[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ring Group omits one phone
blake Offline

Ring Group omits one phone
I've got a base, and 3x repeaters, and five phones.

I can reliably reproduce only 4 of the 5 phones ring when the ring group containing all of them is dialed.

Is this a known issue when a repeater is connected? Is a repeater treated somewhat like a phone?

I have further realized that whichever phone is the last one registered is the one that does not ring.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 11:36 PM by blake.)
04-13-2017 11:33 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Lucia_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

RE: Ring Group omits one phone
HI Blake,

As we can know, the base support up to 4 simultaneous external calls.
So only four of them will ring. And the repeater is not treated somewhat like a phone.

Regagrds
04-14-2017 06:06 AM
blake Offline

RE: Ring Group omits one phone
The behavior doesn't change if I spread the phones among two base units. I now have three phones on base A and two phones on base B and the same situation occurs. the 5th phone in the ring group (the one at the bottom) will not ring.

got it!

I had the same 5 phones provisioned in the DECT screen for both base units, because if you have blank's the CFG file will show a 500 internal error (3cx). I replaced the ones that I would ideally like to have blank with dummy extensions I created and now they all 5 will ring at the same time.

In case anyone else is seeing this issue, here is the link to the issue on 3cx forum that caused me to provision the same 5 phones on different base stations.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/un...ost-188463

because it was extention #5 on base station #1 it wouldn't ring even though it was actually paired as phone #1 on base station # 2
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 07:30 PM by blake.)
04-17-2017 07:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Only One Phone ringing Half of the Time DerekM1992 0 4,887 11-02-2017 03:08 PM
Last Post: DerekM1992
  Remote Phone Book - I'm in multiple troubles Fx. 2 8,701 09-01-2017 08:03 PM
Last Post: Fx.
  2 Base Stations - 8 Phones - individual phones randomly do not ring on incoming calls lilarry 2 10,226 02-10-2017 04:34 PM
Last Post: lilarry