Yealink Forums
t46g says "URL is empty" - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: t46g says "URL is empty" (/showthread.php?tid=858)

Pages: 1 2

t46g says "URL is empty" - engine411 - 09-28-2013 08:34 AM

I used to be able to view the 3cx phonebook on my T46G and dial by name, i.e. for Jason, I could type 5-2-7, corresponding to J-A-S, and it would display all phonebook entries that matched that.
We had some provisioning/programming issues lately, and now my phone, while it still displays the 3cx phonebook properly, refuses to accept the dial by name. It says "URL is empty".

What does that mean, and how can I fix it?
TIA.

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - Yealink Support - 09-29-2013 04:12 PM

Hi Engine,
What's the firmware are you using?
Could you try to reset to factory and check again?
We didn't met such issue here.
Thanks.

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - CWR - 10-01-2013 03:15 AM

Engine - dial by name? or search by name then select and dial?

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - engine411 - 10-01-2013 09:28 AM

(10-01-2013 03:15 AM)craigreilly Wrote:  Engine - dial by name? or search by name then select and dial?

I believe it's both, but I'm certain it's the dial by name. At least I guess that's what you call it - with the phone in standby, I used to be able to dial 5-2-7 for J-A-S if I wanted to call Jason, and the phone would display all matching names, including Jason. And I've reset the phone in question to factory 3 or 4 times in the last week. All the phones have this problem, not just this phone.

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - CWR - 10-07-2013 01:47 PM

I have not seen this feature in any firmware... (Doesn't mean it doesn't exist... I haven't been asked about it before)

Did you change firmware?

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - engine411 - 10-08-2013 03:26 AM

Hello,
Yes, I've changed firmware as new versions have been released. I know this functionality existed up until a recent firmware change/PBX refresh, because I used it and showed our staff how to quickly/easily dial by name.
The phone loads the phonebook easily enough, but I can't dial by name.

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - CWR - 10-09-2013 08:41 AM

I know I have to open the phonebook and then hit search...

But your way sounds nice... But not sure how it would differentiate between me dialing a number and dialing a name - unless I told it so, by going into The phonebook theN Hitting search.

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - engine411 - 10-10-2013 05:39 AM

This is fixed. I'm not sure how or why, but it works now.

When my phone is at standby, I can push 5-6-6 for L-O-N, and it shows the corresponding phone book entry for "Lonnie" on the next line under the "566". If the "566" is actually a number I'm dialing, no problem, I just dial it. If I want to call Lonnie, I just hit the down arrow to highlight that name and push Send. Quick and simple.

Alternatively - thanks for the tip Craigreilly - I can push Phonebook, then Search, and now it defaults to "Abc" input, where I can hit 5 twice for the letter "k" or 7 three times for the letter "r", etc. Remember texting like that on phones back before touchscreen phones were common? Same thing.

There are probably proper terms for everything I've just described, but at any rate, it works nicely now. Still wish I knew why or what I did or didn't do to get this working again. The ability to type letters of a person's name while the phone is in standby is invaluable for our sales guys.

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - CWR - 10-10-2013 11:16 PM

Glad you got it going... makes me interested now.
Try turning the Live Dialtone feature on/off. Maybe that does it.
I will try this some more in my environment when I have time (I am at home today).

RE: t46g says "URL is empty" - engine411 - 10-10-2013 11:22 PM

Actually, I spoke too soon. It only works halfway. Some phones, when I type in 566 for Lonnie, show "Lonnie 41", which is the extension, and some phones show "Lonnie xxxxxxxxx", my cell phone. It used to show all matching entries, including other contacts besides Lonnie.

I noticed the Live option too, haven't had time to test it much.