[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BLF to mintor multple extensions
vipconsult Offline

BLF to mintor multple extensions
I have just deployed 7 x T21P and trying to set them so that the BLF monitors more than one extension.

The option in Phone features has a Group call pickup and BLF , but no field to enter the extensions to monitor.

Can you please give me some pointer if this can be done in the phones or need to set something in the PBX ? (it is asterisk)
09-03-2016 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Lucia_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

RE: BLF to mintor multple extensions
(09-03-2016 03:54 PM)vipconsult Wrote:  I have just deployed 7 x T21P and trying to set them so that the BLF monitors more than one extension.

The option in Phone features has a Group call pickup and BLF , but no field to enter the extensions to monitor.

Can you please give me some pointer if this can be done in the phones or need to set something in the PBX ? (it is asterisk)

Hi Sir,

From your description, you want to monitor more than one extension.

BLF is used to monitor a specific user for status changes on IP phones. When the IP phone is configured to monitor a specific user, it sends a SUBSCRIBE message to the server. A NOTIFY message which includes XML in the message body is sent to the IP phone to inform the current state of monitored user. Once status of the monitored user is changed from idle to busy or vice versa, the IP phone is notified from the server with a NOTIFY message.

1. Since the T21 only have two line key, if you want to monitor two extensions, then you can configure the BLF feature like below. Please go to the Web UI of the phone, go to DSSKey->Line Key, choose the feature you want to use in the Type, and then fill in the extensions you want to monitor in the Value, click Confirm to save the configure.

2. If you want to monitor more than two extensions, than it should be supported by the server. For example, you can configure an extension list in the server side, and named it as 1234, then you can input the list name(1234) in the Value, and then the phone can subscribe to value 1234, and receive notifications of the status of 1234 .
Once one of the extensions has changed the status, the server should send the NOTIFY message to inform the phone that the status of 1234 is changed then the phone will change the status accordingly.

For more information, please refer to the User guide in the link below:
Yealink_SIP-T21P & SIP-T21_User_Guide_V72_1.pdf

Any question, please let me know.

Best Regards
--------------------------------------
Lucia Lu

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-06-2016 03:01 PM
vipconsult Offline

Thanks the BLF works now , but there is another problem when we press the BLF key (line 3 currently) it dials the pick up code + the extension number and what I need is just the pick up code

cc450 is a group extension set to ring when any of the extension from 101 to 107 rings so we BLF the group extension and want to pick a call from any of these extension 101-107 using the group pick up code *8# but the phone dials *8#cc450 instead of just *8#

Can we set this on the phone or the asterisk dialplan/configs needs to be changed?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2016 07:49 PM by vipconsult.)
09-07-2016 07:48 PM
Lucia_Yealink Offline
Super Moderator

Dear Sir,

About your issue, we can set the configure you want currently.
Can you kindly to tell me what is the phone model and firmware version of your phone? And also, how many phones you have in total? With the information, we can feedback your issue to our R&D and check if we can modify the firmware for you.

Thank you for your information in advanced.
09-08-2016 08:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yealink W60 multiple handsets and extensions avayax 1 8,193 02-03-2020 07:05 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  Vonage BLF - How to Pick Up Ringing Extensions? kmaheu 2 7,087 04-22-2019 03:52 PM
Last Post: kmaheu
  Sip extensions.. Gilb 5 13,356 06-23-2016 08:23 PM
Last Post: jmoore