[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dial Plan to select outgoing account/provider
boardshorst Offline

Dial Plan to select outgoing account/provider
Replacing a Minitar mva11A with W52P with two W52Hs.

I read the W52P supported "dial plans" and up to five accounts/providers.

Did not realize that the "dial plans" do not allow you to route an outgoing call to an specified account/provider based on the dialed prefix like Minitar, Gigaset and others.

We use this to send landline calls to one provider, cell calls to another provider, international calls to another, and service calls to a different provider based on call rates and/or whether they offer access to those service numbers or sometimes a destination (eg one provider recently stopped supporting calls to Isle of Man??)

I attach a sample screen shot from a Minitar that shows all calls commencing with 13 or 1800 routed to provider 3 as the other providers time these calls at a rate or do not support them. 13 is an untimed local call and 1800 is a free call in the PSTN network - provider 3 offers these rates.

Making the user select the account to use is both an extra user intervention and prone to error, with sometimes the call not being placed. This is not the ideal end user experience for the day to day users who do not understand the differences between the various providers offerings/limitations.

I cannot deploy W52Ps for my clients until this is addressed.

Using latest software 25.73.0.20 (Base) and 26.73.0.10 (Handsets) and could not find a way to replicate this functionality.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

W52P - Base 25.81.0.10 2xHandsets 26.81.0.30 3xVOIP Accounts
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014 09:15 PM by boardshorst.)
09-22-2014 09:02 PM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
James_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Dial Plan to select outgoing account/provider
Hi,

Thanks for your suggeston.
The routing dial plan is not supported in Yealink W52P currently. But as you say, customers can choose a line to dial out in Yealink W52P.
It's more like a user habbit?

So in your scenairo, customers direlcty dial out a call but through directory? If they dial from direcoty how the dial plan is used?

Regards,
James
09-23-2014 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
boardshorst Offline

Hi James,

This is a lot more than just user habit. Each user needs to understand the benefits of each plan and also, why, if they choose the wrong plan the call will fail.

It makes the calling process way more complicated than it is at present, where they can pick up the handset, dial a number and the ATA does the rest.

We intend to use remote phone books (not directory) but I am puzzled about your last question. The remote phone book will place the number to the input buffer (as though keyed) and I would assume the dial plans would be applied when we press the "Off-hook Key".

Many calls will just be manually dialed as the contact may not be in remote phone book.

Regards,

Frank

09-23-2014 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user    like2    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
steveedwards Offline

This is exactly the same problem i found after i opted for W52P. I had previously posted a request for a dial plan to automatically select the correct line but from what i was told this wasn't possible.

Very frustrating.
09-26-2014 12:09 AM
boardshorst Offline

Yes. It is a pity that they seem not to want to understand how dial plan routing is useful and used.

It is possible as most of their competitors already have built this into their dial plans years ago.

I looked at the specs saw dial plans and 5 accounts/providers supported. I wrongly assumed that what appeared to be one of the emerging manufacturers, would have what is a very basic and standard function.

It is bit like the colored flower logo on the handsets in the advertising - you need to read every word of the user manual to discover that if may be in the picture/specs but not in the firmware supplied.

I did research the W52P on forums, including this one, but did not find anything to indicate it was not supported which is why I posted this here in the hope that others find out before they purchase or Yealink listen to the feedback and update the firmware to match the competitions offering.

I have had to supply a Gigaset alternative to the client I originally purchased the W52P for.

Not frustrated - just a bad taste in my mouth - caveat emptor.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 08:42 AM by boardshorst.)
09-30-2014 07:49 AM
ozimarco Offline

I find it hard to believe that Yealink does not have proper dial plans that can choose an account based on the number dialled, e.g. national numbers automatically go to Account 1, mobile numbers go to Account 2, etc. Having used a PAP2, OBI202 in the past and currently still using a Gigaset IP phone, I assumed all VoIP phone systems had dial plans that can automatically select accounts. My family members have absolutely no idea of which account to select to dial specific numbers so, in this case, a proper dial plan is necessary.

Is it really so difficult for Yealink engineers to incorporate this feature in the firmware?

Yealink SIP-T22P connected to Asus DSL-AC68U
Yealink SIP-T48G connected to Asus RT-AX88U
08-07-2018 02:04 PM
sprocketoctopus Offline

I just have also been misinformed.

I too thought my Yealink W70B/W73H dialplan would allow me to pick an outgoing provider/account.

But I have just learned - no.

Again, my old Gigaset did this very well.

Could you please add this in future Feature requests? I would think it should not be that hard!

Thanks - great IP phone otherwise.

~S.O
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2022 01:36 PM by sprocketoctopus.)
04-08-2022 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  W52P won't make outgoing calls Little Assynt 7 34,079 02-05-2018 07:07 AM
Last Post: Evan_Yealink
  W52P single SIP account, concurrent conversations? LookWhosTalking 1 6,728 07-06-2017 04:45 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  W52P - One Way Audio With Outgoing Calls JayFar 3 12,359 06-15-2017 01:37 AM
Last Post: Kevin_Yealink
  How do you delete a SIP account in admin RobertThompson 2 10,134 11-06-2016 01:55 AM
Last Post: CWR
  New handset cannot dial out KNERD 2 8,960 11-01-2016 07:54 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Multiple handsets one account simultaneously talking with each other kronos911gr 0 6,048 07-31-2016 10:33 PM
Last Post: kronos911gr
  Registration loss on account on W52P sabrina@firmtel.com 3 12,261 02-05-2016 05:41 AM
Last Post: mkeuter
  VPBX transfer fails (sends bye to sip provider) vddc 0 4,648 09-01-2015 03:56 PM
Last Post: vddc
  W52P outgoing calls Indus 3 12,984 08-21-2015 08:57 PM
Last Post: Indus
  grab a dial tone when pressing green handset button? asinshesq 0 5,379 03-14-2015 04:38 AM
Last Post: asinshesq