[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Speed Dial behaviour and the the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter
RobertS Offline

Speed Dial behaviour and the the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter
Hello,

I am curious to get other people's thoughts on the Speed Dial keys and whether they should globally affected by the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter. When one presses a Speed Dial key, you would expect that it only dials the number that is configured on the speed dial. However, I have observed, that this behaviour is affected by what value you set for the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter. If the parameter is not defined or set to be attended or blind, the following scenario occurs:

Assume: linekey.2 is defined as a speed dial ala:

linekey.2.line = 1
linekey.2.value = 15555551212
linekey.2.type = 13
linekey.2.label = John Q Public
linekey.2.extension =
linekey.2.xml_phonebook =

1. Call Account 1 on a Yealink T4x
2. Answer the call
3. Press the hold softkey
4. Press the linekey.2's configured speed dial contact.

The call is transferred either blind or attended depending on what the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter is set to. This is contrary to what a speed dial is, or how I would think most people interpret the function to be. I.E. the call that was previously on hold is transfer somehow as opposed to staying on hold while the speed dial contact is called.

The real question is why the key is doing a transfer when its purpose is to not transfer callers in the first place? Does anyone have a suggestion as to a work around for getting speed dials to work as a Speed Dial Key that actually speed dials while leaving the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter set to attended or blind?

Thanks,

Robert

P.S - I tried this on the latest firmware rev for a T48 and it was the same symptoms.
01-27-2015 03:52 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
mercutioviz Offline

RE: Speed Dial behaviour and the the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter
Just my $0.02, but I would love to see this behavior be customizable. For example, I can understand why someone might want the current behavior, i.e. a quick and dirty transfer. However, I can understand why some would find it odd that you must press "new call" after pressing "hold" before pressing the speed dial key.

I guess it all comes down to whether the user is more likely to want the key to be a transfer key or a pure speed dial key with no implied transfer. Perhaps the middle ground would be to let the user choose their behavior based upon whether or not they pressed Hold or Transfer. If you press Transfer then speed dial key then obviously the user would want a transfer. If you press Hold then speed dial key then you would want a "new call" instead of a transfer.

That's just my opinion, but it seems to make sense for Hold to mean hold and Transfer to mean transfer...

-MC
01-27-2015 04:02 AM
James_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Speed Dial behaviour and the the transfer.dsskey_deal_type parameter
Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestion.
Wo do have the plan to add custome softkey/DSSKey feature(probably called EDK). Users can define a function of a softkey/dsskey with this feature.
Please wait for it.

Regards,
James
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2015 05:10 PM by James_Yealink.)
01-27-2015 05:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dial replace Scottie 0 891 06-11-2023 06:33 PM
Last Post: Scottie
  Dial Plan on W70B feedgenic 0 1,435 10-03-2022 04:58 PM
Last Post: feedgenic
  Disable or override transfer soft button rbohac 1 2,602 07-11-2022 10:26 PM
Last Post: rbohac
  Dial pause or delay jsubirana 0 3,127 12-01-2021 05:38 PM
Last Post: jsubirana
  Dial plan - How to include # at end of dial string cmadeiros@tecs.bm 5 11,252 12-11-2019 03:20 PM
Last Post: complex1
  speed dial to an IP address (ext@IP on value) EduardoV 3 8,386 11-07-2019 07:43 PM
Last Post: EduardoV
  ESS: refer to prompted value in speed dialing oliv 2 6,489 08-19-2019 01:01 PM
Last Post: oliv
  DND Dial 2 Codes at once Blake1 0 4,256 05-29-2018 02:25 PM
Last Post: Blake1
  T27G no longer option to transfer call during ringing state DmitryTsyganov 1 7,628 04-16-2018 11:16 AM
Last Post: Travis_Yealink
  Yealink Dial Plan RobertCrawford 8 23,031 03-09-2018 06:38 AM
Last Post: Johnny88