[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto answer for certain extensions
blistovmhz Offline

Auto answer for certain extensions
I've got 100 T46G's just installed, and discovered that they don't have the option to auto-answer calls based on caller/ext.

All of my customers use a web interface to manage their calls, so when they want to pick up a parked call, they just click the call they want to pickup, and the PBX sends the call to their phone and the phone answers automatically as the callerID is their own extension.

Would love to have the ability to program auto-answer per extension, or use auto-answer headers like other SIP phones.
EG: My EXT is 220. If incoming call is from 220, auto answer, because it's the PBX sending me a call I requested through the webui.

note: every phone I've ever worked with, has this feature. It is absolutely necessary in a high volume environment, as most functions are managed through the PBX instead of the phone.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 11:29 AM by blistovmhz.)
06-25-2014 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

RE: Auto answer for certain extensions
Currently our phones can set auto-answer calls based on line. Our suggestion is that you can choose one line to auto-answer all calls.
May I know which model phones support this feature?
And I will collect more similar requirements and if many users need it, I will submit it to our product department.

Best Regards
thanks
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2014 03:32 PM by Yealink Support.)
06-25-2014 03:30 PM
blistovmhz Offline

(06-25-2014 03:30 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Currently our phones can set auto-answer calls based on line. Our suggestion is that you can choose one line to auto-answer all calls.
May I know which model phones support this feature?
And I will collect more similar requirements and if many users need it, I will submit it to our product department.

Best Regards
thanks

Every Polycom, Snom, and Cisco phone I've used has had this feature.

I did consider setting up another line for auto answer, but the logistics are still a little confusing and I'm trying to work out a way to make it work.
06-26-2014 12:14 AM
Nicole_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi ,

1.Yealink phone can support to enabled auto answer per account registered on one phone .If you set account 1 to enabled auto answer ,it means that all incoming calls to account1 will be auto answer .

2.And if you want to make phone to auto answer for different incoming call .Just need to contains "call info:answer-after=0" in INVITE message which server sent to phone .After phone receive the INVITE with "call info:answer-after=0" ,phone will auto answer .

Best Regerds ,
Nicole
08-28-2014 11:21 AM
tsukraw Offline

I second this request that it would be nice to have a way to specify say which numbers could trigger auto answer.

In our case we were replacing a Toshiba phone system with 3CX and T46.
With there Toshiba system they had it set so that if any local extension called another extension it auto answered. but if it was a outside call it would ring like a normal call.

Our solution "Though did not make the customer happy" was they would press a Prefix button (*9 for 3cx) to trigger a intercom and then dial the extension.

It added a extra button they would have to press which they did not like but it worked.

If the Yealink had a way to say a list or range of numbers if a call comes from that to auto answer it would be nice.
10-13-2014 11:50 AM
jolouis Offline

(10-13-2014 11:50 AM)tsukraw Wrote:  Our solution "Though did not make the customer happy" was they would press a Prefix button (*9 for 3cx) to trigger a intercom and then dial the extension.

I haven't dealt with 3CX, but surely this is something that makes more sense to handle at a PBX/dialplan level rather than on the phone side of things. You have the right idea with the intercom prefix, but I'm wondering if in the 3CX dialplan/routing there was a way to just match all local numbers and automatically make them intercom if that was your desired result.

For example in Asterisk doing that would simply be a case of adding a line or two of code to the internal extension dialplan.

Or, as suggested, just use two lines on the phone, and have the internal calls direct to the "auto-answer" extension rather than the "normal" extension. Outbound dialing isn't affected, and you could probably make the two extensions masquarade as the same number so that any CDR stats you're using wouldn't be affected...

Just my two cents anyway
12-02-2014 12:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Set Auto Provisioning URL via SIP Notify Asanka 1 9,484 01-27-2016 02:39 PM
Last Post: Karl_Yealink
  Include auto provisioning parameter names in web interface source rebuke 1 7,050 08-25-2014 05:18 PM
Last Post: admin
  Exporting auto-provisioning files from a configured phone julesa 9 28,534 04-09-2014 03:23 PM
Last Post: Yealink Support
  Default answer using speakerphone benhyman 3 13,383 08-07-2013 04:55 PM
Last Post: Yealink Support
Bug T20P Automatic Answer joaosilvasts 2 16,599 12-22-2012 12:10 PM
Last Post: Flora_Yealink