[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attempted call park to busy line leaves call in transfer mode
tsukraw Offline

Attempted call park to busy line leaves call in transfer mode
Yealink/Users
Hoping there is something we can do for this.
What i got is a customer that has at time a very high call volume at times. Those calls being placed on shared parks and then an announcement being made over the PA that you have a call on XYZ park.

What is happening is when 2 people press Park1 at the same time one of them gets it and the other will get a transfer failed.

It issue is the users are answering,parking, paging so fast they are not paying attention. So the user who does not get the park will see a "Trnasfer Failed" on there phone. But not noticing the transfer failed they will hit the DSS Key for the paging which ends up transferring the call to paging and the end resolute is a customer is connected to the overhead paging. They are having this happen multiple times a day.

To me it would appear that on the yealink phone if you try parking a call on a busy line the park indeed does fail but the initiated transfer is still active. Is there any way to have that initiated transfer fail along with the attempted park so that they wouldn't be running into this issue of accidentally transferring customers to the paging system?

What i have is a 3CX phone system on v12sp6.1
Yealink T46 phones. Currently running beta version 73beta2 but have tested on V72/V71 which have the same results.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014 01:30 PM by tsukraw.)
10-24-2014 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
engine411 Offline

RE: Attempted call park to busy line leaves call in transfer mode
(10-24-2014 01:24 PM)tsukraw Wrote:  Yealink/Users
Hoping there is something we can do for this.
What i got is a customer that has at time a very high call volume at times. Those calls being placed on shared parks and then an announcement being made over the PA that you have a call on XYZ park.

What is happening is when 2 people press Park1 at the same time one of them gets it and the other will get a transfer failed.

It issue is the users are answering,parking, paging so fast they are not paying attention. So the user who does not get the park will see a "Trnasfer Failed" on there phone. But not noticing the transfer failed they will hit the DSS Key for the paging which ends up transferring the call to paging and the end resolute is a customer is connected to the overhead paging. They are having this happen multiple times a day.

To me it would appear that on the yealink phone if you try parking a call on a busy line the park indeed does fail but the initiated transfer is still active. Is there any way to have that initiated transfer fail along with the attempted park so that they wouldn't be running into this issue of accidentally transferring customers to the paging system?

What i have is a 3CX phone system on v12sp6.1
Yealink T46 phones. Currently running beta version 73beta2 but have tested on V72/V71 which have the same results.

Not sure I can help with the Yealink side, but we have paging with 3CX too and had a lot of pain initially, with the same craziness you mention of inbound call connected to paging. We made some changes and it works good now.
If you describe your paging setup and how it's configured in 3CX, maybe I can offer some pointers.
10-24-2014 07:24 PM
tsukraw Offline

What we have is a snom PA1 unit programmed with a single extension
Then on the phones we have a DSS key programmed as speed dial to the snoms extension.
Fairly simply configuration we have right now
10-24-2014 09:49 PM
engine411 Offline

Yeah, that's identical to how we do it, except we are using a Linksys gateway to the paging unit instead of your Snom. Sorry, can't help more with your original question.

Off topic, but I would be interested in seeing your Snom config. I have the PA1 too but wasn't able to get it configured properly.
10-24-2014 11:19 PM
tsukraw Offline

Yealink support do you have any input on this?
10-27-2014 12:05 AM
tsukraw Offline

888VOIP support figured it out. under Features/Transfer/Transfer Mode Via Dsskey.
By default it was set to Blind Transfer. Which as it sounds means when you are on a call and press a DSS key it blind transfers the call to that.

We changed the value to New Call. So when the user does not park there call and mistakenly presses the paging they get a new call to it instead of transferring the customer there.
10-28-2014 11:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call Waiting Beep glennbtn 0 434 12-18-2023 05:22 PM
Last Post: glennbtn
  Remove transfer dialog on T46S bsnipes 0 514 12-05-2023 04:44 AM
Last Post: bsnipes
  t46u , call waiting, ring sles 1 819 11-30-2023 05:29 AM
Last Post: msachs
  T48U BLF Park Call not working timotel 0 807 09-20-2023 07:20 AM
Last Post: timotel
  T48G Connected handset not answering or ending call with connected handset. Pettis 4 2,322 07-27-2023 05:38 AM
Last Post: Lissvazquez
  T48U BLF show line status for selected users integral 2 1,722 07-17-2023 12:51 AM
Last Post: integral
  T43U T42S Call Park BLF robm 0 979 05-19-2023 12:16 AM
Last Post: robm
  Directed or group pickup call history softnetvoip 1 1,689 03-08-2023 10:53 PM
Last Post: softnetvoip
  Missed Call Does Not Appear in History bcmike 1 2,092 02-01-2023 05:07 AM
Last Post: complex1
  T46G call completed elsewhere zimbocz 3 10,012 10-28-2022 03:28 AM
Last Post: tredd1982