[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T42 Firmware updated to 29.82.0.20
Pelican Offline

T42 Firmware updated to 29.82.0.20
Hi,

I have just updated one of my T42G's with the latest firmware (from 29.81.0.110 to 29.82.0.20).
When the phone reboots I am presented with a Redirector screen asking for a username, which is pre-filled in with oscart42g and a password, which is blank. I cannot get past this screen without pressing back.

If I press OK, it just loops back to the same screen. After saying 'Configuration Updating!'.
Why is this here? How do I get rid of it?

I hope to get a response soon?!

Thanks,
12-06-2017 09:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Aishion_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: T42 Firmware updated to 29.82.0.20
(12-06-2017 09:25 AM)Pelican Wrote:  Hi,

I have just updated one of my T42G's with the latest firmware (from 29.81.0.110 to 29.82.0.20).
When the phone reboots I am presented with a Redirector screen asking for a username, which is pre-filled in with oscart42g and a password, which is blank. I cannot get past this screen without pressing back.

If I press OK, it just loops back to the same screen. After saying 'Configuration Updating!'.

Thanks,

Dear customer,

This is Aishion from Yealink technical team, nice to know you. My pleasure to work for you!

I will do a local test and let you know about the result.

If any question, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards
Aishion
12-11-2017 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Aishion_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Thanks,
Dear customer,

Sorry for my late reply.

It's the RPS mechanism that cause this issue, the RPS will be triggered by reset the phone to factory or upgrade the firmware.

About how to avoid it, you can kindly configure on your RPS provision server that don't using username and password.

Or you can using below provision server URL:

http://username:pass@someurl.com/provision

Best Regards
Aishion
12-11-2017 07:53 AM
Pelican Offline

(12-11-2017 07:53 AM)Aishion_Yealink Wrote:  

Thanks,
Dear customer,

Sorry for my late reply.

It's the RPS mechanism that cause this issue, the RPS will be triggered by reset the phone to factory or upgrade the firmware.

About how to avoid it, you can kindly configure on your RPS provision server that don't using username and password.

Best Regards
Aishion

Hi Aishion,

Thanks for the reply... I also opened a support ticket (#59255) and it looked like my MAC addresses needed resetting your end.

All of the handsets now seem to be working. It seems as if my initial provider had set up RPS. But my current provider does not use this.

Thanks,
12-11-2017 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Aishion_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(12-11-2017 10:28 AM)Pelican Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 07:53 AM)Aishion_Yealink Wrote:  

Thanks,
Dear customer,

Sorry for my late reply.

Best Regards
Aishion

Hi Aishion,

Thanks for the reply... I also opened a support ticket (#59255) and it looked like my MAC addresses needed resetting your end.

All of the handsets now seem to be working. It seems as if my initial provider had set up RPS. But my current provider does not use this.

Thanks,

Dear customer,

Thanks for your prompt reply about this issue.

I see Evan already reset it for you and glad to hear that your issue have solved.

Best Regards
Aishion
12-12-2017 12:52 AM
tortoise Offline

Can i ask how you updated? When i type in user and user for username and password it's tells me it's incorrect. It's very difficult to get an answer from support how to do this and if there is a workaround.

(12-11-2017 12:56 AM)Aishion_Yealink Wrote:  

Thanks,

Dear customer,

This is Aishion from Yealink technical team, nice to know you. My pleasure to work for you!

I will do a local test and let you know about the result.

Best Regards
Aishion

Hi Aishon, is there any chance of someone answering my query about updating my firmware...it's been over a week.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2023 06:59 AM by tortoise.)
06-14-2023 06:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T42's SIP firmware to Skype for Business firmware Brenton 1 9,171 03-22-2018 09:57 AM
Last Post: Evan_Yealink
  42S S4B firmware Courtney 1 10,125 09-26-2017 12:04 PM
Last Post: Evan_Yealink