Yealink Forums
BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle (/showthread.php?tid=894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - Yealink Support - 10-25-2013 06:16 PM

Hi Martijn,

Yes, it seems that your Asterisk doesn't send this NOTIFY properly. Please contact with your server technicist.

Your code is still "Subscription-State: active" .
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="17" state="full" entity="sip:9999001@xxxxxxxx">
<dialog id="9999001">
<state>terminated</state>
</dialog>
</dialog-info>

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - Martijn - 10-27-2013 06:57 PM

Well just tried again, the code i copied in the post before, was the first messages, but when i look further down below the log file i find this :

I disconnected the Yealink via the webinterface.

Code:
set_destination: set destination to 192.168.178.68:5063
Reliably Transmitting (NAT) to xxxxxxx:5063:
NOTIFY sip:9999001@192.168.178.68:5063 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxxxxxx:5060;branch=z9hG4bK5bc08dea;rport
Max-Forwards: 70
To: "YourPetShops" <sip:9999001@xxxxxxx>;tag=809789676
Call-ID: 145290667@192.168.178.68
CSeq: 103 NOTIFY
User-Agent: -2.11.0beta2(11.6.0)
Subscription-State: terminated;reason=timeout
Event: dialog
Content-Type: application/dialog-info+xml
Content-Length: 207

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dialog-info xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:dialog-info" version="1" state="full" entity="sip:12345@xxxxxxx">
<dialog id="12345">
<state>terminated</state>
</dialog>
</dialog-info>

But the 12345 phone still has its green LED on.

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - Yealink Support - 10-28-2013 02:49 PM

Hi Martijn,

I double check about this issue with our R&D colleague.
He confirms that Asterisk server will continue to subscribe even if the account is unavailable.
So your issue is the right scenario.

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - mjb - 01-10-2014 03:52 AM

Asterisk is correct in its actions - application/dialog-info+xml does not support a concept of an 'unavailable' extension. For that, another content-type that supports presence is needed. application/pidf+xml (RFC4662) comes to mind, but Yealink phones appear not to support that.

To try it out, and see the behaviour you're expecting, download the SIP client 'Dialplate', and configure some BLF entries with both application/dialog-info+xml and application/pidf+xml to see the difference.

A Subscription should not be terminated just because an extension has become unavailable. The state of a subscription is not the same as the state of an extension. Even if the subscription was to be terminated when an extension becomes unavailable, there is no clear method defined in RFC3265 for re-establishing the subscription without polling the SIP proxy - and this is a bad idea, especially when you might want to monitor the state of a large number of extensions which are often unavailable. The timely refreshing of the BLF indicator would suggest that re-polling every few seconds would be desirable, yet the associated network traffic would be very undesirable.

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - Yealink Support - 01-10-2014 09:12 AM

Hi mjb,

I am agree with your idea, but we support presence/dialog now. Big Grin

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - nicknomo - 03-21-2014 05:37 AM

(01-10-2014 09:12 AM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Hi mjb,

I am agree with your idea, but we support presence/dialog now. Big Grin

I was toying around with presence states in asterisk today, with the EXT40... and I am setting the presence states, but the BLF indications don't seem to reflect any of the changes.

Is there something I have to do to get the BLF's on yealink phones to listen to the presence states as well?

If I set the presence state to unavailable, the light should go out. If I set the presence state to DND or BUSY, that should be reflected. It seems like my phone (T46G and EXT40) is only reading the device state. Is there a setting for this?

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - Yealink Support - 03-21-2014 04:11 PM

Sorry. 3CX and Genband should can support presence status in Yealink phone and Asterisk can't.

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - dominic16y - 07-22-2014 11:44 AM

(03-21-2014 04:11 PM)Yealink Support Wrote:  Sorry. 3CX and Genband should can support presence status in Yealink phone and Asterisk can't.

Really?
Is that you mean if we want full BLF funtions with Asterisk don't buy Yealink phone. go get 3CX and Genband?

Why don't you just release a special firmware "BLF fully support Asterisk" version.
Let user pick their need version.

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - Yealink Support - 07-30-2014 02:13 PM

Hi dominic16y,

Sorry, maybe you misunderstand what my meaning.
We support BLF feature in the Asterisk. The issue is BLF status depend on the pbx server whether send NOTIFY message to Yealink phone.
If the server didn't send it our phone won't change the LED status. Kindly hope you can understand it.

thanks

RE: BLF: unavailable state shown as idle - gregory - 10-01-2014 03:08 AM

Hi,

So at the moment it's not possible to have full BLF functionality on the Yealink T46G with a Asterisk as it's sip server and with full BLF functionality? and with full BLF functionality I mean when a sip user is not registered/offline or it's presence state is set to UNAVAILABLE that the BLF Led on the Yealink goes off.

Why do other phones like Cisco, Snom and softphones handle this correctly? I don't mean technically ...