[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Display Caller Picture on internal calls via LDAP
dawgness Offline

Display Caller Picture on internal calls via LDAP
I have the LDAP directory working and have it displaying the name on incoming internal calls. I know I can get a picture to display if I set it up on the phone's directory. However, is there a way to have a picture to appear based on the LDAP directory? I know how to associate the picture in LDAP to the user, but getting it to display on the phone has become quite a challenge. Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks!
08-01-2014 02:15 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
cptjack Offline

RE: Display Caller Picture on internal calls via LDAP
I don't think you can directly show pictures from LDAP. I have a script on our server that prepares and saves the Contact.tar and ContactData.xml files from a database. The files get loaded during provisioning of the phones. That way, the local addressbook and photos get updated/uploaded to all the phones.

The script is something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
php phonebook.php > ContactData.xml
cd photo
tar -cf ../photo.tar *.jpg
cd ..
tar -cf Contact.tar photo.tar ContactData.xml

Then add these 2 lines to the common.cfg file
Code:
local_contact.data.url = http://voipserver/voip/yealink/phonebook/ContactData.xml
local_contact.data_photo_tar.url = http://voipserver/voip/yealink/phonebook/Contact.tar

This workaround replaces the local addressbook, so be carefull if users have created their own entries.

Please use the reputation button below if you like this post.
08-01-2014 03:28 AM
dawgness Offline

The pictures don't have to come directly from LDAP. Since our internal calls get the display name info from LDAP, and LDAP is the best directory implementation for our setup, I would really like to keep the LDAP lookup. There is a stock picture next to the name display on most of our phones that use LDAP, surely there is a way to get a real picture there without having to push the pictures out to every phone. Could we edit a config file to load a picture based on a filename/extension match from a web server or something?
08-01-2014 06:12 AM
cptjack Offline

For the moment, the only way I see to get a non-stock picture to display is to put the contact in the local addressbook. There has been another thread that requests the option for LDAP attribute lookup, or external lookup to get a photo to display on the screen.

You can combine the LDAP name lookup with local addressbook for photos. I'm just pointing out our setup to get the photo's to display of our known contacts. Agreed it is not an ideal setup and a bit of a hassle, but ultimately it does work.

If more people request a server photo lookup feature, this might get Yealinks attention.

08-01-2014 03:03 PM
cassianodenis@gmail.com Offline

You could try send a picture with a SIP Invite callid head via PBX.
09-30-2014 01:01 AM
cptjack Offline

Hi thanks for the tip! I have googled a bit, and so far I could only find this format, but it seems to be for Snom phones only. Is this also supported by Yealink Phones? Because that would be awesome!

Code:
The SIP INVITE should contain the following SIP Header:
Call-Info: <http://192.168.1.2:8080/images/extensions1.bmp>;purpose=icon
or
Call-Info: icon="http://192.168.10.14:80/snom/photo/DirectoryEntry1.png"

09-30-2014 03:35 AM
scubes Offline

(08-01-2014 03:28 AM)cptjack Wrote:  The script is something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
php phonebook.php > ContactData.xml
cd photo
tar -cf ../photo.tar *.jpg
cd ..
tar -cf Contact.tar photo.tar ContactData.xml

cptjack, do you have this phonebook.php script still? If so, is this something you're comfortable sharing?
03-07-2019 01:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T48S One Way Audio When Calls Are Put On Hold Or Transferred MJauja 1 281 03-09-2024 08:48 PM
Last Post: complex1
  Hiding Inbound Caller ID from External Numbers Jack-Greenhous 1 694 12-14-2023 02:49 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Display 0 for line pickup SupportA 0 1,101 07-12-2023 08:51 PM
Last Post: SupportA
  Picking up a call does not display Caller's Name oliv 0 1,296 04-19-2023 04:25 PM
Last Post: oliv
  number of initial caller of a tranferred cal in history Lichtmacher 0 1,133 12-05-2022 10:35 PM
Last Post: Lichtmacher
  Yealink T19 can not automatically hangup inbound calls giaopc94 0 1,631 08-01-2022 09:28 AM
Last Post: giaopc94
  Missed calls list... caller id.. outbound route pattern savi 0 1,850 06-05-2022 03:09 PM
Last Post: savi
  Passing only LDAP traffic through OPENVPN Commensus 0 1,982 02-23-2022 09:47 PM
Last Post: Commensus
  LDAP "problem" softnetvoip 1 4,108 09-30-2021 05:07 PM
Last Post: softnetvoip
  Limit maximum of active calls per phone elastalink 5 15,037 09-09-2021 03:52 AM
Last Post: kapetrosyan