[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Config for Auto Provisioning Questions
Audevon Offline

Question Config for Auto Provisioning Questions
Hello,

I'm new to Yealink and trying to figure out how to setup my phones for provisioning. The phone is running the latest SfB firmware and my test phone is a T48S. I think I everything worked out except I'm attempting to disable two options on the phone and can't seem to do it. The first one is the phone lock option. I have in my config this entry:

phone_setting.phone_lock.enable = 0

which from what I've read so far, should disable the phone from requiring a pin to unlock the phone. Everything else in my config applies to the phone except for this entry. Anyone have any suggestions?

The second one I'm trying to figure out is disabling the "Web Sign-in" option on the phone. My company only wants only PIN Auth and BToE as sign in options. The Web Sign-in option only works on certain people so we want to remove it. I have yet to find any documentation or thread discussing this option and how to remove it.

If I can get these two options removed then I'll have the provisioning process setup so all we need to do is plug in the phone and the rest will just happen. That way we do not have to manually change settings on 1100 phones when we start to deploy them.

Thanks for any assistance you all can give me.
10-30-2017 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: Config for Auto Provisioning Questions
(10-30-2017 06:38 PM)Audevon Wrote:  Hello,

I'm new to Yealink and trying to figure out how to setup my phones for provisioning. The phone is running the latest SfB firmware and my test phone is a T48S. I think I everything worked out except I'm attempting to disable two options on the phone and can't seem to do it. The first one is the phone lock option. I have in my config this entry:

which from what I've read so far, should disable the phone from requiring a pin to unlock the phone. Everything else in my config applies to the phone except for this entry. Anyone have any suggestions?

The second one I'm trying to figure out is disabling the "Web Sign-in" option on the phone. My company only wants only PIN Auth and BToE as sign in options. The Web Sign-in option only works on certain people so we want to remove it. I have yet to find any documentation or thread discussing this option and how to remove it.

If I can get these two options removed then I'll have the provisioning process setup so all we need to do is plug in the phone and the rest will just happen. That way we do not have to manually change settings on 1100 phones when we start to deploy them.

Hi,

For the first issue:
After the phone is provisioned with the parameter “phone_setting.phone_lock.enable = 0” please login the phone and check the status “Phone Lock Enable” is “Disabled”
(Features > Phone Lock)

Second issue:
If you don’t want users login to the phone simply change the admin and user password. (can be done by provisioning)

Hope this will help.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
10-31-2017 09:08 AM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi

About phone lock issue, if you don't hope the phone locked, please use this parameter:
sfb.phone_lock.enable=1

For web sign in feature, please use this parameter:
features.device_pairing_for_online.enable=0

BTW, you have 1100 T48S? It is a big project. May i know if you contact with Yealink support guy or Yealink sale before? Do you already got those phones? Or it is a presale question?

BR
Kevin
10-31-2017 12:38 PM
Audevon Offline

Kevin,

Thank you very much! Those two config options worked like a charm. I've been beating my head against a wall for a few days trying to get those two options to work. This is a presale question. We purchased a few T48S, T46S and T42S for testing. We have employees with different roles using them to see how they will fit with our current workflow. So far we have been impressed.

(10-31-2017 12:38 PM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  

Hi

About phone lock issue, if you don't hope the phone locked, please use this parameter:
sfb.phone_lock.enable=1

BTW, you have 1100 T48S? It is a big project. May i know if you contact with Yealink support guy or Yealink sale before? Do you already got those phones? Or it is a presale question?

BR
Kevin
10-31-2017 12:54 PM
Audevon Offline

Kevin,

You rock! Thank you very much! I've been stumped on this config question for a few days. It is now working like we want. This is a presale question. We purchased a couple T48S, T46S and T42S to give to certain users to see how they work in our current workflow. So far, we have been impressed!

Hi

sfb.phone_lock.enable=1

BR
Kevin
10-31-2017 12:57 PM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(10-31-2017 12:57 PM)Audevon Wrote:  Kevin,

You rock! Thank you very much! I've been stumped on this config question for a few days. It is now working like we want. This is a presale question. We purchased a couple T48S, T46S and T42S to give to certain users to see how they work in our current workflow. So far, we have been impressed!

Hi

sfb.phone_lock.enable=1

BR
Kevin

Hi Audevon

Glad to here that. If you have any other issue on this project, please kindly feel freely to let me know.

You can send email to kevin@yealink.com, it can help me to reach your any issue more quickly. If you have any business question, i can recommend yealink sale team to you.

BTW, may i know when this project will be deployed? May i know how many T48S, T46S, T42S will you need?

BR
Kevin
11-01-2017 06:06 AM
Audevon Offline

(11-01-2017 06:06 AM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  
(10-31-2017 12:57 PM)Audevon Wrote:  Kevin,

Hi

sfb.phone_lock.enable=1

BR
Kevin

Hi Audevon

Glad to here that. If you have any other issue on this project, please kindly feel freely to let me know.

You can send email to kevin@yealink.com, it can help me to reach your any issue more quickly. If you have any business question, i can recommend yealink sale team to you.

BTW, may i know when this project will be deployed? May i know how many T48S, T46S, T42S will you need?

BR
Kevin

Thanks, Kevin! We have not planned out the project yet. We are still seeing how testing goes and what the feedback is from the test users. Also, the number of T48S, T46S and T42S phones will also be determined by the feedback from our test users. So it is too early to tell. I have another question and will e-mail you here shortly.

Audevon
11-03-2017 04:15 PM
Audevon Offline

(10-31-2017 12:38 PM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  Hi

sfb.phone_lock.enable=1

BR
Kevin

Also, realized I wasn't running the most current firmware so I upgraded my two test phones on my desk to 66.9.0.25 and now the phone lock pin is back and I'm still using the same config. Also, now the calendar is broke. It will not connect to the Exchange server. I went in and added the Exchange URL and it still doesn't work. Is 66.9.0.25 the best version to run for SfB when using a T48 and a T46? I really do like the additional options it has.
Thanks!
11-03-2017 08:27 PM
Byron13 Offline

(11-03-2017 08:27 PM)Audevon Wrote:  Also, realized I wasn't running the most current firmware so I upgraded my two test phones on my desk to 66.9.0.25 and now the phone lock pin is back and I'm still using the same config. Also, now the calendar is broke. It will not connect to the Exchange server. I went in and added the Exchange URL and it still doesn't work. Is 66.9.0.25 the best version to run for SfB when using a T48 and a T46? I really do like the additional options it has.
Thanks!

Hi Yealink,

I'm testing the T46S with Skype for Business and I've come across the same behaviour as Audevon.
I installed the SfB firmware version "T46S(T48S,T42S,T41S)-66.9.0.25.rom" and the phone is asking me to set a lock PIN after sign in.
I've confirmed that my config file "y000000000066.cfg" has the setting "sfb.phone_lock.enable = 1".

How can I get this setting provisioned with the config files?

Regards,

Byron
11-23-2017 05:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Auto Provision Wall Paper Stopped Working TRP Tech 5 9,150 02-19-2024 12:02 AM
Last Post: jamesalan
Smile W73P dect phone not allowing to auto-provision as different extension Andi_Dee 2 1,190 02-05-2024 12:49 PM
Last Post: bekean
  How to disable Voicemail from .cfg in auto provisioning file? boniakowski 2 1,316 09-19-2023 12:03 AM
Last Post: boniakowski
  VPN Changes Do Not Get Auto-Provisioned joe1st 3 2,684 08-08-2023 12:35 AM
Last Post: cecilberge
Wink Auto Provsioning EOL products and devices that do dont have recent firmware releases GalacticSolutions 3 5,674 04-12-2023 05:32 PM
Last Post: aaronmedina
  account.X provisioning vieri 7 4,735 02-10-2023 07:02 PM
Last Post: vieri
  Yealink T54W Auto Provision not working h.cmc 1 3,543 12-09-2022 08:31 PM
Last Post: complex1
  W73P Custom Handset Config to Disable Noise Cancellation vikramgupte 2 2,965 10-25-2022 07:37 AM
Last Post: vikramgupte
  T46U Not Contacting Provisioning Server 88fingerslukee 0 2,105 09-06-2022 11:43 PM
Last Post: 88fingerslukee
  Need help auto provisioning a phone with Nextiva service. LittleDogTech 3 4,789 08-30-2022 06:28 PM
Last Post: complex1