Yealink Forums
New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: T3xP Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP (/showthread.php?tid=970)

Pages: 1 2 3

New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - printwest - 10-30-2013 08:35 AM

I just purchased 3 Yealink phones, one of each model (T38P, T32P, and a T20P). The T20P gets an IP fine and so does my PC and a Cisco IP phone on the same ethernet cable via DHCP.

When I plug in the T38P and the T32P, neither one will get an IP address. If I setup as Static IP and give it a valid and unused IP address I get the same "Network Unavailable !" error.

I even tried to upgrade the phone using the recovery mode via TFTP server and I get:
Start Update...
Network Fail...

Did I really get two bad phones out of three?Angry

I forgot to mention that I tried using the power adapter and on a POE switch.

I also rebooted all my switches and even tried plugging into the same switch as the DHCP server (Windows 2003), and nothing would get these phones on the network.

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - Yealink Support - 10-30-2013 05:57 PM

Hi printwest,

In order to exclude hardware problem, please check the issue as below steps.

1. please delect the cache of DHCP server.Becasue the server will recognize the MAC address of phone once it is connect to network. May be your DHCP cache is full. So the issue will happen.

2. Connect DHCP server to the Internet port of T3x, and connect the PC which can obtain IP address before to the PC port of T3x
(1) If the PC can't connect to DHCP network, it may be the reason of Hardware of T3x.
(2) If the PC can connect to DHCP network, it may be related to the software fo T3x or others.
So in this case, please supply more information for me.

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - printwest - 10-31-2013 03:45 AM

1. Not sure what you mean by "delete the cache of DHCP server", but there is NO record of the phones MAC address on the DHCP server.

2. Ok, I tried connecting directly to the dhcp server via a crossover cable, neither the phone or pc (connected to the phone) would receive an IP. When I plugged it into a wifi router with it's own DHCP server, it worked, so I don't know why it doesn't work with our DHCP server (Windows 2003).

I bought these to test out Yealink phones before I replace all our office/shop phones, but if I can't get them to work I'll be forced to buy a different brand.

FYI, this is the firmware version:
T32G: 32.70.0.131
T38G: 38.70.0.126

I'm also not having any luck getting the T20P model working with the auto-provisioning in 3CX (v12), but I'll start another thread for that problem.

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - Yealink Support - 10-31-2013 06:03 PM

Hi printwest,

1. It will be a hardware problem from your description but we need to double check in yealink.
Can you tell me your hardware version of your phone?
(When phone is idle, press OK button->Phone->Hardware, please send these numbers to me and we can check in yealink)

2. You can make a replacement from your seller.
And you can also replace our new series phone T4X which receive many praises from our customers.
http://www.yealink.com/product_info.aspx?ProductsCateID=310&CateId=147&BaseInfoCateId=310&Cate_Id=310&parentcateid=147

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - printwest - 11-01-2013 04:48 AM

Hardware Version:
T38G: 21.5.5.160.64.0.0
T32G: 22.3.2.32.0.0.0

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - Yealink Support - 11-01-2013 09:06 AM

Hi printwest,

Our researcher confirm that your T3X should be broken.Sad
Please kindly replace your phone with your reseller.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - printwest - 11-02-2013 12:19 AM

Both of them? They both came from Amazon. Is all of their stock going to have the same problem?

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - Yealink Support - 11-04-2013 04:47 PM

Hi printwest,

I can't confirm all their stock have the same problem. You can contact with them asap and can replace new phones.

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - printwest - 11-06-2013 06:18 AM

Well I just received a new phones from Amazon and they have the same problem.
Hardware Version:
T38G: 21.5.5.160.64.0.0

RE: New T38G and T32G - Network Unavailable - Static or DHCP - jasit - 11-06-2013 11:14 PM

grab a ***** router and see if they get an address from them. that way you will know if they don't want to play with your dhcp server

I know with our SBS 2011 server the phones sometimes don't get an address right away and sit at the dhcp setup screen and if you hit the back button they get an address.

grab a ***** router and see if they get an address from them. that way you will know if they don't want to play with your dhcp server

I know with our SBS 2011 server the phones sometimes don't get an address right away and sit at the dhcp setup screen and if you hit the back button they get an address.

lol the word c h e a p is asterisked out.