[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LEDs on base for W56P
ricardo Offline

LEDs on base for W56P
I have a newly installed W56P DECT base and 1 W56H handset, in a very simple office application (still, I'm very pleased with the way that *80 intercom reception works!) - so far I have on nagging concern - in a period of 24 hours, the 3 LEDs on the base station go dark - gives the immediate impression that the system is down - it's not - everything works normally -- then, making or taking a few calls or Intercoms, the LEDs light again - I cannot see a pattern it's not the first call or call-event that brings them to light.
I have set the ECO modes (2 of them) to OFF/disabled - I thought that would have to be it, but no, still happening - any idea why this would happen and how to remedy?
01-28-2017 03:12 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Peter_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: LEDs on base for W56P
Hello Ricardo,

After checking internal, we have not got the similar feedback, generally the 3 LEDS should keep bright status all the time.
You mentioned the LEDs go dark, do you mean the LEDs die out at all or get dim but still can see the light? We suggest to hard reset base station then check again. If issue still persists, please help export the config.bin and syslog(should at level 6) to us, we will investigate this issue.
How to hard reset the base?
1. Disconnect the power adapter.
2. Long press the paging key and reconnect the power adapter.
When the power indicator LED, network status LED and registration LED illuminate in sequence, means the base station finishes reset, then disconnect power adapter and reconncet it again.
System PIN and all individual settings will be reset to factory defaults. Handset registrations will also be cleared after base station reset.

Thanks you.
Best Regards,
Peter
02-06-2017 08:11 AM
ricardo Offline

(02-06-2017 08:11 AM)Peter Wrote:  Hello Ricardo,

After checking internal, we have not got the similar feedback, generally the 3 LEDS should keep bright status all the time.
You mentioned the LEDs go dark, do you mean the LEDs die out at all or get dim but still can see the light? We suggest to hard reset base station then check again. If issue still persists, please help export the config.bin and syslog(should at level 6) to us, we will investigate this issue.
When the power indicator LED, network status LED and registration LED illuminate in sequence, means the base station finishes reset, then disconnect power adapter and reconncet it again.
System PIN and all individual settings will be reset to factory defaults. Handset registrations will also be cleared after base station reset.

Thanks you.
Best Regards,
Peter

Thanks Peter - the LEDs go out - not just dim - off -

I will do the resetting, but not until the weekend - I have to be sure that I have the configs (binary and xml?) offloaded correctly and that I know how to restore the settings after a hard reset
02-06-2017 03:31 PM
ricardo Offline

(02-06-2017 03:31 PM)ricardo Wrote:  

Thanks you.
Best Regards,
Peter

I will do the resetting, but not until the weekend - I have to be sure that I have the configs (binary and xml?) offloaded correctly and that I know how to restore the settings after a hard reset

Peter, thanks - the factory reset seems to have solved this LED problem - I did get crossed up in the process with the Base PIN settings when I restored the binary configuration file to the Base, but eventually got it worked out - not even sure how I got it worked out, as the factory-reset and then the restored-config on that Base would not accept 0000 nor the PIN that I had changed it to - I eventually had to rekey the configuration and then the handset registered to the new PIN (not 0000) - tricky - I don't have time to reproduce that one!

thanks again

-rl
02-12-2017 04:58 PM
ricardo Offline

(02-12-2017 04:58 PM)ricardo Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 03:31 PM)ricardo Wrote:  

Thanks you.
Best Regards,
Peter

Peter, thanks - the factory reset seems to have solved this LED problem - I did get crossed up in the process with the Base PIN settings when I restored the binary configuration file to the Base, but eventually got it worked out - not even sure how I got it worked out, as the factory-reset and then the restored-config on that Base would not accept 0000 nor the PIN that I had changed it to - I eventually had to rekey the configuration and then the handset registered to the new PIN (not 0000) - tricky - I don't have time to reproduce that one!

thanks again

-rl

PROBLEM RETURNED -- Even though those LEDs stayed on for 9 days without going off, today, they're reported as OFF again, even as the DECT handset is working normally - Now I will have to return the defective unit, extend or reinstate the RMA from the vendor (the RMA that I canceled believing that this was a solved issue) - and program and install a replacement. what a pain - a very nasty cosmetic problem!
02-22-2017 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Peter_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hello Ricardo,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please check whether this issue be fixed in a replaced unit. Shall any new question, we are pleased to provide any assistance.

Thank you.

Best Regards.
02-28-2017 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W90DM SIP Gateway - W56P did not receive config after prov with code. Hexanet 0 1,302 03-31-2023 03:51 PM
Last Post: Hexanet
  W56H handset with W52 base? poznaniak 3 5,089 03-03-2023 04:35 AM
Last Post: complex1
  W56P answering randomly DavidDDD 4 11,541 06-15-2022 12:33 PM
Last Post: expositor
  Firmware for W56H and W52PW56P base Rajil 1 5,754 09-04-2021 04:06 AM
  Multiple W56H's with One Base Station +FreePBX alankelly 2 8,669 05-04-2021 12:55 PM
Last Post: mlaihkw60b
  W56H handset on a Gigaset DECT base station working? Frank@Meeet 2 11,797 09-09-2020 05:56 PM
Last Post: trushing@askonecall.com
  Base inaccessible and dead eroubal2@comcast.net 2 9,673 06-24-2019 03:56 AM
Last Post: eroubal2@comcast.net
  no dialtone or ringtone for w56p base and phones Marcbachman 3 12,785 06-19-2019 11:43 AM
  How to read base data ? oliv 1 7,141 12-20-2018 08:07 AM
  W56P Dial Now rules ipcsolutions 5 17,276 04-05-2018 06:44 AM
Last Post: Nology_Support