Yealink Forums
Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Auto Provisioning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. (/showthread.php?tid=997)

Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. - phlobot - 11-05-2013 11:21 PM

When a config file is passed and no value is defined for a key that is programmed, it does not overwrite the old values.

Example: A BLF is configured as a call-flow toggle, but we need it gone.

Erasing the *xxx value and setting the key no N/A in freePBX, or simply deleting the entry directly from the config file, will not actually disable the BLF. But if set it to just * then it just dials that if hit. At least no BLF light is present on that key any longer, though.

I should not have to use webadmin, be remotely near the phone, or set a bad value just to clear this. It affects any Yealink phone or sidecar I have used.

Is there another/ better way?

RE: Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. - Barnabas - 11-06-2013 01:27 AM

I concur. That would be a 'must' feature to completely wipe out the old configuration and load the new one. That said, instead of putting "N/A" for every line that we need to make it blank, there should be a autoprovisioning line to "reset to factory settings" before loading the new configuration.

Currently, I have to remotely log into a pc and connect to the customer's phone to reset it and then upload the new configuration.

The new firmware with RPS link makes things much easier. I ask customer just to press the "OK" button for 10 seconds. It resets configuration and then goes to the Yealink's RPS server, which points to our configuration server.

Barnabas

RE: Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. - Yealink Support - 11-25-2013 04:34 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for your opinions. Your requests have been submitted to the product department.

RE: Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. - 00000 - 12-04-2013 11:13 PM

Hi all

I completely agree: With the current Auto-Provisioning mechanism you are only able to provision phones that have no config at all. It currently doesn't help if the phone has been misconfigured by the webinterface.

With Auto-Provisioning it must be possible to clear all defined settings (except the AES-Keys for the config-file encryption) before applying the new settings.

(But it's still better than having to configure each phone manually)

Mark

RE: Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. - Barnabas - 06-05-2015 06:03 AM

I assume you are already aware that there is an easy way to blank out a give field by putting %NULL%. For example if the phone was provisioned with:
account.1.label = blabla

you can make it blank with:
account.1.label = %NULL%

This comes very handy when you don't want to erase customer data (phone book, etc) by resetting to factory defaults.

Barnabas

RE: Setting N/A for Softkey does not erase value. - phlobot - 06-05-2015 11:33 PM

(06-05-2015 06:03 AM)Barnabas Wrote:  I assume you are already aware that there is an easy way to blank out a give field by putting %NULL%. For example if the phone was provisioned with:
account.1.label = blabla

you can make it blank with:
account.1.label = %NULL%

This comes very handy when you don't want to erase customer data (phone book, etc) by resetting to factory defaults.

Barnabas

Yes sorry I never updated the thread but I did find this eventually and is a logical and usable solution.