[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multicast Paging force speaker
jolouis Offline

Multicast Paging force speaker
Hello,

We have a customer who has recently added a bluetooth headset to their T29G. What they are finding now is that when they get a multicast page, the page comes out over their headset instead of the speaker on the phone. Is there a configuration option to force paging to go through the phone instead of the headset? I am aware they can turn the headset off by pressing the headset button on the phone, but then they cannot answer incoming calls from the headset.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Rob
08-17-2016 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Multicast Paging force speaker
(08-17-2016 08:53 PM)jolouis Wrote:  Hello,

We have a customer who has recently added a bluetooth headset to their T29G. What they are finding now is that when they get a multicast page, the page comes out over their headset instead of the speaker on the phone. Is there a configuration option to force paging to go through the phone instead of the headset? I am aware they can turn the headset off by pressing the headset button on the phone, but then they cannot answer incoming calls from the headset.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Rob

Dear Rob

This is Kevin from Yealink support team, nice to know you.

For this issue, i will check with R&D.

Also. can you tell me how many phones do you have in your side?

Due to the national holiday is upcoming, our office will be temporarily out of duty from Oct 1st to Oct 7th.

BR
Kevin
10-01-2016 01:17 AM
jolouis Offline

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response! This is currently affecting two phones, though the customer has 48 Yealink sets on site right now.

Look forward to hearing what R&D has to say on the subject.

Thanks!
-Rob
10-03-2016 11:43 PM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(10-03-2016 11:43 PM)jolouis Wrote:  Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the response! This is currently affecting two phones, though the customer has 48 Yealink sets on site right now.

Look forward to hearing what R&D has to say on the subject.

Thanks!
-Rob

Hi Rob

I check with P&D and R&D, and they said that we don't support this feature. As you use the headset, why you need the paging out from the speaker? can you tell me more information about the sutiation and our P&D will do a evaluation.
such as:
1.why you need to received a paging call?
2.why you need to use headset when received any imcoming call? call center in your side?

BR
Kevin
10-13-2016 03:42 PM
jolouis Offline

Hi Kevin,

At this location the receptionist is the one using the headset. She is very busy doing more than just answering the phone, so keeps the headset on at all times and uses it to answer calls. The area that she sits in is isolated from the main office and they do not have overhead paging in this area either.

I have set page priority on her phone to 0 so that pages do not interrupt her calls. The problem is when she is not on the phone when a page comes in it goes straight to her headset which is very distracting since she has no notice of it (it auto answers so no ring etc just a voice suddenly talking in her ear). She would like to be able to have all pages forced to go through the speaker on the phone so that she can still hear them, but not have it on her headset.

This does not seem like an unreasonable request. The old Nortel phone system that they used to have did this by default, and it seems strange to me that Yealink would not at least have a configurable option to force multicast pages to play on speaker only.

(Even better would be if multicast pages over speaker could happen without interrupting the current phone call, but that might be too much to ask for).

If you need any more details please let me know but I'm surprised this option does not exist already as it seems very easy to do and useful.

Thanks!

-Rob
10-13-2016 09:58 PM
Kevin_Yealink Offline
Administrator

(10-13-2016 09:58 PM)jolouis Wrote:  Hi Kevin,

At this location the receptionist is the one using the headset. She is very busy doing more than just answering the phone, so keeps the headset on at all times and uses it to answer calls. The area that she sits in is isolated from the main office and they do not have overhead paging in this area either.

I have set page priority on her phone to 0 so that pages do not interrupt her calls. The problem is when she is not on the phone when a page comes in it goes straight to her headset which is very distracting since she has no notice of it (it auto answers so no ring etc just a voice suddenly talking in her ear). She would like to be able to have all pages forced to go through the speaker on the phone so that she can still hear them, but not have it on her headset.

This does not seem like an unreasonable request. The old Nortel phone system that they used to have did this by default, and it seems strange to me that Yealink would not at least have a configurable option to force multicast pages to play on speaker only.

(Even better would be if multicast pages over speaker could happen without interrupting the current phone call, but that might be too much to ask for).

If you need any more details please let me know but I'm surprised this option does not exist already as it seems very easy to do and useful.

Thanks!

-Rob
Hi Rob

Thanks for your information. For the paging call,if you set the priority, then the new paging call will not interupt the current call.

For the sutiation, if we have a new paging call, then it will beep and then auto answer. SO I think it would be useful to alert receptionist that there is a paging call in. if the receptionist is busy doing other thing, and the paging call in, there is still not ringtone, I think the receptionist may miss the paging call.

Or if the receptionist can change the mode to the handset mode, and if there is a new phone, it also can answer the call by the headset. But she should change the mode to handset mode again after the call.

because if you use the headset, so the headset is more convenience for customer to answer the paging call from the headset, the paging call also will beep to remind the customers.

So how about my suggestion work for you. I hope you can consider for it. For your new suggestion, i also will submit it to P&D to do more evaluation.

Have a good day.
BR
Kevin
10-14-2016 06:41 PM
jolouis Offline

Hi Kevin,

Currently we have the paging priority set low so that it does not interrupt calls.

Right now she has resorted to doing what you suggested, turning the headset mode on and off constantly so that she is only using the headset when actually talking. (i.e. phone is in handset mode, starts ringing, she reaches over and presses headset mode then presses button on her headset to answer the call. When done she hangs up call from the headset then presses the headset mode button to put phone back to normal). It functions but is a lot of work for her to constantly be turning headset mode on and off, and very much defeats the point of being able to answer calls from her wireless headset since she has to be in front of the phone all the time!

The only other way to get the functionality needed would be to give her a stand alone headset that gets wired through the handset port and has one of those old "lifter" things. That would be very ugly and archaic though, so trying to avoid that situation.

Thanks!

-Rob
10-14-2016 10:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2-way paging with no indication on phone nolto 1 1,745 05-11-2023 11:20 PM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL
  Multicast / Paging / Intercom - Yealink T58 Ryandh 20 62,034 04-30-2020 03:23 PM
Last Post: Chris708
  Multicast Paging - Metaswitch EPP missing "Channel" ahull 1 6,362 11-27-2018 12:57 PM
Last Post: ahull
  MultiCast Paging CP860 admin.calgary.demac 4 15,134 09-02-2018 04:34 AM
Last Post: Infotec
  Multicast options not in manual USTI 1 6,522 01-18-2018 10:22 AM
Last Post: complex1
  Multicast/Intercom Philip954 5 14,789 09-02-2017 09:01 PM
Last Post: Ryandh
Question speaker on auto answer Sergey_9_ 8 18,526 07-07-2017 08:01 AM
Last Post: Lucia_Yealink
Information T28P Multicast Paging Volume fdtcloud 1 9,361 10-09-2014 08:14 PM
Last Post: Wilson_Yealink
  Muticast paging issues RyanW 5 20,496 02-25-2014 09:38 PM
Last Post: RyanW
  User Must Hit Answer and When Calls End they go to Speaker jaywa73 1 8,464 12-04-2013 03:46 PM
Last Post: Yealink Support