[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Get Serial Number Program
HelpMe Offline

Information Get Serial Number Program
Hello.
In my company there yealink sip-t20p and me need to get the serial number programmatically. I dont see SN in Web interface, but i see reference it in html code page 1.
Mb we can give me way to document file?
<script>document.write(Serial_Number)</script>
Please give me information about this.
P.S. Sorry for the low level of knowledge of the English language Angel
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015 02:34 PM by HelpMe.)
03-20-2015 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
James_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Get Serial Number Program
Hi,

The SN number is printed under the back of phone. Please check.
It's a 16 digit number.

Regards,
James
03-20-2015 02:33 PM
HelpMe Offline

(03-20-2015 02:33 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  Hi,

The SN number is printed under the back of phone. Please check.
It's a 16 digit number.

Regards,
James

You did not understand me . I know that SN located on the back of the machine. I have 40 of these phones and I need to write a program to check the phone SN included in our domain and write it to a text SN Fail ( Fail will eventually contain 40 SN phone my company )
03-20-2015 02:37 PM
starion Offline

Unless someone else knows something I don't, my answer would be no. I have searched the available files on the phones and have not found any evidence of a serial number. Which kind of sucks. As we deployed a lot of phones in the beginning of our business that we neglected to record the serial numbers. So now our only recourse to obtain the serial numbers off of those phones is an onsite visit. Which is not feasible.
03-26-2019 05:23 AM
jolouis Offline

(03-26-2019 05:23 AM)starion Wrote:  So now our only recourse to obtain the serial numbers off of those phones is an onsite visit. Which is not feasible.

What do you actually need the serial numbers for? Typically MAC address is more than sufficient for identifying devices (in fact many distributors rely only on MAC address to identify sold devices, and surely Yealink can cross reference MAC to Serial number if absolutely necessary for support purposes).
03-27-2019 01:09 PM
starion Offline

Our distributor requires it for RMA purposes.
03-27-2019 04:28 PM
jolouis Offline

(03-27-2019 04:28 PM)starion Wrote:  Our distributor requires it for RMA purposes.

OK are you RMA'ing from the customer directly back to your distributor?

Typically when we RMA, we have customer send device back to us so we can check locally first and make sure it's not something silly (i.e user says phone doesn't work, but it could be power supply or POE problem that they aren't technical enough to try and resolve themselves). At that point you have physical access to the phone to check the serial number. Our local distributor requires us to this troubleshooting before they will even talk about approving an RMA; I would be surprised if others do not have at least some sort of similar policy or else people would be RMA'ing "user damaged" phones all the time...

Anyway, not sure what your volume of RMAs are, but I would still expect if you had to do RMA directly would it not be a simple matter of asking customer who is reporting the defective phone to tell you what is printed on the sticker on the back? Otherwise how can you trust that they are even sending the right device back to the distributor?...

YMMV, but this seems like far more of a business flow problem that is easily solved by human interaction than a technical issue.
03-27-2019 10:02 PM
starion Offline

Each distributor has different requirements. Ours our pretty cut and dried. YMMV. In my opinion, I would be perfectly happy to only provide MAC's. But that begs the question, if that's all that is important, why does Yealink even bother to generate and print serial numbers? What is the actual point?
03-28-2019 01:19 AM
Chris708 Offline

(03-28-2019 01:19 AM)starion Wrote:  Each distributor has different requirements. Ours our pretty cut and dried. YMMV. In my opinion, I would be perfectly happy to only provide MAC's. But that begs the question, if that's all that is important, why does Yealink even bother to generate and print serial numbers? What is the actual point?

That is a good question. Polycom phones that I come across, use the mac address as the serial #.

Not sure what Yealink's reasoning is. However, I have heard that some manufacturers of network devices have duplicated mac addresses for devices when they are going to different countries. In those cases, a serial # would be more useful.
04-02-2019 04:32 PM
jolouis Offline

(04-02-2019 04:32 PM)Chris708 Wrote:  Not sure what Yealink's reasoning is. However, I have heard that some manufacturers of network devices have duplicated mac addresses for devices when they are going to different countries. In those cases, a serial # would be more useful.

Well since Yealink uses a single RPS for all of their products globally I doubt they would be duplicating MAC addresses as it would cause all kinds of failures/random issues.

I suspect it's more likely a historical or internal thing. IE when they first started making devices whoever setup the production flow was used to dealing with different types of products, so they put arbitrary serial numbers in place not realizing MACs would be unique enough to serve the purpose.

Really I do not expect to ever get a clear answer on this. At the end of the day if starion's distributor requires both MAC and serial number then that's all there is to it; I know the two major distributors in our region only need the MAC (and treat the MAC as the unique product identifier since it appears on bulk shipping boxes, etc) so I expect starion's distributor is using serials more out of their own desire/preference rather than Yealink's demand for them to do so.

The key point that remains is I strongly believe the serial numbers are not even electronically stored anywhere on the phones, so I doubt there will ever be a way to programmatically access them. Perhaps an official Yealink rep can chime in on that.
04-03-2019 01:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  get serial number aka machine id sles 0 790 11-16-2023 01:25 PM
Last Post: sles
  W73H delete number oddjob 0 653 10-06-2023 04:47 PM
Last Post: oddjob
  set number key as speed dial key not working timotel 0 1,228 09-20-2023 06:51 AM
Last Post: timotel
  Is there a way to get the incoming caller phone number with an Action URI? troy44 1 1,187 09-04-2023 01:46 PM
Last Post: Regend_Yealink
Information Backlit number pad Andre Miller 2 2,548 09-24-2022 11:47 PM
Last Post: Andre Miller
  Call History adds a "1" to extension number VAspeed3 2 6,088 02-26-2021 12:25 AM
Last Post: VAspeed3
  T46s/T48s - Serial Number @Webinterface Bernhard77 2 6,521 01-29-2021 04:10 PM
Last Post: Bernhard77
  Slow response when user presses buttons means phone number enters incorrectly chris.stewart 1 6,953 09-26-2019 06:58 AM
Last Post: Jacqueline250
  Call History shows extension not external number mcurrie 4 12,136 02-14-2019 11:04 AM
Last Post: complex1
  T46S Connect call and show incoming number MartinNybrogrus 1 6,123 01-28-2019 03:42 PM
Last Post: jolouis