[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DND and BLF working together
sysop Offline

RE: DND and BLF working together
Did you find a solution for this?

(01-26-2018 05:01 PM)c99hris Wrote:  Is there a way to get the BLF key to show that another extension has their DND button activated?
10-05-2018 08:59 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
c99hris Offline

No still does not work
10-05-2018 11:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
jduvall Offline

Hi Yealink,

I am using Vonage and have 16 of the T48s phones. Am I able to make the DND BLF status change colors when enabled? I'm told from Vonage "no", but they have told me several things that are incorrect thus far AND I see the phone has the capability according to your T48s user guide.

Also, how do I make the time move around on the Screen Saver screen? It did it once, but now it's just stagnant. In the manual, I see it can be set to move, but I'm seeing that only under the CFG configuration. Any way to set in the WU or UI configuration setting?

Thank you for your help!
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 10:43 PM by jduvall.)
10-07-2018 10:42 PM
Nick_Yealink Offline

Hi jduvall,

Thanks for reaching out to Yealink.
For your question 1, I'm sorry for that our phone cannot make DND BLF status change colors. In our T4 Series IP Phone User Guide page 112 to 113 which I have attached, you can see all the state indicator of the BLF. It can only indicate the status change of 'idle', 'incoming call' and 'in a call'.
For your question 2, our phone can support make the time move around on the Screensaver screen. And you can configure it through Phone directly. The steps: Menu->Basic->Display->Screensaver->Set 'Display Clock' to Off.

Any question,please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Yealink T4 Series IP Phones User Guide.pdf (Size: 6.53 MB / Downloads: 1)
10-11-2018 01:27 AM
jduvall Offline

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply and the guide. May I direct you to page 33 of your guide, look under T48S/T48G Line Key Icons. A "red telephone icon" next to the description "DND is enabled on this line". I see it differently than the color green that is showing as normal. Then, where does this "red telephone icon" appear for DND enabled?

Appreciate your response.

Jim D

(10-11-2018 01:27 AM)Nick_Yealink Wrote:  Hi jduvall,

Thanks for reaching out to Yealink.
For your question 1, I'm sorry for that our phone cannot make DND BLF status change colors. In our T4 Series IP Phone User Guide page 112 to 113 which I have attached, you can see all the state indicator of the BLF. It can only indicate the status change of 'idle', 'incoming call' and 'in a call'.
For your question 2, our phone can support make the time move around on the Screensaver screen. And you can configure it through Phone directly. The steps: Menu->Basic->Display->Screensaver->Set 'Display Clock' to Off.

Any question,please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards
10-11-2018 02:36 PM
sysop Offline

Nick,

I'm sorry to contradict you but DND status can be monitored by a BLF key with a value of DND+EXT.
Setting a BLF key to DND+101 will make the led of my T40G turn red if ext 101 set itself as DND trought my PBX (Freeswitch). Same thing for prefix FORWARD+.
Problem is, when using DND+EXT, only DND is monitored, the led will not turn red when the extention is busy.

Would it be possible to set multiple targets for a BLF key?
value = EXT,DND+EXT,FORWARD+EXT

Thanks

(10-11-2018 01:27 AM)Nick_Yealink Wrote:  For your question 1, I'm sorry for that our phone cannot make DND BLF status change colors. In our T4 Series IP Phone User Guide page 112 to 113 which I have attached, you can see all the state indicator of the BLF. It can only indicate the status change of 'idle', 'incoming call' and 'in a call'.
10-11-2018 03:41 PM
jolouis Offline

(10-11-2018 03:41 PM)sysop Wrote:  I'm sorry to contradict you but DND status can be monitored by a BLF key with a value of DND+EXT.
Setting a BLF key to DND+101 will make the led of my T40G turn red if ext 101 set itself as DND trought my PBX (Freeswitch). Same thing for prefix FORWARD+.

This is a PBX supported feature. Basically all you are doing is telling the phone to subscribe to DND status instead of normal extension status. If the PBX will let you do it then it basically treats DND as In Use or Idle, and as Nick stated, this will cause the BLF to show either red or green. It's the PBX essentially tricking the phone.

So your statement is not contradicting Nick, the two of you are just dealing with two different parts of the overall equation. What's important to note though is that the phone does not have a way of displaying DND state DIFFERENTLY from normal BLF InUse/Idle states.

As for monitoring multiple things from a single BLF I do not believe that is implemented on Yealink phones currently but Nick or somebody else from Yealink would have to confirm that.

Just as with DND status, there may be a way to have your PBX do the work on that and crunch all the states into a single point for the BLF to monitor, but once again that's PBX dependent. For example in Asterisk you could do it by implementing a custom device state hint that would be tied to the state, the DND state, etc... but you have to implement that yourself, not something built in.
10-12-2018 02:46 PM
sysop Offline

(10-12-2018 02:46 PM)jolouis Wrote:  
(10-11-2018 03:41 PM)sysop Wrote:  I'm sorry to contradict you but DND status can be monitored by a BLF key with a value of DND+EXT.

This is a PBX supported feature. Basically all you are doing is telling the phone to subscribe to DND status instead of normal extension status. If the PBX will let you do it then it basically treats DND as In Use or Idle, and as Nick stated, this will cause the BLF to show either red or green. It's the PBX essentially tricking the phone.

So your statement is not contradicting Nick, the two of you are just dealing with two different parts of the overall equation. What's important to note though is that the phone does not have a way of displaying DND state DIFFERENTLY from normal BLF InUse/Idle states.

As for monitoring multiple things from a single BLF I do not believe that is implemented on Yealink phones currently but Nick or somebody else from Yealink would have to confirm that.

Just as with DND status, there may be a way to have your PBX do the work on that and crunch all the states into a single point for the BLF to monitor, but once again that's PBX dependent. For example in Asterisk you could do it by implementing a custom device state hint that would be tied to the state, the DND state, etc... but you have to implement that yourself, not something built in.

Thanks for the clarification. Really appreciated!
10-12-2018 06:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T48U BLF Park Call not working timotel 0 808 09-20-2023 07:20 AM
Last Post: timotel
  T48 - DTMF not working when DSS keys are selected Freek Mooij 4 11,021 11-07-2022 12:53 AM
Last Post: rromano
  T43U LDAP Settings Not Working nolto 1 5,027 01-14-2022 07:03 PM
Last Post: nolto
  NAP over Yealink T46 - not working Bernhard77 0 2,850 11-16-2021 09:15 PM
Last Post: Bernhard77
  Phone features not working KenleyHickman 10 18,063 09-14-2020 07:52 PM
Last Post: KenleyHickman
  t48G SFB not working at all now j.pakula 0 3,475 06-22-2020 02:36 PM
Last Post: j.pakula
  Tim&Date Not working Brian1949 4 9,306 03-15-2020 09:11 AM
Last Post: complex1
  T46S voicemail key not working (off hook) Advance2000 6 15,085 08-31-2019 07:29 AM
Last Post: rithvik
  DialingEmpty tag not working in softkey template in V84 ipcsolutions 1 5,152 08-29-2019 11:09 PM
Last Post: ipcsolutions
Exclamation IPv6 not working as of 35.83.0.50 Louis6321 1 6,135 07-09-2019 08:41 AM
Last Post: Kevin_Yealink