[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Provisioning Issue auto_provision.power_on = 1 required for Sip Notify
Frank Drews Offline

Provisioning Issue auto_provision.power_on = 1 required for Sip Notify
Hi,

we have about 200 Yealink T46G running on a 3cx V12.5. The Yealink Firmware is on V73.
Via the provisioning templates we set auto_provision.power_on = 0, because on V71, we wanted to preserve the custom settings of the users and provision only via the pbx.

The provisioning request via the 3cx server (SIP Notify) is not taking any effect. Only when wie start the provision via the web-interface of the phone (Autoprovision Now), or if we set auto_provision.power_on = 1 (than the request via 3cx is working). The phone is rebooting, even if the provisioning won't work, so the phone seems to get some command, but can't get the file or something.

We have been testing the V73 templates provided by 3cx and Yealink with minimal changes (VLAN, auto_provision.power_on = 0) to reproduce the issue.

I am attaching our provisioning template (copy&pasted the text), as well as the configuration file and a level 6 log of the phone. The provisioning, which failed started some time at 12:38 on Jul 10. I didn't include a log of an successfull provisioning (via webinterface). If you need additional logs, I can provide them. PCAP capturing of course, wasn't working during reboot, so no files here.

Is there any difference is the way the phone is pulling the provisioning files comparing power-on to sip notify?

We used to set auto_provision.pnp_enable = 0, but as far as I can tell it seems not to have anything to do with this, because I reset the phone and can reproduce the behaviour.

What have I got to do to make the provisioning work again, without having to manually change settings for each phone? Some issue with the server providing the file?

Best regards Frank

Attached File(s)
.zip  filesT46provFrank.zip (Size: 80.73 KB / Downloads: 3)
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 10:41 PM by Frank Drews.)
07-10-2015 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
James_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Provisioning Issue auto_provision.power_on = 1 required for Sip Notify
Hello Frank,

There is a parameter:
sip.notify_reboot_enable = (the value range form 0 to 2)

0- If the Notify message carry "Event:check-sync" phone will do an autoprovision. If the Notify message carry "Event: check-sync;reboot=true" phone will do an autoprovision and reboot.

1- Phone will reboot as long as there is "Event:check-sync" in Notify message.

2- Phone will ingore Notify message with "Event: check-sync"

The default value is 1.

So please set the value to 0 and check again.

Regards,
James
07-11-2015 09:31 AM
Frank Drews Offline

Hi James,

thanks so much for your help. This really helps me a lot and explains things. So is their anything we can do about the phones, which are already provsioned the wrong way? I assume a reset &provision will do the job, right? Of course some custom settings (made by the users) will be lost, but I cannot think of a way to save those conveniently for 200 phones, is there?

best regards Frank

(07-11-2015 09:31 AM)Yealink_James Wrote:  Hello Frank,

There is a parameter:
sip.notify_reboot_enable = (the value range form 0 to 2)

0- If the Notify message carry "Event:check-sync" phone will do an autoprovision. If the Notify message carry "Event: check-sync;reboot=true" phone will do an autoprovision and reboot.

1- Phone will reboot as long as there is "Event:check-sync" in Notify message.

2- Phone will ingore Notify message with "Event: check-sync"

The default value is 1.

So please set the value to 0 and check again.

Regards,
James
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 08:48 PM by Frank Drews.)
07-11-2015 08:38 PM
Frank Drews Offline

Hi James, Hi all

just to get this right: the default value for sip.notify_reboot_enbale is , that the phone will reboot on "Event: check-sync" in Notify message, ti will not reprovision.

So if somebody, like we change the auto provision mode; auto_provision.mode = 0, (#0-Disabled (default), 1-Power on) you loose the provisioning access to the phone.

This is not very transparent, if you read the manuals etc. you don't get the impression, that changing the auto_provision.mode value, that this will effect the ability to provision using the 3cx management console. As far as i understand using the default values:
auto_provision.mode = 0
sip.notify_reboot_enbale = 1
will result in no-access to reprovisioning phones from the 3cx management consoles.

I think I must confuse some things, but I it looks this way to me at the moment.

All the best

Frank
07-17-2015 11:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T43 issue with Teams Sip Gateway mecano427 1 549 03-01-2024 08:28 PM
Last Post: complex1
  T42U Issue on Teams / Direct Routing TheGarrison 1 1,567 08-11-2023 11:20 PM
Last Post: TheGarrison
  T46S issue with Showing Additional DSS Pages ama 1 1,413 06-10-2023 12:44 AM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL
  T46G/S Multicast on PC Port Issue MiKeDaDoC 5 11,748 01-02-2023 01:30 AM
Last Post: kw160008
  Hotdesking extra account issue gareth20202 0 1,465 08-05-2022 08:06 PM
Last Post: gareth20202
  T48U 'transfer.dsskey_deal_type' issue srcenturic 0 2,033 06-27-2022 02:52 PM
Last Post: srcenturic
Bug Transfer to Broadworks Network Directory Contacts - screen timeout issue livehappy42 0 2,715 10-27-2021 07:58 AM
Last Post: livehappy42
  Yealink, provisioning and Sophos firewall UCUC 4 8,449 10-07-2021 10:06 PM
Information How can I set the admin password for T46S during provisioning? proofy 4 14,000 07-08-2021 03:54 AM
  First Notify direct second only after 30-40 seconds? wecloudit 2 4,800 06-15-2021 08:51 PM