[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Network light won't even come on
JuniorJr Offline

Network light won't even come on
So, we have 10 of these. Hooked up 5 and that went fine. Hooked up the next 5, and the devices won't even light up their network LED. They're not even requesting an IP. My switch sees "life" but these devices just sit there. No ACK for IP. Tried to reset one of them. No change.
I would expect that the network light would at least start blinking while it sends a request for an IP.
Yes, it's 5 devices doing this, but I changed network cables anyway, changed network ports, used ports that work for the other 'working' devices, tried other devices in the switch to verify they get an IP from our DHCP, that works fine.
Any other ideas?
I've also brought one of these not working devices home to see if it would at least attempt to get an IP from my home network - it didn't even bother to request there either.
I've even removed one of the working devices, waited about 15 min, and tried one of the not working devices in case there was some kind of crazy limit of 5 of these on the same network. This is crazy.
04-12-2015 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
James_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Network light won't even come on
Hi Junior,

How do you reset it? Please follow the two steps:

1. Disconnect the power adapter.
2. Long press the paging key and reconnect the power adapter.When base station finishes reset, the power indicator LED, network status LED and registration LED illuminate in sequence. System PIN and all individual settings are reset to factory defaults. Handset registrations will also be cleared after base station reset.

So from a trace, you see a DHCP request from phone but it doesn't reply a ACK packet?

Regards,
James
04-14-2015 01:42 PM
JuniorJr Offline

Hi.
Yes, from reading these forums, that is how I reset them.
Same results.
I mis-spoke, there was no ack. There's not even a request for IP. 5 of them just sit there w/o a networking light blinking. Just the one light is lit up.
04-16-2015 03:55 AM
James_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi Junior,

Where do you buy these W52P?
What's the SN number of these W52P?

If you register a handset to the base and configure a static ip address can it work? What if you do a base reset by handset? The two option can be accessed by OK-> Settings-> System Setting.

And can you send us a pcap trace recording phone boot up process?

Regards,
James
04-16-2015 09:44 AM
JuniorJr Offline

Hi.
Just wanted to confirm, we did have them all replaced and the replacement ones are indeed working as expected. Expecting that all 5 would be 'bricked' devices was last resort, but that's how they were acting. Good to go now.
Thx.
04-18-2015 03:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W52P - No network Minerva 7 19,670 05-16-2017 12:09 PM
Last Post: Lucia_Yealink
  W52P drops network mannebk 20 52,535 03-17-2017 07:55 AM
Last Post: mannebk
  Cannot update Base & Handset light won't go on ed@att 4 12,949 11-12-2015 05:18 AM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink
  The network status LED doesn't light terin 3 11,870 04-22-2015 03:38 PM
Last Post: Flora_Yealink
  Network -> Advanced confirm button is not active winux 2 8,132 05-17-2014 09:50 AM
Last Post: Yealink Support
  Network call logs dnarain 3 11,529 08-21-2013 10:43 AM
Last Post: Yealink Support