Yealink Forums
SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware (/showthread.php?tid=9697)

SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware - soapee01 - 10-02-2015 01:47 AM

Hi,

I'm just wanting to know if I can upgrade a T46G from 28.71.1.16 (v71) to 28.80.0.70 (v80) straight? In other words, do I need to upgrade to v72 first, then v73, and then finally v80, or can I skip v72 and v73?

Thanks,

James

RE: SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware - keffa - 10-02-2015 11:35 PM

I just did this with five new handsets I purchased for a client and they are working fine.

Sometimes, though it is very rare, firmware does have to be updated like this but most of the time, the latest firmware incorporates all the previous fixes and additions so it's not required. The reason that they maintain older firmwares is that sometimes when they fix something, it can break something else so this allows you to roll back as it where, just in case this becomes problematic.

RE: SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware - soapee01 - 10-02-2015 11:46 PM

keffa,

Had you already configured the phones prior to upgrade? That's my concern. These have been deployed for some time.

I haven't experienced this issue with yealink, but I have with other manufacturers. Hopefully yealink can answer?

RE: SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware - joshua@itstel.com - 10-06-2015 01:29 AM

Since upgrading to 28.80.0.70 my handsfree intercom no longer works. The phone just rings. I can't find where to fix this or what has changed. Anybody else have this issue?

RE: SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware - keffa - 10-06-2015 03:42 AM

(10-02-2015 11:46 PM)soapee01 Wrote:  keffa,

Had you already configured the phones prior to upgrade? That's my concern. These have been deployed for some time.

I haven't experienced this issue with yealink, but I have with other manufacturers. Hopefully yealink can answer?

Yes I had configured them. The phone settings where maintained throughout the firmware update.

However I always recommend factory resetting before the firmware update and factory resetting immediately after the firmware update as I have known customers to experience issues that this process quite often resolves.

RE: SIP-T46G Upgrade from old Firmware - Abe1048 - 10-21-2015 05:56 AM

(10-06-2015 03:42 AM)keffa Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 11:46 PM)soapee01 Wrote:  keffa,

Yes I had configured them. The phone settings where maintained throughout the firmware update.

However I always recommend factory resetting before the firmware update and factory resetting immediately after the firmware update as I have known customers to experience issues that this process quite often resolves.

I have seen the same, some issues happen after upgrading a firmware and it resolves after I reset the phone to factory default.