[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trigger event and Lock down a phone (probably T19P)
Chris M Offline

Trigger event and Lock down a phone (probably T19P)
We’re looking at putting some Yealink phones into a Motel (just for their office phones) shortly. At present (on the old PABX) they have a phone on the wall outside the office so that if a customer picks that phone up it automatically calls the other extensions (thus if the office is unattended or after hours it will call their cordless phones and they can come to Reception). We would need to replace this phone also and obviously could just put in the most basic phone (say a SIP-T19P) to be mounted on the wall.

Is it possible for us to retain the same functionality – i.e. it would need to:
a) trigger an event (to call the other extensions) when someone picks up the hand piece.
b) we would need to lock down the phone so people can’t do anything else with it (i.e. don’t want them to be able to call any other numbers and don’t want them to be able to access the setup).

Any assistance greatly appreciated, thanks
01-30-2017 06:50 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
jolouis Offline

RE: Trigger event and Lock down a phone (probably T19P)
Not sure about locking it down completely, but for A) you can configure off-hook auto-dial so that anytime you pickup the handset the phone will automatically call the programmed number, which sounds like what you need.
01-31-2017 08:05 PM
Chris M Offline

Thanks for the reply. I looked up the 'Off Hook Hot Line Dialing' feature in the Administrator Guide (which I think is what you're referring to). However as far as I can understand that will allow us only to program a single number whereas we need to program it to call several extensions. So I don't think that is going to work for us unfortunately.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2017 11:15 PM by Chris M.)
01-31-2017 11:15 PM
jolouis Offline

The way this is usually implemented is to setup a Ring Group on the PBX side of things. Then you have the off-hook auto dial just dial the Ring group extension, and the PBX automatically rings all the associated phones. Not sure what phone system you're using so the terminology might be slightly different but concept is always the same.
02-01-2017 02:43 PM
Chris M Offline

Thanks. The response is appreciated. It's a hosted PBX - can definitely setup a ring group so that should work fine.

Now, does anyone know if there is any way to lock the phone down so all it can do is call that ring group and nothing else?...
02-02-2017 03:21 AM
jolouis Offline

This is by no means an official solution but off the record since it's only a T19 I'd just open the thing up and slip a piece of paper between the rubber pressure pads for the buttons and the copper contacts on the circuit board. That would be the low-tech answer to guarantee nobody would be able to do anything except off-hook auto dial. Sure voids the warranty, but it's quick, simple and effective (and hey it's only a T19 so it's not like it's worth a fortune).

Officially I'm not aware of any "keylock" or protection lock in firmware that would do what you're after, but maybe Yealink has an answer...
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 08:04 PM by jolouis.)
02-02-2017 08:02 PM
Chris M Offline

Thanks jolouis,
I appreciate the comments. Sometimes low tech is the best way to go! We might consider that.
If anyone else has any ideas I am all ears as well.
cheers.
02-02-2017 11:01 PM
Chris M Offline

FYI, I had a reply back from Yealink (via my distributor) and they say that once the Hotline feature is configured this will lock it down as well. Not sure as I haven't tried it yet, but if so that will be handy. Otherwise I'll go the low-tech way.
02-06-2017 06:42 AM
jolouis Offline

I was curious so just gave this a shot on one of the spare phones in my office here and no, certainly does not lock it down (at least not the way I would trust). If you pickup the handset the phone will dial out straight away, but that does not prevent you from say dialing a different number then picking up the handset, or accessing any of the other buttons/features on the phone. Now I was not running the latest firmware on the phone I used for testing so YMMV...
02-06-2017 06:04 PM
Chris M Offline

Hi jolouis,
Thanks for giving it a go and for letting me know. I'm not at all surprised actually. I felt sure that if this locked the phone down the administrator guide would state that, not to mention that many people would not want it to lock the phone down. Anyway, if I can't find another way to do it I'll have to run with your other suggestion!! thanks
02-06-2017 11:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yealink VOIP phone losing connection every few minutes robertpowell 1 116 03-27-2024 04:34 PM
Last Post: SRIIVF
  Yealink phone with hearing aids Jamie22RR 1 497 03-18-2024 01:49 AM
Last Post: complex1
  High-pitched noise coming from T19P E2 pmarks 0 410 01-27-2024 06:13 AM
Last Post: pmarks
  Yealink IP phone lesliefrench 0 436 01-25-2024 12:37 PM
Last Post: lesliefrench
  Remote Phonebook - Numbers Display Format On Phone Medryn 19 67,860 11-24-2023 02:28 AM
Last Post: shulem@theteklink.com
  IP Phone Login Error "ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE" nolto 2 1,839 10-06-2023 04:34 PM
Last Post: nolto
  Multicast Stops Working until Phone Rebooted Blake1 10 11,174 09-21-2023 05:47 PM
Last Post: axiompm
  Is there a way to get the incoming caller phone number with an Action URI? troy44 1 1,188 09-04-2023 01:46 PM
Last Post: Regend_Yealink
  On MP50s responding to some phone trees ends the call TRK45 1 1,454 05-18-2023 04:46 PM
  Import xml contacts to Yealink Phone upon provisioning via TFTP vusald 1 2,381 02-18-2023 06:30 PM