[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind Transfer to Voicemail
Paulomc Offline

Blind Transfer to Voicemail
Greetings - as a Receptionist, I'd like to be able to blind transfer a call directly into another user's voice mail. This is a requirement when a call comes in and requests to talk to 'Bob'. I do a consultive transfer to Bob, but Bob says he doesn't want to take the call and to send the call to his voicemail. Bob then hangs up.... That's when I'd like to tell the caller that Bob isn't available and I'll transfer him to Bob's voicemail to leave a message....but I can't find that option. Does it exist or is this a new feature request? (this can be done in the S4B desktop PC client) Thanks!
03-08-2017 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Kontel_Support Offline

RE: Blind Transfer to Voicemail
I suppose that should be either done by that user (he could have a dedicated button for transferring calls to voicemail) or configured on your PBX as for example call forward executed when user rejects the call (CFB or CFNR).
I hope that helps!
03-08-2017 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Paulomc Offline

(03-08-2017 04:06 PM)Kontel Wrote:  I suppose that should be either done by that user (he could have a dedicated button for transferring calls to voicemail) or configured on your PBX as for example call forward executed when user rejects the call (CFB or CFNR).
I hope that helps!

Hi Kontel...thanks for the response. I should have mentioned, there isn't a PBX in this equation, only S4B in Office 365....totally cloud based. I've done some searching and haven't been able to find any advice on configuring such a key for this function....are you aware of any resource? Thanks!
03-08-2017 04:16 PM
Kontel_Support Offline

(03-08-2017 04:16 PM)Paulomc Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 04:06 PM)Kontel Wrote:  I suppose that should be either done by that user (he could have a dedicated button for transferring calls to voicemail) or configured on your PBX as for example call forward executed when user rejects the call (CFB or CFNR).
I hope that helps!

Hi Kontel...thanks for the response. I should have mentioned, there isn't a PBX in this equation, only S4B in Office 365....totally cloud based. I've done some searching and haven't been able to find any advice on configuring such a key for this function....are you aware of any resource? Thanks!

Yeah, my bad. I just noticed this topic is in SFB part of forum.
If you are using O365 then I have bad news for you. I'm currently testing trial account of O365 with Yealink phones and (at least for me) there are no working transfers. I've opened a ticket with Yealink guys, we will see what they say about this.
Also because of trial account limitations I can't tell you much about call management/PBX configuration in O365.

But I would like to point out two things:
1. T4x series phones have dedicated voicemail button.
2. If you look into phone web managemt > SFB status, there should be something like Voicemail URL, which phone gets from O365 server.
So I would say that at least there is a chance to get such functionality working. If not right now, then with future firmware update. That's at least what I hope for.
03-08-2017 04:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Kontel_Support Offline

I've also checked user manual for Yealink SFB firmware, and there is just something that you want, but I suppose it works only with on-premise version now.
Please look at page 125 of User Manual. It's about forwarding incoming calls to VM by user.
03-08-2017 05:50 PM
Klaus_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

Hello,

Yealink phone support EDK feature, it could meet this request, please see below info:

1.please upgrade to V81 firmware(xx.81.0.xx), because only V81 version support this feature.

2.please configure the below sentence to the phone via auto p way:

features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable = 1

then dsskey will show the "customer key" option.

3.configure the dsskey type as "customer key", and input the value=*4$P<Mail Box>&N$$Trefer$

Notice: as you can see the value code=*4, because I test with 3CX, so please contact your server provider to get the VM code, then modify it.

BR

Klaus
03-10-2017 10:09 AM
Paulomc Offline

(03-10-2017 10:09 AM)Klaus Wrote:  Hello,

Yealink phone support EDK feature, it could meet this request, please see below info:

1.please upgrade to V81 firmware(xx.81.0.xx), because only V81 version support this feature.

2.please configure the below sentence to the phone via auto p way:

features.enhanced_dss_keys.enable = 1

then dsskey will show the "customer key" option.

3.configure the dsskey type as "customer key", and input the value=*4$P<Mail Box>&N$$Trefer$

Notice: as you can see the value code=*4, because I test with 3CX, so please contact your server provider to get the VM code, then modify it.

BR

Klaus

Hi Klaus....
thanks for the response....please excuse if I'm way off here...but I'm using Skype for Business on this phone and I believe your advice only pertains to the standard configuration. would that be true? thanks!
03-14-2017 10:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  switch voicemail message on simple key matrib 0 9,821 06-14-2018 08:22 PM
Last Post: matrib
  Voicemail Pin with FW 35.8.0.11 Steve.baptista 2 9,559 06-23-2016 11:01 AM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink