[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
W52P - No network
Minerva Offline

W52P - No network
My W52P is not working, only the bottom LED is on. I tried to do a factory reset (held the connect button while turning the base on), all three LEDs were on, but after restarting the base I was back to square one. Only the bottom LED is on, and there's no network. Anyone got any tips how to solve this problem?
02-20-2017 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
complex1 Offline
3CX Adv. Cert. Engineer

RE: W52P - No network
(02-20-2017 11:03 AM)Minerva Wrote:  My W52P is not working, only the bottom LED is on. I tried to do a factory reset (held the connect button while turning the base on), all three LEDs were on, but after restarting the base I was back to square one. Only the bottom LED is on, and there's no network. Anyone got any tips how to solve this problem?

Hi,

If the “Network Status LED” on the base stays Off, even after a factory reset then I think the base have an internal hardware error.
I recommend to contact your supplier.

Kind regards,
Frank.

I am not an employee of Yealink.
Dutch is my native language, not English. Apologies for my imperfect grammar.
Please do not send unsolicited PM messages. I will not answer them.
02-21-2017 08:18 AM
mannebk Offline

Hi, yes, got exactly the same. Even the first replacement "factory new" base had the same problem.

Looks like YEALINK has a quality problem with the W52P Bases.

I got my first replacement from Allnet, but the did replace the replacement base with no big deal.

Got the new one today, and: pluged it in, worked. :-D

Cheers
Manne

-Yealink: 3x T48G and 4x W52 Base (one of em very dead) / 9x W52 Handset @ 4 locations via VPN (including cell network backup uplink and cellphon calls gateway for cellphone dail out free of charge)
-Proxmox Server in a server farm with the current freePBX as VM
03-10-2017 12:01 PM
Chris Barron Offline

Pasted from other ticket: All, the symptoms here are indicative of a problem we saw a few months ago, because the base station had PNP enabled.
auto_provision.pnp_enable = 0

With PNP enabled the base station registers ok at first but then periodically goes away to look for a pnp source.
Chris
03-14-2017 02:58 PM
RobertThompson Offline

(03-14-2017 02:58 PM)Chris Barron Wrote:  Pasted from other ticket: All, the symptoms here are indicative of a problem we saw a few months ago, because the base station had PNP enabled.
auto_provision.pnp_enable = 0

With PNP enabled the base station registers ok at first but then periodically goes away to look for a pnp source.
Chris

Hi Chris:

I have the same problem as the OP - power light only after reset.

How do I do: auto_provision.pnp_enable = 0 if I cannot access my base unit?

Thanks,

Rob.

Rob.

"Commit a random act of kindness" and make the world a better place!

http://www.xxxxxx.com
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 05:29 AM by RobertThompson.)
03-16-2017 05:27 AM
mannebk Offline

Rob,

no way you could change it AFTER the base droped dead. I even tried finding the base in the zero conf IP range by pinging ever singel ip inside the zero conf range 169.245.0.0/16, without sucess.

I also think that this behavior is only an indicator, and I think PNP is NOT the reason for a dead base, mabe only the reason that the base starts behaving funny before dieing.

So: IF PNP is set to active, AND something in the hardware of the base is at its failure point, the base behaves funny (droping and recovering the network and dect in a 10 seconds cycl).
If PNP is set to disabled, maybe the base just drops dead one day w/o funny behavior as an indicator. BUT I dont know.

IF PNP ACTIVE: Then do nothing, = the base finally will die. after that: no chance to access it in any way anymore.

IF PNP is then set to INactive = maybe the base works some time and then dies, or maybe PNP is causing the fault, I have no clue as I didint had the possibillity to try and check.

For a fact, I got a brand new replacement base who had this "feature" right out of the box. *start of joke* So maybe this was a already 200 Years old Base *end of bad joke* as Karl here told me the MTBF is 200 years for all Yealink phones. Well, I do belive many things, but I dont trust this statement.

Too many times did I experience that especially Chinese manufacturer presented me with an updated factsheet for a hardware part wihtin minutes or days, right after I told them that the specs on the original fact sheet didnt meet my requirements, but for truly checking there would be a minimum requirement of time of several weeks for tests and analysis. And too many times did I got hardware from China that told me on its lable what it could do and then not even met 50% of that on a test bench.

I dont know of any equipment that has 200 Years MTBF! Not even satelite equipment for space use. So from my experience I divide facts from China by 4 and hope to be near the truth. But in this case I guess Karl maybe wanted to say 200 Days or Hours *lol* The Days would fit my first base, the hours the second one.

But I also have to say that I have severals Phones that are almost 2 years old and are working fine.

Back on topic:

It had nothing to do with firmware, we did an upgrade on an "infected" base, and the Problem (the indicator in form of funny behavior like dropping its link every 10 seconds or so) vanished only for a few days, as did a reboot from the UI. A reboot by pulling the cord didnt do it! So I had a ping runing in CMD.exe and only klicked the webinterface while the ping got through, while it timed out I didnt touch the webinterface.

That tells us, that only the link died, not even the session id of the admin session in the web interface.

Thats how I got to my conclusions.

At least for Germany, Im not sure for EU and rest of world: Since this is a common known failur for the w52p base now, the German warranty law extends the warranty period for this ond only for this failure from 24 to 60 monthes.

Sometimes Im not so happy beeing a German, but with such cases, I truly am. :-D

Rob,

maybe this helps you out, since I dont have a dead base any more, I cant test it.

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12850

Cheers
Manne

-Yealink: 3x T48G and 4x W52 Base (one of em very dead) / 9x W52 Handset @ 4 locations via VPN (including cell network backup uplink and cellphon calls gateway for cellphone dail out free of charge)
-Proxmox Server in a server farm with the current freePBX as VM
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2017 08:33 AM by mannebk.)
03-17-2017 08:12 AM
Brady Offline

Thumbs Down RE: W52P - No network
I have 2 W52P base units that have died now, one will not get a DHCP lease at all and I cannot even get it to download a config over TFTP.
The 2nd runs for about 24 hours after a restart before it crashes (loses connection to the network and the handsets).
Both were running the latest firmware.

Pretty disappointed considering the price of these, both failed outside the warranty period.
05-16-2017 06:57 AM
Lucia_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

(02-20-2017 11:03 AM)Minerva Wrote:  My W52P is not working, only the bottom LED is on. I tried to do a factory reset (held the connect button while turning the base on), all three LEDs were on, but after restarting the base I was back to square one. Only the bottom LED is on, and there's no network. Anyone got any tips how to solve this problem?

Please refer to the steps below to reset the base:
1. connect the network cable to the base
2. long press the paging key on the base and not stop until step3 is finished
3. connect the power to base , waiting for the three lights on the base light up one by one , during the whole process, please keep pressing the paging key !
4. after the three lights all light up, release the paging key and reconnect the power supply

After that, if the base still fail to get the network, it should be a hardware issue, please contact your distributor to do RMA.
05-16-2017 12:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W52P not working after change of broadband supplier Jasibansel 1 514 01-22-2024 07:15 PM
Last Post: complex1
Sad W52P not picking up IP Burkni 4 4,164 09-19-2023 06:22 PM
Last Post: Burkni
  W56H with W52P Base dmvcomms 7 7,407 03-06-2023 04:39 PM
Last Post: poznaniak
  W73H handset with W52P problem reboot Paco Brufal 2 2,805 03-03-2023 01:21 AM
Last Post: nolto
  W52P Repeater RT10/rt20/RT30 schnell-yealink 3 8,653 04-20-2022 10:17 PM
  W52P Firmware upgrade aunijaffer@gmail.com 5 12,342 09-07-2021 11:42 PM
  W52P 2 handsets DAZZLING 1 6,949 06-01-2021 09:55 PM
  W52P Openvpn with mikrotik info@quantiss.com 4 17,336 04-11-2021 06:25 AM
Last Post: Harms_Kubiak
  Is there no call history in web management panel in W52P? poznaniak 1 7,654 08-10-2020 12:49 PM
  W52P factory reset without password ralph 1 9,550 04-02-2020 03:05 AM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL