Yealink Forums
Enable BLF for RingCentral - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Enable BLF for RingCentral (/showthread.php?tid=978)

Pages: 1 2

Enable BLF for RingCentral - nace33 - 11-01-2013 12:33 AM

I have successfully registered my phone with RingCentral.com. I have no problem making or receiving phone calls. I can dial extensions. I receive voicemail notifications. However, I have been unable to successfully monitor the lines of other users using the busy map field (BLF).

Does anyone have any guidance on how to set this up?

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - Yealink Support - 11-02-2013 11:50 AM

Hi nace33,

You can refer to the BLF setting from page 128 to page 131 in the admin guide.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/Yealink_SIP-T4X_IP_Phone_Family_Administrator_Guide_V71_171.pdf

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - nace33 - 11-03-2013 12:23 PM

(11-02-2013 11:50 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi nace33,

You can refer to the BLF setting from page 128 to page 131 in the admin guide.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/Yealink_SIP-T4X_IP_Phone_Family_Administrator_Guide_V71_171.pdf

Thanks for the reply. I did get the BLF to work, however, using the extension did not work. Ring central apparently uses some different unique code that represents the user. I found the BLF codes on one of my preprogrammed RingCentral phones. Once those were input the BLF worked as expected. I just wish RingCentral supported Yealink for auto provisioning. That would make it easier.

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - pfear - 12-06-2013 10:00 AM

You said that you got BLF to work on the Yealink. I can get the buttons to work for pushing the button and dialing an extension, but I can't get them to work so that I can see if someone is on the phone, e.g., green light if not in use, red if in use. My buttons are just dark. No lights whatsoever.

Would you mind sharing what settings you changed to make sure it worked? I found the BLF code I think you are talking about, which would be something like: blfxxxxxxxxx@sip.ringcentral.com. And that should go in the "Value" field? Does the "Extension" field matter for Ringcentral? And I enabled "Dialog-Info Call Pickup"

Are there other settings that need to be changed?

Thanks,

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - KhensU - 04-30-2014 08:38 AM

Hi,

We just a couple of t48g phones and as we also use Ringcentral I was wondering if the preceding posters had specific instructions on getting BLF working or partially working.

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - pfear - 05-01-2014 07:06 AM

I was never able to get it working with Ringcentral.

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - nace33 - 05-01-2014 07:27 AM

In order to get the BLF to indicate whether a line is in use or not, you need the user code that ring central uses. I got these codes using the pre-programmed ring central phones (which I returned). I don't know how to acquire the user code w/o the pre-programmed phone, although you could probably call ring central. I have found their customer service to be excellent.

My user codes are in the following format, 'blfXXXXXXXXXX'. I don't recall anymore if I added the 'blf' code or whether that was part of the code from ring central.

Once you have the code, phone setup is easy, just follow the following steps (Presuming you have already setup your ring central account on the phone):

1) Login to your phone using your web browser (or do it manually on the phone);
2) Goto the 'DSSKey' menu;
3) Set one of the 'Line Key' items to type 'BLF' with value being your user code (i.e. your 'blfXXXXXXXXXX' code).
4) Click 'Confirm'

I have noticed that from time to time the BLF lights can get out of sync, but honestly isn't too big an issue.

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - pfear - 05-01-2014 08:54 AM

Which Yealink phone(s) do you have? I tried the exact same thing. While I did get a green light for those keys, it never turns red when the phone is in use. I am using the T26P.

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - nace33 - 05-01-2014 09:36 AM

My ring central account has four users and we all use the T46G phones.

RE: Enable BLF for RingCentral - pfear - 05-02-2014 08:23 AM

Nace33,
Thanks for the info. So, just to clarify, when one of your users is on the phone, the BLF turns red for that user on the other phones so that you can tell they are on the phone from each of the other phones?
And have you been able to set up the voicemail so that you can tell when there is a voicemail message waiting?
Thanks,