[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking'
bocadelray Offline

T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking'
Hi, is it possible to eliminate the word 'Talking' from an assigned DSS Park (BLF) softkey? It is confusing to our users as they see the parked call, but since it also says 'Talking', they assume someone else picked up the parked call when it is still parked.
01-28-2016 02:59 AM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink_Michael Offline
Administrator

RE: T48G Parked Call DSS key says 'Talking'
hi

thanks for your advise

for the present , we can't support , but we will submit your request to our product team for evaluation !

TKS & BR

Michael

Note : Our office will be closed from 4th, Feb. 2016 to 14th, Feb, 2016 due to CNY holidays.
01-28-2016 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
bocadelray Offline

Hi Michael,

Are there any other options for configuring the on-screen call park text (specifically for T48G)? It just doesn't make sense to have a call parked in a slot that needs to be picked up, and on-screen it says "talking". All of my users are afraid to pick it up because they think someone else picked it up and is talking. Even though I've explained this to them, it is still confusing (understandably). I would even rather just see the "talking" text just go away, and not say anything. But it would be ideal if that "talking" txt could be replaced with CID, or something like that so you can keep track of who is in what slot when you have a lot of incoming calls and a lot of slots.

Thanks,

Jerry
04-20-2016 12:34 AM
abe_b Offline

(04-20-2016 12:34 AM)bocadelray Wrote:  Hi Michael,

Are there any other options for configuring the on-screen call park text (specifically for T48G)? It just doesn't make sense to have a call parked in a slot that needs to be picked up, and on-screen it says "talking". All of my users are afraid to pick it up because they think someone else picked it up and is talking. Even though I've explained this to them, it is still confusing (understandably). I would even rather just see the "talking" text just go away, and not say anything. But it would be ideal if that "talking" txt could be replaced with CID, or something like that so you can keep track of who is in what slot when you have a lot of incoming calls and a lot of slots.

Thanks,

Jerry

Support,

You could add me to the list of companies requesting this change.

Thanks,
Abe
http://www.Telpeer.com

All the best,
Abe

Abe@Telpeer.com
04-20-2016 01:46 AM
total_communication Offline

(04-20-2016 01:46 AM)abe_b Wrote:  
(04-20-2016 12:34 AM)bocadelray Wrote:  Hi Michael,

Thanks,

Jerry

Support,

You could add me to the list of companies requesting this change.

Thanks,
Abe
http://www.Telpeer.com

Hi,

You can add me as another request to add this feature. Having the ability to have the 'Talking' text removed or present would be the best. I think on many PBXes you can have BLF keys do different functions so having the ability to have this changed would be great!

Thanks,

Chris
Total Communication Services.
11-23-2016 09:54 PM
llbcjosh Offline

I would also like to have this feature. For me though I just want to be able to remove the "Talking" text completely. When my users go on DND it sets their status as "Talking" which seems very silly when no one is on the phone actually talking. I just want to be able to remove the text completely and have the BLF go red when the phone is in use or on DND.
05-10-2017 07:40 PM
bflorin Offline

Also requesting to dump "talking" on BLF. This additional text confuses our labels for features.
05-30-2017 08:41 PM
russman Offline

Yes! This "Talking" needs to be removed. We use BLF Keys for a number of features including toggling/monitoring Day/Night mode status, toggling/monitoring queue login status, etc. To explain to a client's staff during training on their new phone system that various press button phone system features they have access to will falsely indicate "Talking" status and to ignore it is unprofessional. I will not be selling these phones to anyone until this is fixed.

Side note on GUI and DSS Keys: it would be great if when editing DSS Keys on the phone we had an on screen keyboard option instead of text toggle and using triple tapping the buttons below for labels.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2017 03:38 PM by russman.)
07-13-2017 02:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  T48G/T49G on Ring Central? Gordon 2 9,451 12-27-2023 10:38 AM
Last Post: jseeley
  Call Waiting Beep glennbtn 0 538 12-18-2023 05:22 PM
Last Post: glennbtn
  t46u , call waiting, ring sles 1 959 11-30-2023 05:29 AM
Last Post: msachs
  T48G Top row keypad buttons requiring too much pressure after time Chris708 4 10,011 11-16-2023 01:08 AM
Last Post: here4real
  T48U BLF Park Call not working timotel 0 905 09-20-2023 07:20 AM
Last Post: timotel
  T48G Connected handset not answering or ending call with connected handset. Pettis 4 2,577 07-27-2023 05:38 AM
Last Post: Lissvazquez
  T43U T42S Call Park BLF robm 0 1,090 05-19-2023 12:16 AM
Last Post: robm
  T48S BLF Talking vs Ringing JordanHVRA 0 1,103 04-05-2023 01:31 PM
Last Post: JordanHVRA
  Directed or group pickup call history softnetvoip 1 1,833 03-08-2023 10:53 PM
Last Post: softnetvoip
  Missed Call Does Not Appear in History bcmike 1 2,267 02-01-2023 05:07 AM
Last Post: complex1