[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Call waiting if on internal call
CarpeDiemTim Offline

Call waiting if on internal call
I've run into a situation where call waiting only works on a T26P if you're on a call with an external line first, but not if you're on an internal call first.

In other words, if our receptionist is on a call with an outside line, call waiting works as expected. But if she's on a call to an internal extension, call waiting doesn't work, and instead, the callers just go straight to voicemail.

Any advice on why this may be?

After some research on the forum, I see that a much-requested feature is to have the phone actually ring on the second call instead of the call-waiting beep, so maybe if/when that eventually comes through, it will resolve the issue, but in the meantime, hopefully someone else has come across this and found a workaround.

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated Big Grin

Cheers,
Tim G.
03-10-2015 01:59 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink_Peter Offline
Super Moderator

RE: Call waiting if on internal call
(03-10-2015 01:59 AM)CarpeDiemTim Wrote:  I've run into a situation where call waiting only works on a T26P if you're on a call with an external line first, but not if you're on an internal call first.

In other words, if our receptionist is on a call with an outside line, call waiting works as expected. But if she's on a call to an internal extension, call waiting doesn't work, and instead, the callers just go straight to voicemail.

Any advice on why this may be?

After some research on the forum, I see that a much-requested feature is to have the phone actually ring on the second call instead of the call-waiting beep, so maybe if/when that eventually comes through, it will resolve the issue, but in the meantime, hopefully someone else has come across this and found a workaround.

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated Big Grin

Cheers,
Tim G.
Hello Tim,

Thanks for your suggestion that replace the call waiting tone with ring tone, we will do this change on V80 or V81.
For the call waiting issue on internal call, it should be the PBX server side setting issue, please contact with your server administrator for help.

Thanks.
Regards,
Peter
03-10-2015 05:12 PM
CarpeDiemTim Offline

(03-10-2015 05:12 PM)Yealink_Peter Wrote:  Hello Tim,

Thanks for your suggestion that replace the call waiting tone with ring tone, we will do this change on V80 or V81.
For the call waiting issue on internal call, it should be the PBX server side setting issue, please contact with your server administrator for help.

Thanks.
Regards,
Peter

Thanks for that, Peter. I'll check with 3CX Support, and see what they have to say. And if we come up with a resolution, I'll post it here in case anyone else comes across this post in the future.
03-10-2015 09:04 PM
CarpeDiemTim Offline

3CX Support advised that since the 'I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time - uses Phone Status' option is checked on the (3CX) PBX admin console, that the issue is related to the phone's configuration.

Any thoughts on what I should be looking at next?
03-11-2015 04:07 AM
Yealink_Peter Offline
Super Moderator

(03-11-2015 04:07 AM)CarpeDiemTim Wrote:  3CX Support advised that since the 'I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time - uses Phone Status' option is checked on the (3CX) PBX admin console, that the issue is related to the phone's configuration.

Hi Tim,

Do you receive/place the outside and internal calls on the same extension?
Is there any other phone connected with the 3CX has the same problem?
Could you please provide PCAP traces each for "call waiting works" situation and "call waiting can't work" situation, syslog at level 6, and config.bin file to us? so we can know the detailed information.
[FAQ] How to Get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace

Thanks.
Regards,
Peter
03-11-2015 05:58 PM
staciejones Offline

(03-11-2015 05:58 PM)Yealink_Peter Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 04:07 AM)CarpeDiemTim Wrote:  3CX Support advised that since the 'I want to be able to accept more than 1 call at the same time - uses Phone Status' option is checked on the (3CX) PBX admin console, that the issue is related to the phone's configuration.

Hi Tim,

Do you receive/place the outside and internal calls on the same extension?
Is there any other phone connected with the 3CX has the same problem?
Could you please provide PCAP traces each for "call waiting works" situation and "call waiting can't work" situation, syslog at level 6, and config.bin file to us? so we can know the detailed information.
[FAQ] How to Get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace

Thanks.
Regards,
Peter

i have this same issue, i can't not find anyone that knows the answer. it seems like it would be something someone has figured out by now and would highly be needed if you work alone and need to answer the phone after placing the 1st caller on hold
05-12-2016 04:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call forwarding with SIP devices Yealink and Cisco Call Manager CUCM joao.schlemm 8 24,867 12-27-2023 06:49 PM
Last Post: nolto
  T28P foward call doesn´t work with 2.73.0.50 Tato 4 11,556 09-14-2020 03:49 PM
Last Post: complex1
  How to change voice when busy, waiting and other.. T20P marin 0 4,154 04-11-2019 12:53 PM
Last Post: marin
Photo Yealink T21P E2 displays VIA and FROM headers on incoming call DmitryTsyganov 1 7,034 07-12-2018 07:28 PM
Last Post: johnkiniston
  T21P-E2 sends a CANCEL to put a call in hold Diego Juan 0 4,896 03-23-2018 02:52 PM
Last Post: Diego Juan
  Call Queue not working with the Grandstream UCM6202 ttran 8 22,118 03-04-2018 06:42 PM
Last Post: Adnanka
  T29G DSSKey functionality alternative number call AresK 4 12,215 12-13-2017 06:56 AM
Last Post: Evan_Yealink
  When I call outside, there's no call waiting tone highlander 3 10,258 11-15-2017 04:04 PM
Last Post: highlander
  Call Forward on T21P E2 not working gradash 8 22,518 05-23-2017 09:44 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  Call Queue not working with the Grandstream UCM6202 ttran 0 5,195 05-04-2017 05:48 PM
Last Post: ttran