[YMCS/YDMP Free Trial Program]Yealink would like to offer Free Trial Program of Yealink device management service for our current eligible customers. You can see the details below.
https://www.yealink.com/ydmp-freetrial-2020

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DECT Multicell support
Frank Drews Offline

DECT Multicell support
Hi,

it would be really great to have a professional Multicell base station, something like:
  • network of up to 50 or 100 base stations with handover
  • up to 10 phones concurrently logged in one base station
  • all in all 50 or 100 handsets supported, all registred at all the basestation at the same time with handover between base stations
  • minimum of 3 simultaneous calls per base station
  • central management of the handsets (if possible via the pbx)
  • it would be great if the old handsets still worked, but this is just optional

The last point is a tricky one. I am no technical expert and not sure what the best way implementing this is, but as an admin, I want to provision the handset for one extension once, and than it should be available at all the base stations.

One solution maybe to register all the users at each base station, but this would not be easy to manage with the pbx.
One other way maybe to have a central base stations, which manages things and sends the configuration to the other base stations. So you only have to register the SIP-users at one base station and than they are available at all the others, too.

best regards Frank
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2015 05:38 PM by Frank Drews.)
11-25-2015 12:53 AM
Find all posts by this user    like1    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Yealink_Michael Offline
Administrator

RE: DECT Multicell support
hi Frank

thanks for your information

for this request, do you mean you want to mass deploy Yealink handset and W52P base ?

if yes, you can finish it through the auto provision feature , for more details , please refer to the guide download from below link :

http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...V73_27.pdf

TKS & BR

Michael
11-25-2015 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user    like0    dislike0 Quote this message in a reply
Frank Drews Offline

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I made a Quick Edit to my post and added
"network of up to 50 or 100 base stations with handover"

I want to have 100 phones running on a network of 50 base stations. Each handset should be able to register and handover to each base station.

I know about provisioning, we have 250 T46G and about 30 W52 running on a 3cx.

Base stations with those capabilites, or a central "managing" basestation, which orchestrates the group of smaller ones, could ask for a significant higher price. Than you are not competing with consumer grade basestations and there are not many competitors out their yet. I mean something like the siemens-gigaset-n720-dm-pro-dect-manager-multicell-system. But maybe this is not the market/product you want to address.

best regards Frank

(11-25-2015 04:40 PM)Yealink_Michael Wrote:  hi Frank

thanks for your information

for this request, do you mean you want to mass deploy Yealink handset and W52P base ?

if yes, you can finish it through the auto provision feature , for more details , please refer to the guide download from below link :

http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...V73_27.pdf

TKS & BR

Michael
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2015 02:16 AM by Frank Drews.)
11-25-2015 05:46 PM
mrtrev Offline

Yes we would also like a solution where multiple base units can work in unison.

I think the topology would work something like:
- Set up a "Super Base" that handles all SIP registrations for up to 100 accounts. This unit does not need to talk to the phones directly.
- Each "Base" unit is configured to communicate with the Super Base via Ethernet.
- Each Handset is able to connect to any Base that it's near. The Base will notify the Super Base that the phone is connected to it so that incoming calls can be routed to the correct Base.
- If a Handset roams to another Base, the Super Base will gracefully handle the hand off so any active phone calls are not dropped.

With this configuration each Base could support similar ratings as current (ie. 5 handsets / 4 calls) but the system overall would be able to handle a much larger number of handsets and every user can seamlessly roam to any area with coverage.

Each SIP account is configured once and each handset is configured once. The Super Base manages all of the associations, and the Base units are essentially remote radio antennas for it.
02-03-2016 03:08 AM
complit Offline

Would be great if Yealink would make a multicell solution. I think this is missing in the current product portfolio.
04-19-2016 03:33 PM
Melvin_XIII Offline

Hello,
I have a similar issue. We love the Yealink W56P handset and e are willing to go a long way in order to use these handsets. However the Base is not flexible enough for our use.
We have Have 15 Yealink W56P and 4 Jabra DECT headsets that we need to connect to a DECT system which is then connected to a PBX (3CX). The area we need to cover with DECT is too big for just one Base station. We would also like to be able to walk from the reception area of one base station into the area of another without loosing the connection. This means registering the handsts at two station isn't a solution.
Because of the number of devices it is also not a good solution to use 3 base stations each with a repeater.
I would like a multi cell setup. Because Yealink doesn't have one I am looking for others that are compatible with the Yealink W56P.
I have read that there are problems with Gigaset base stations not registering properly. Does the Gigaset N720 work? Does the Snoom M700 work? are there other options worth looking at.
I am at a dead end here. I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thank You,
David Schumann
09-29-2016 05:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  DECT Phone BLF's CWR 7 20,249 05-30-2023 08:32 AM
Last Post: Scottie
  W52 DECT Sip TRUST feature Panayiotis.A 3 16,510 05-22-2015 02:50 AM
Last Post: James_Yealink