[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BLF - do not update if status is Talking
MattB82 Offline

BLF - do not update if status is Talking
Hi all,

Our group hunt group scenario is as follows:

Handset A take a call. Handsets B and C see Handset A BLF status update to "Talking".

Another call comes in via the hunt group. All handsets ring. Handset A sees the call on the display as call waiting is enabled. However, Handset A is occupied with the call.

Handsets B and C see Handset A BLF status update to "Ringing" (but Handset A is still on the initial call). Handsets B and C are unsure whether Handset A is still on the call or not because the previous "Talking" BLF status has been overridden with the "Ringing" status.

Ideally, I am hoping for:

Handset A BLF status to remain as "Talking" even during an incoming, call waiting situation

(Handsets B and C see that Handset A's BLF status remains as "Talking", even though Handset A's handset is ringing)

Handset B or C now know that Handset A is occupied and will answer the call

Is there any combination of BLF or other settings that I might be able to use to achieve this via the phone's web UI?

I can disable call waiting on the handsets but this means that if Handset A is the only user in the office at the time, they are unable to place the initial call on hold to answer the second - basically I need call waiting enabled still.

Thanks!
04-21-2016 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
tsukraw Offline

RE: BLF - do not update if status is Talking
What firmware version are you running? Is it .95 by chance?

If you power cycle the phone do the BLF lights work again for a period of time?
04-25-2016 01:17 PM
PTS Offline

MattB82

We're having the exact same problem with our T27P units, coupled with the frustration that once Handset B or C answer that second incoming call, Handset A's BLF shows as green even though they remain on the original call.

This creates an issue because Handset B or C (whoever answers the second call) can try to transfer that call to Handset A and are puzzled why they don't answer when their BLF says they're available.

Our Comms supplier are currently stumped by this so any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
04-25-2016 05:30 PM
tsukraw Offline

PTS
What version firmware are your phones running?
Is it version .95?
04-25-2016 08:50 PM
MattB82 Offline

(04-25-2016 01:17 PM)tsukraw Wrote:  What firmware version are you running? Is it .95 by chance?

If you power cycle the phone do the BLF lights work again for a period of time?

Firmware: 34.80.0.95

I have tried power cycling but I thinking it's more of a configuration/design issue than a fault - in that if a handset is on a call (BLF: Talking) and another call comes in to the handset via call waiting, the BLF updates to Ringing - when in fact the original state was BLF Talking. I'd like the BLF Talking to remain regardless of whether the handset has another incoming call or not.

(04-25-2016 05:30 PM)PTS Wrote:  MattB82

We're having the exact same problem with our T27P units, coupled with the frustration that once Handset B or C answer that second incoming call, Handset A's BLF shows as green even though they remain on the original call.

This creates an issue because Handset B or C (whoever answers the second call) can try to transfer that call to Handset A and are puzzled why they don't answer when their BLF says they're available.

Our Comms supplier are currently stumped by this so any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Indeed - it's basically rendering BLF useless in our situation as we want to use it so users know whether they need to pickup the call or not.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2016 06:37 AM by MattB82.)
04-26-2016 06:36 AM
tsukraw Offline

We have observed this issue on a handful of our customers.
I have a ticket open with Yealink support on it.

What is happening is the phone stops SUBSCRIBING to the extension status...

Our solution for now was to downgrade back to .70 firmware and the issue goes away.

I've downgraded probably around 200+ handsets with no issues.
04-26-2016 11:09 AM
PTS Offline

Our system's running on firmware 45.80.23.2 and our Comms provider have just got back to us with the following...

"The software developers have managed to recreate the issue on the server in their test environment. This means that it’s definitely nothing to do with your network set up and leaves us with two options: we can migrate you to a different server running a previous software version which will resolve it (you won’t lose any features in this) or wait until the developers release the bug fix, which could be a month or two, or longer."

If tsukraw hasn't seen any issues in downgrading to an earlier version then I think we'll go with that even after yesterday when our provider reduced the Subscribe Period (Seconds) from 1800 to 30 (under Accounts / Advanced on the web user interface). This caused the busy BLFs to turn red again after a short period of time (anything from 1 to 30 seconds depending on the subscriptions position in the cycle) but this didn't do anything to change the concern of all BLFs flashing for incoming calls.
04-26-2016 06:24 PM
MattB82 Offline

Hi all,

I think my issue might have become a little unclear with my explanation. As it stands, my BLF setup is working correctly in that my handsets are correctly observing the status of other handsets.

My problem is that we use a group hunt. All handsets ring on an incoming call.

Being that we also have call waiting enabled, this means that handsets on an existing call will ring (albeit silently, as the handset is already on a call).

This introduces confusion in our office. All of a sudden, handsets on an existing call have their BLF status updated from "Talking" to "Ringing". BUT! This isn't really the case - the handset on a call isn't in a position to take the new incoming call. We want someone else to take the call.

Example: my colleague is on a call. An incoming call rings. My colleague's BLF status is updated from "Talking" to "Ringing". I think great, my colleague's phone is "Ringing" so they will take the call. BUT! They are simply on another call. I want their BLF status to remain "Talking" even though their handset is ringing due to call waiting.

Hope that makes sense!
05-09-2016 11:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SIP-T46G Need firmware update instructions RobbyK 2 974 01-11-2024 10:52 PM
Last Post: RobbyK
  T46U + EXP43 Stuck on Welcome Screen after update danantonielli 2 3,002 10-06-2023 10:04 PM
Last Post: roland@simplicloud.co.za
  Red Triangle Icon in status KNERD 1 12,076 09-06-2023 12:13 AM
Last Post: JohnJ
  T48U BLF show line status for selected users integral 2 1,726 07-17-2023 12:51 AM
Last Post: integral
  T48S BLF Talking vs Ringing JordanHVRA 0 1,018 04-05-2023 01:31 PM
Last Post: JordanHVRA
Information Toggle Power LED or update config via remote? 48design-cg 0 1,079 01-17-2023 05:32 PM
Last Post: 48design-cg
  T42S unable to update firmware brianstoiber 6 7,766 09-30-2022 05:31 PM
Last Post: complex1
  Yealink T48s Firmware update failed dangmoss 2 7,395 02-19-2022 03:09 AM
Last Post: dangmoss
  BLF Ringing overwrites Talking HamburgerJungeJr 5 12,542 09-15-2021 01:37 AM
Last Post: phoneone
  T46S Remote phonebook update to local phonebook. T9 Search UCUC 5 8,646 06-30-2021 02:50 PM
Last Post: UCUC