[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feature Request
mannebk Offline

Feature Request
Hi Folks,

it would be realy nice, if you restor a .bin file to a T48G either have the password for the SIP accounts also restored, or make the field blank.

I did search for the reason, why my second phone after restoring the .bin file did not connect, for hours, because everything looked great, the **** for the pass where there, but no connection. WTF??

Then I retyped every field, and got a connection. So i fooled around a bit, well the passfild is filled up with ****, but actually its empty.

So hers a heads up, if you restore your phone config via the webinterface and the .bin file, all the passwords from all acounts are gone, but if you look into the web gui they look like they are still there.

Cheers
Manne

EDIT

Also, in a .bin restore, the background picture is not restored. The next thing was, that it also took the IP settings. so i just copied my first phone, but then i got 2 phones with the same IP on the same network, guess what. :-) mayby a "do you want to also have the Networksettings recoverd?" question would be in order?

Or a function, to just have the 99% of basic configurations transfert to an other phone?

Also, if you need a guy for translating some of the texts for the T48G into the right German, gimme a call, willya? For "Settings" is no German word, and there are lots of other places where a understandable translastion would be nice to have. a crappie translation hase me rather use English, but im a German, so i would like to use German, not always have to think about it.

Cheers
Manne
EDIT END

Cheers
Manne

-Yealink: 3x T48G and 4x W52 Base (one of em very dead) / 9x W52 Handset @ 4 locations via VPN (including cell network backup uplink and cellphon calls gateway for cellphone dail out free of charge)
-Proxmox Server in a server farm with the current freePBX as VM
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 02:24 AM by mannebk.)
04-24-2015 02:17 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Flora_Yealink Offline

RE: Feature Request
Hi Manne,
Please check my answers below and let me know if any question .
1. " If you restore the config.bin file won't store the password ",yes, we won't store the password in the config.bin to avoid security issue and as you known, all the passwords need to be encrypted so all show "******" even it is blank because some customer may use blank as the password.
2. " The config.bin file won't store the backgroud picture" , yes, sorry , the config.bin file won't store the upload wallpaper, the config.bin file only store the default factory setting options .
3 . " After upload the config.bin file , the new phones will have the same Ip address as the previous one " would you please check whether you have set the static IP address for the phone ?
if the phone are with DHCP and the network connection is normal , it won't use the same IP address
we have tested it in our side, it can work well.
4. For the translation issue, I will check with my colleague.
Best Regards!

Flora
FAE (Field Application Engineer) Department
Yealink Network Technology Co., Ltd.
04-27-2015 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T43U using L2TP VPN feature kaausc 0 801 06-22-2023 02:58 AM
Last Post: kaausc
  Does T4XU supports DD Phone Feature? kevinschlemmer 0 1,315 12-06-2022 10:48 PM
Last Post: kevinschlemmer
  Feature Request T46G - Return to page 1 imfloridaguy 4 11,833 08-30-2021 12:34 AM
Last Post: eric@hudsonvalleygeek.com
  Feature request - X header, disable missed call DarrenWilliams 0 3,594 10-14-2020 02:52 PM
Last Post: DarrenWilliams
  custom ringtone with new BLF feature Chris Barron 0 4,476 11-07-2018 01:59 PM
Last Post: Chris Barron
Lightbulb [Feature Request] T4XS series - add USB headsets support RomanCC 0 3,851 10-29-2017 11:19 PM
Last Post: RomanCC
  Yealink T48G - Feature Button - French Traduction Operations 3 9,782 03-30-2017 03:03 PM
Last Post: MMi
  T48G - send no busy code w/o enabling the Call Waiting feature sani390 2 6,924 03-24-2017 01:18 PM
Last Post: complex1
  Action URI request for DND dave@rocketdaddy.com 2 6,606 06-23-2016 09:03 PM
Last Post: dave@rocketdaddy.com
Lightbulb T48G, Feature Request ITAlex 2 6,021 01-26-2016 05:08 AM
Last Post: ITAlex