect trace files to me so that I could apply a feature request for you, what we need as below:
1. trace files from W60B for further analysis:
a. Level 6 syslog
b. PCAP trace
c. Config.bin
You can get the guide from this link to see how to export the issue data(trace files):
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=707

2. Trace files from other brand phone, so that we could do the comparison.

Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

Regards,
Yealink_Travis
02-06-2018 01:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call interrupts after 5-20 seconds telution 0 524 11-14-2023 01:16 AM
Last Post: telution
  Beep after ringing when call is answered cinergi 10 17,148 06-10-2022 08:33 AM
Last Post: SGFC
  Several seconds delay after accepting the call. mustimese 2 5,675 09-09-2021 05:02 AM
Last Post: mustimese
  Dial tone keeps ongoing even when call is rejected at destination w60B-Spain 4 7,019 09-03-2021 12:28 AM
Last Post: w60B-Spain
  SCA showing call held but no soft key to retrieve on other handsets tima 1 5,974 03-04-2021 01:47 PM
Last Post: bdm
  Audio delay when call answered tjwesto 4 11,128 09-15-2020 01:56 PM
Last Post: complex1
  How to delete "missed call" notifcations from ALL w56H handsets at once? nangers123 3 9,334 07-10-2020 03:06 PM
Last Post: complex1
  Remove Missed Call notification from W60B stratos 0 3,952 01-24-2020 07:28 PM
Last Post: stratos
  W60h Headset Call Control Lansalot 0 4,499 01-15-2020 05:22 PM
Last Post: Lansalot
  W60B call pickup tiago.castro 0 4,043 12-03-2019 12:56 PM
Last Post: tiago.castro