[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
best Jitter and Echo values
Gieri Offline

best Jitter and Echo values
Hello,

we use 6 Yealink VP530 and we have allways a silent echo during the phone call which is extremely annoying.

May somebody knows a proper Jitter oder Echo value which work in Germany for this Yealink Type?

All current values are default. Our Privider line is 10 times more than we need and we have no fluctuations.

Thank you for any hint.

Best regards

Markus
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 11:08 PM by Gieri.)
12-27-2012 11:07 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

RE: best Jitter and Echo values
(12-27-2012 11:07 PM)gieri Wrote:  Hello,

we use 6 Yealink VP530 and we have allways a silent echo during the phone call which is extremely annoying.

May somebody knows a proper Jitter oder Echo value which work in Germany for this Yealink Type?

All current values are default. Our Privider line is 10 times more than we need and we have no fluctuations.

Thank you for any hint.

Best regards

Markus

Hi Markus,
Could you please let us know more information about your question ?What do you mean of "slient echo" , do you mean during talking, you can hear the echo ?
and what is your meaning about "Jitter oder Echo value"?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Yealink Support Team
12-28-2012 11:24 AM
Gieri Offline

Hello Support-Team,

sorry for my bad english ;-)

When I get a phone call and I talk, I hear my self silent in the background approx 0,5 sec. delayed. This is what I mean with "Echo effect".

I searched in google and found that this effect most happend when the buffer value of Jitter or Echo is not set proper.

Jitter seems to be a buffer which should suppress this effect.

The phone call quality is like in the early first days when VoIP comes up when everybody has a 56k modem. I can remember there was this echo effect too.

We use a 50Mbit Down- and 4 Mbit Upstream line which is only used for 6 VoIP Phones. In worst case 4 people make phone calls at the same time. So it could´nt be a bandwith problem in my eyes.

I can´t find a parameter in the webinterface of the VP530 which I could change to test if can get rid of the echo effect.

Also when I get a phone call, the first syllable of the call did´nt reach me. I think this is the same problem like the echo effect.
The transfer or buffer time is not correct and so some bits of the phone call are get lost.

I assume that this mainly happend with phone calls from VoIP to traditional ISDN Phones.

Hope this helsp a bit.

Best regards.
Markus
12-28-2012 04:21 PM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

Hi Markus,
Thanks for your information .
So do you mean the scenario is like below ,
Yealink VP530 calls phone B, phone B answers the call, then you say "hello...", after 0.5 seconds you will hear the words you just said "hello..."again, right ?
Phone B calls VP530 ,Phone B says "Hello, this ..." then you only can hear the "this ..."but can't hear "Hello" , right ?
If the above scenarios is correct, could you please check if the firmware you use is the latest firmware , if not, please upgrade the firmware to the latest firmware 23.70.0.40 and test again?
You can download the firmware from Yealink web site, http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfi...0&flag=142

If the lastest firmware still has this issue, could you please send the PCAP trace for investigating?
You can send the email to support@yealink.com

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
12-29-2012 05:24 PM
Gieri Offline

Hello Support

(12-29-2012 05:24 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  .. please upgrade the firmware to the latest firmware 23.70.0.40 and test again?

If the lastest firmware still has this issue, could you please send the PCAP trace for investigating?

I update the VP539 to latest 0.40 Firmware, but we have still this silent echo on the line. Somtimes I understand the caller very good but he hears my voice very bad.

Is there noch Option in the VP530 (ping times etc.) which I could try to do some tests?

Best regards
Markus
01-09-2013 07:36 PM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

(01-09-2013 07:36 PM)gieri Wrote:  Hello Support

(12-29-2012 05:24 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  .. please upgrade the firmware to the latest firmware 23.70.0.40 and test again?

I update the VP539 to latest 0.40 Firmware, but we have still this silent echo on the line. Somtimes I understand the caller very good but he hears my voice very bad.

Is there noch Option in the VP530 (ping times etc.) which I could try to do some tests?

Best regards
Markus

Thank you Markus, so the scenario is like ,
Yealink VP530 calls phone B, phone B answers the call, then you say says "Hello, this ..." B can't hear the first words ,only can hear "this ..." while you can hear him clearly , right ?
Sorry, there is not option such that ping times in the VP530, could you please let me know which phone B use , also Vp530 or telephone?

If phone B is aslo the Vp530, please update it to the latest V70 as well and test again , and then send the PCAP trace to us.

Thank you,
Yealink Support Team
01-10-2013 03:08 PM
Gieri Offline

Hello support,

yes its just as you described. The first word is cutted but the rest comes clearly in good quality.

Phone B is everytime not a VP530 or even a SIP Phone. This happends on mobile calls or classic ISDN calls.

Everage Pintim to our SIP provider is 29ms.

I will update to V70 on my phone to make further tests.

btw. how can I generate a PCAP?

Regards.
Markus
01-10-2013 06:08 PM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

(01-10-2013 06:08 PM)gieri Wrote:  Hello support,

yes its just as you described. The first word is cutted but the rest comes clearly in good quality.

Phone B is everytime not a VP530 or even a SIP Phone. This happends on mobile calls or classic ISDN calls.

Everage Pintim to our SIP provider is 29ms.

I will update to V70 on my phone to make further tests.

btw. how can I generate a PCAP?

Regards.
Markus

Thanks Markus,
For how to catch the PCAP trace, please refer to the "Q: If I want to contact Yealink technical support team to report some issues, which information should I sent to them, so they can locate this issue?" in the Yealink FAQ which you can download from below link,
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/F...361166.pdf

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
01-10-2013 07:52 PM
Gieri Offline

Hello Support

[/quote]
Thanks Markus,
For how to catch the PCAP trace, please refer to the "Q: If I want to contact Yealink technical support team to report some issues, which information should I sent to them, so they can locate this issue?" in the Yealink FAQ which you can download from below link,
[/quote]

Link brings
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Just tried the latest Firmware, the echo respectively the cutted syllable at the beginning is still exist.

Our Internet Provider sends us a technican and he double checked all hardware and also measured all signals. He said everthing is fine on the line.

Cause we have this phenomenon only with the VP530 it must be a value inside the phon configs.

We have also a Gigaset PRO N720 VoIP System running. With this phones we have´nt such problems.

Best regards.
Markus
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 01:20 AM by Gieri.)
01-12-2013 01:18 AM
Yealink Support Offline
Administrator

(01-12-2013 01:18 AM)gieri Wrote:  Hello Support
Thanks Markus,
[/quote]

Link brings
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Just tried the latest Firmware, the echo respectively the cutted syllable at the beginning is still exist.

Our Internet Provider sends us a technican and he double checked all hardware and also measured all signals. He said everthing is fine on the line.

Cause we have this phenomenon only with the VP530 it must be a value inside the phon configs.

We have also a Gigaset PRO N720 VoIP System running. With this phones we have´nt such problems.

Best regards.
Markus
[/quote]
Hi Markus,
Sorry, please download the FAQ from this below link,

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team
01-13-2013 08:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jitter buffer clarifications stefan@nunetworx.com 3 16,882 04-12-2017 04:51 PM
Last Post: Andrew_Yealink
  Jitter buffer problem with yealink T-21P cabijuan 9 25,099 06-24-2015 02:39 PM
Last Post: James_Yealink
  Meaning of syslog level range values arvind.zapp 1 6,717 08-28-2014 04:02 PM
Last Post: Yealink_Jim
  Speakerphone echo and squeal MichaelZ 1 9,055 03-20-2013 06:35 PM
Last Post: Marcel