[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phone issues
Eric.cfcs Offline

Phone issues
I have several phone issues that support cannot seem to solve.

We keep experiencing dropped calls. Phone connects and then call drops or we put customer on hold and they drop. We have tested internet, connections, speed, QOS, had Microsoft run extensive testing and everything points back to phone. We are a small business and my customers are leaving because they cant reach us.

I have a few phones that constantly show they are signing in and therefore, cannot be used to answer calls.

I have 1 phone that keeps showing as PC audio when BTOE is in use and you cannot use handset, only speaker to make and answer calls.
WE have been struggling with this for almost a year. I would like these solved or be able to get a refund but my vendor says it's too late to return even though the problems have been going on since day one.

Based upon this experience, I would NEVER recommend this phone.
10-09-2017 05:23 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Phone issues
(10-09-2017 05:23 PM)Eric.cfcs Wrote:  I have several phone issues that support cannot seem to solve.

We keep experiencing dropped calls. Phone connects and then call drops or we put customer on hold and they drop. We have tested internet, connections, speed, QOS, had Microsoft run extensive testing and everything points back to phone. We are a small business and my customers are leaving because they cant reach us.

I have a few phones that constantly show they are signing in and therefore, cannot be used to answer calls.

I have 1 phone that keeps showing as PC audio when BTOE is in use and you cannot use handset, only speaker to make and answer calls.
WE have been struggling with this for almost a year. I would like these solved or be able to get a refund but my vendor says it's too late to return even though the problems have been going on since day one.

Based upon this experience, I would NEVER recommend this phone.

Hi Eric

About this issue, please help check below questions, it can help me to solve this issue.
1. please let me the phone model and phone firmware.
2. It is Skype for business issue, right? I notice that you use yealink BTOE.
3. May i know the BTOE version you are using .

BR
Kevin
10-11-2017 02:10 AM
Eric.cfcs Offline

T42G Phone.

I am using the following:
29.8.1.80 firmware
3.0.0.29 BTOE

Eric
10-12-2017 08:16 PM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(10-12-2017 08:16 PM)Eric.cfcs Wrote:  T42G Phone.

29.8.1.80 firmware
3.0.0.29 BTOE

Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for your information. You can upgrade the BTOE to this version. We solve a lot of issue related BTOE.
http://download.support.yealink.com/down....32%29.rar

For the call drop issue, please help check:
1. may i know if you don't connect BTOE, will the phone has this issue?
2. may i know if the SFB client has this issue or not?
3. all calls will has this issue? Only incoming call all outgoing call?
4. This issue happened when you made PSTN call? Or SFB call?
5. Can you go to phone web interface of the phone, then go to Settings->Configuration, then set the global log level as 6, and set the call log level as 6. then reproduce the issue and export the log file to me.

For PC audio issue, please kindly right click the BTOE tool, then disable set pc as audio device option. It can solve this PC audio issue.

Let me know if any update.

BR
Kevin
10-13-2017 11:21 AM
Eric.cfcs Offline

1. Yes the call drop occurs with or without BTOE
2. We only use handsets T42G so I do not know if the calls will drop otherwise.
3. It is random on incoming calls. It either occurs right after we answer the call or if we place the call on hold. It is completely random and therefore hard to capture or replicate.
4. I am not sure the difference here. The calls are not to other SFB users but from incoming calls.
5. Random and not sure how to replicate.

I have upgraded BTOE, did a factory reset on phone and reinstalled latest ROM. Phone shows it is registered and signed in. Incoming calls do not ring on the handset even though it is listed as primary device. Also, when you try to make a call, you must now press the headset button even though we do not have a headset attached only the standard phone attached to the physical T42G. Dual headset setting is disabled. Ringer setting is speaker and headset.

I had also put in a ticket long ago concerning time and location constantly resetting. Time goes to 24 hr format and location deletes randomly. This issue was never resolved.

Eric

(10-13-2017 11:21 AM)Kevin_Yealink Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 08:16 PM)Eric.cfcs Wrote:  T42G Phone.

29.8.1.80 firmware
3.0.0.29 BTOE

Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for your information. You can upgrade the BTOE to this version. We solve a lot of issue related BTOE.
http://download.support.yealink.com/down....32%29.rar

For the call drop issue, please help check:
1. may i know if you don't connect BTOE, will the phone has this issue?
2. may i know if the SFB client has this issue or not?
3. all calls will has this issue? Only incoming call all outgoing call?
4. This issue happened when you made PSTN call? Or SFB call?
5. Can you go to phone web interface of the phone, then go to Settings->Configuration, then set the global log level as 6, and set the call log level as 6. then reproduce the issue and export the log file to me.

For PC audio issue, please kindly right click the BTOE tool, then disable set pc as audio device option. It can solve this PC audio issue.

Let me know if any update.

BR
Kevin
10-30-2017 04:32 PM
Chris Barron Offline

could I add something to this thread concerning the underlying networking. Is it a flat DHCP and NAT network behind a router with phones and PCs plugged into the same switches. One thing that always alarmed me about MS and Skype was its approach to networking.

I have seen problems similar to those described attributed to problems with Vlan'ing and LLDP, where the settings in the switch were not in step with the settings in the phone In some instances there was no real vlan applied but the switch LLDP settings interacted with the phone, flipping it on and off the network under normal operation the events were too short to take the phone offline. If there are no vlans needed the best option would be to turn off lldp in the phone and the switch.

chris
10-31-2017 08:29 PM
Eric.cfcs Offline

USB driver init fail, please wait usb install

I am getting this error on 2 machines running Win 10 when I use the version .32 of BTOE connector. Please advise how I can get this resolved.

Eric
01-03-2018 06:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Phone lines not showing around office peter@rackliffe 0 6,819 06-04-2020 07:46 PM
Last Post: peter@rackliffe