[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
"Off-hook" dialing?
IanPilcher Offline

"Off-hook" dialing?
I am trying to find a DECT SIP phone system to replace an old analog DECT phone, which is connected to a PAP2T ATA.

These are my home phones, so I've done everything possible to make them act like traditional analog phones. In particular, I use "off-hook" dialing. The ATA is configured to connect to Asterisk as soon as a phone goes off hook, and I use the DISA application to implement a decision tree. This allows my dialplan to immediately recognize international numbers of various lengths, without waiting for a timeout or # key.

Is it possible to configure a W52P (or W56P) to do this? I see the account.X.auto_dial_enable and account.X.auto_dial_num configuration file parameters, but it isn't exactly clear what this does. (My desired use case would be for the phone to auto-dial an extension when the off-hook button is pressed with no digits entered.)
05-30-2017 10:47 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Lucia_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

RE: "Off-hook" dialing?
HI Sir,

From your discription, your request is only press one button to dail out an special extension, right?

Then there is a scheme for you, that is use the replace rule and the dial now feature together. Please see the detail below:

1. set the replace rule, for example, you want dial out the extension 123456789, then you set the prefix as one number like 1, then when you press button 1, it will dail out 123456789 instead.

2. set the dail now feature, set the dial now rule as extension 1, then when you press button 1, it will automatically dail out. Also, you can set the time out for dial now.

3. After you set as the above, then when you press button 1, it will automatically dail out 123456789.
That is press one button, and then dail out one extension automatically. Please note that you can set up to 10 dail now rule.

Can it meet your requirement? If not, please let me know the reason.
Hope you a nice day.

Regards
Lucia
06-01-2017 02:20 AM
IanPilcher Offline

(06-01-2017 02:20 AM)Lucia Wrote:  From your discription, your request is only press one button to dail out an special extension, right?

That is correct, but I want to use the off-hook button for that purpose. I'm trying to determine if I can accomplish that with the account.X.auto_dial_enable and account.X.auto_dial_num configuration options.

Thank you!
06-01-2017 03:25 PM
Lucia_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

Dear Sir,

I am afraid only use the auto dial feature can not meet your requirement.
I have double check with our PM, we will add a new feature call hotline feature in the next year version, then you can set one hotline and only press one button or do one operation can dial out the extension.

For the present, suggest to use the scheme in the previous reply, use the replace rule and the dial now feature together can meet your requirement.

Hope you a nice day.
06-02-2017 03:40 AM
Johnathan Offline

Any update on this feature?

I also need to get the W52/56P doing auto calls... In other words dialing a PSTN number immediately upon going off hook.

Any information is appreciated.
04-15-2018 05:25 PM
wanna Offline

Any update on this feature?gclubgoldenSlot

I also need to get the W52/56P doing auto calls... In other words dialing a PSTN number immediately upon going off hook.

Any information is appreciated.
08-03-2018 01:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W52P - Extension Dialing Issues adam.comws 2 8,621 04-07-2017 12:34 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  Hook flash for call waiting sadale_1270 0 5,422 08-29-2015 09:15 PM
Last Post: sadale_1270
  contacts & ip dialing kostas 5 16,159 05-27-2014 09:35 AM
Last Post: Yealink Support