[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Multicast/Intercom
Philip954 Offline

Multicast/Intercom
Hi,

I have a set up of 10 T41P phones in our office that I am trying to have use the intercom or multicast feature. I have tried the intercom feature and it did not work, so now I am looking to try the multicast. I have followed the steps in the guide but when I go to use the multicast it says page failed on the phone. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
03-13-2017 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Lucia_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

RE: Multicast/Intercom
Can you kindly tell me how do you configure in the phone wui? When you press the intercom or paging key, can the intercom or paging target receive a call? They can not pick up the call automatically?

When you use intercom, please make sure the Feature->Intercom->Allow Intercom is enabled.

Can you kinfdly provide the level 6 syslog, config.bin and pace trace to us to do further analyze, about how to get the three files, please refer to the FAQ below:
http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=313
03-14-2017 06:59 AM
Philip954 Offline

I have configured the phones using the guide for multicast.

Multicast Section
Code:
multicast codec = PCMU
multicast page address.1.label = Intercom
multicast page address.1.ip_address = 10.0.0.2:5060
Multicast Page Channel = 26
Paging Barge = 1

Here's the DSSKey shortcut placed on the key #3.
Code:
linekey 3 type = Paging
linekey 3 line = N/A
linekey 3 value = 10.0.0.2:5060
linekey 3 label = Intercom
linekey 3 Extension = 26

For the receiving phones, they are configured to listen to the above page address. I have attached the requested files as well.

Attached File(s)
.tar  allconfig.tar (Size: 1.46 MB / Downloads: 0)
03-14-2017 01:31 PM
jolouis Offline

You have your addresing confused. It looks like you're trying to use the address of the SIP server for your multicast page. Instead, you need to use a proper multicast address.

Basically it has nothing to do with your server, it's the address that when you start a page the phone will send the audio packets to. In order for all phones on the network to hear it, you use a special multi-cast address which tells the network equipment (switches, etc) to forward that traffic to all devices who might be listening.

Go back to the Yealink documentation and follow the steps there for setting up multicast paging.
03-14-2017 03:25 PM
Philip954 Offline

(03-14-2017 03:25 PM)jolouis Wrote:  You have your addresing confused. It looks like you're trying to use the address of the SIP server for your multicast page. Instead, you need to use a proper multicast address.

Basically it has nothing to do with your server, it's the address that when you start a page the phone will send the audio packets to. In order for all phones on the network to hear it, you use a special multi-cast address which tells the network equipment (switches, etc) to forward that traffic to all devices who might be listening.

Go back to the Yealink documentation and follow the steps there for setting up multicast paging.

Hi Jolouis,

Thanks for your response. Yes I am using the IP that I got from the phone that I want to make pages. To clarify, I should make an IP multicast address (just pick some numbers to create one)? Apologies for the elementary question.

Hi,

I changed the IP as Jolouis suggested and the multicast system now works! Thank you for your assistance. I opened a case with Vonage 2 months ago and they have no idea what they are doing.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2017 03:53 PM by Philip954.)
03-14-2017 03:44 PM
Ryandh Offline

(03-14-2017 03:44 PM)Philip954 Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 03:25 PM)jolouis Wrote:  You have your addresing confused. It looks like you're trying to use the address of the SIP server for your multicast page. Instead, you need to use a proper multicast address.

Hi Jolouis,

Thanks for your response. Yes I am using the IP that I got from the phone that I want to make pages. To clarify, I should make an IP multicast address (just pick some numbers to create one)? Apologies for the elementary question.

Hi,

I changed the IP as Jolouis suggested and the multicast system now works! Thank you for your assistance. I opened a case with Vonage 2 months ago and they have no idea what they are doing.

I have Vonage as well and have struggled with this for a month now. How did you get the Multicast / Paging to work?
09-02-2017 09:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Multicast / Paging / Intercom - Yealink T58 Ryandh 20 62,103 04-30-2020 03:23 PM
Last Post: Chris708
  Multicast Paging - Metaswitch EPP missing "Channel" ahull 1 6,364 11-27-2018 12:57 PM
Last Post: ahull
  MultiCast Paging CP860 admin.calgary.demac 4 15,142 09-02-2018 04:34 AM
Last Post: Infotec
  Multicast options not in manual USTI 1 6,525 01-18-2018 10:22 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Multicast Paging force speaker jolouis 6 17,142 10-14-2016 10:15 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  Autoanswer internal or BLF/intercom combo Jeff 2 9,145 10-30-2014 01:20 AM
Last Post: Jeff
Information T28P Multicast Paging Volume fdtcloud 1 9,364 10-09-2014 08:14 PM
Last Post: Wilson_Yealink
  Multicast paging worked but no longer works plewis@bcradesign.com 3 13,819 08-13-2013 07:37 AM
Last Post: CWR
  Multicast paging t32 & t38 stash 1 12,117 01-22-2013 04:31 PM
Last Post: Yealink Support