[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind Transfer
Wilson_Yealink Offline
Administrator

RE: Blind Transfer
Hi Windsor,

Let me try describing your issue.
If the transfer from B to C is not effected, then the 1st call is put on hold. After the 2nd call transfer succesfully, you need resume the 1st call from A and re-transferring to C. Is this your issue, right?

If yes, let me explain it to you. If 2nd call coming and the operator answer it, then the 1st call will be put on hold automatically. Becasue the line is in 2nd call. When the 2nd call transfered successfully, the phone will back to 1st hold call. It is by the design. I'm afraid we won't change it.
If you don't want to resume the call, you can presses an extension button (on the extension LED module) to effect the transfer again.
It can transfer the call directly. It can meet your requirement.

If my describe is not your issue, could you please reproduce your scenario and take a short video about it and send it to me?
You can put it in Youtube or FTP server.

thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 04:09 PM by Wilson_Yealink.)
09-01-2014 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike1 Quote this message in a reply
Windsor Offline

Quote:If the transfer from B to C is not effected, then the 1st call is put on hold. After the 2nd call transfer succesfully, you need resume the 1st call from A and re-transferring to C. Is this your issue, right?

Right. This is the behaviour we have trouble with.

Why would the 1st call transfer (B to C) be put on hold. The way most systems work - and the more intuative behaviour - is that the call would continue to ring on the extension it was transferred to (C's extension). If the extension C doesn't answer after the voicemail timeout - it should go to C's voicemail surely?

Is this a limitation of the Yealink phones - or 3CX PBX system - we are advised that CISCO phones are capable of working the way we would like. We felt this is a rather basic function that our otherwise extremely capable system should be able to do. I struggle to accept that this behaviour is by design? Is there some limitation of the system that means it cannot deal with multiple calls?

I see in the forum that there are a number of postings about transfer problems - and it is difficult to describe. In our view the T38 and extension module with this design are not suitable phones for a busy operator.

Thanks for your frankness in fronting this shortcoming so clearly.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 06:29 AM by Windsor.)
09-02-2014 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Wilson_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Thanks for your suggestions. I have a confusion about why 1st transfer (B to C) be not effected in your scenario? Because I test this scenario more than 30 times, it never fails. So could you please tell me what is the situation of transfer fails? Kindly if you can reproduce your scenario and take a short video about it and send it to me? You can put it in Youtube or FTP server.

About this design in the Yealink phone, of course Yealink phone call deal with multiple calls. For CISCO design, I will test it in my side. And I will collect this requirement from other users, if there are many users need it , I will submit it to our product department.

thanks for your support to Yealink products Smile
09-02-2014 06:52 PM
Windsor Offline

Well now I am confused?

Quote: If 2nd call coming and the operator answer it, then the 1st call will be put on hold automatically. Becasue the line is in 2nd call. When the 2nd call transfered successfully, the phone will back to 1st hold call. It is by the design. I'm afraid we won't change it.

This is exactly what is happening - the operator B is answering the 2nd call while the first call is not fully transferred - C has not picked up the call it is still ringing. As soon as the 2nd call is picked up (by B) caller A is put on hold and C's extension stops ringing.

You said this behaviour was by design, but now you say you can't repeat it?

All we want is to configure it so C's extension carries on ringing until the voicemail kicks in or it is answered by C rather than the call being put on hold when B (the operator) picks up caller D

Using the 3CX software we are able to blind transfer the call ok - using drag and drop - so it is not a limitation of 3CX - we need a phone that has this capability too.
We will have a go at a video to demonstrate - I will hunt around for your ftp server details.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 04:57 AM by Windsor.)
09-03-2014 04:34 AM
Wilson_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi Windsor,
Please check your PM. I have send you my ftp server.

thanks
09-04-2014 08:47 AM
Windsor Offline

Thanks Wilson, I am uploading a video to show you to your ftp server.
The two calls have to be going simultaneously for the problem to occur.
Notice the first call (me) goes to hold as the second caller is transferred.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 09:45 AM by Windsor.)
09-05-2014 09:37 AM
Windsor Offline

Hopefully you were able to follow the sequence of events ok on the video?
My call was answered first, I was calling in to reception from an outside line and asked to be put through to my extension - an office elsewhere. Of course I was not in my office and was not able to pick up the call - ideally it should have carried on ringing and the answered by my voicemail - but it went to hold when the operator picked up the second caller - who was calling from his cell phone in the office and the operator transferred this person to their extension. As soon as the transfer of the second caller was put through my call (the first call) was put on hold. I can't believe that this behaviour is by design - it makes no sense. The call should be left ringing on the extension until it is answered or picked up by voicemail.
09-08-2014 06:54 AM
Wilson_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi Windsor,

I am sorry to tell you I didn't find your video from my FTP server. Could you please upload it again? Thanks in advance
According to your describe, I doubt that you set the Attended transfer via DSSkey. I know you have attached the sceenshort of transfer configuration. But I want to confirm it again.
Please access to web GUI->Features->Transfer tab, select Blind Transfer in the Transfer Mode Via Dsskey list field.
Click confirm to accept the change. Then try again.

In order to I can know your update, I think the email is a better way. We can update this problem via email.
My email address is wilson@yealink.com. Please tell me which thread in the email.

thank you very much Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 08:14 PM by Wilson_Yealink.)
09-10-2014 08:14 PM
Windsor Offline

Confirming that the Transfer settings under Features -> Transfer tab has the

Quote:Transfer Mode via DSSkey
set to:
Quote:Blind Transfer

exactly as per the screen shot and the config.bin files also in this thread. What we are seeing here is that it does not actually work with multiple calls on the go.

I see that I put the video under the root folder not under others - I will upload the video again to the correct folder.

Thanks again for your support - I hope we can resolve this
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 04:13 AM by Windsor.)
09-11-2014 04:08 AM
Wilson_Yealink Offline
Administrator

Hi Phil,

I have sent you email, please check it.

thanks
09-11-2014 02:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MP54 - 'Transfer' greyed-out MrCoops 3 819 03-13-2024 02:25 AM
Last Post: mjuliano
  Call history not showing the right information after an attended transfer wirelessmundi 5 12,652 08-15-2023 12:41 AM
Last Post: Yisroel_MongoTEL
  Transfer to Remote Phonebook Minerva 5 18,503 10-22-2020 03:11 PM
Last Post: joe.carroll@managedinstalls.com
  Blind transfer not working on hangup bug mrabbitt@clarkecounty.gov 1 5,809 12-04-2019 04:33 PM
Last Post: anonymous1711612242218
  DSS for transfer direct to voicemail lulu92 1 5,490 09-04-2019 08:42 PM
Last Post: lulu92
Exclamation Call log on after Att transfer VP-T49G Roksvel 4 10,119 06-18-2019 09:35 AM
Last Post: Roksvel
  Transfer with T2XG and call back hercross 7 12,890 09-27-2018 09:21 PM
Last Post: jolouis
  Transfer calls T26P agalindo 2 7,115 09-17-2018 09:10 AM
Last Post: agalindo
  Dial Now Rule Issue when Transfer IPBX 3 10,888 03-19-2018 04:26 PM
Last Post: IPBX
  B Transfer with DSS key gyegavian 1 6,513 12-04-2017 03:36 AM
Last Post: anonymous1711612242218