Yealink Forums
Missed calls - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Phone specific topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Missed calls (/showthread.php?tid=786)

Missed calls - craigwisky - 09-20-2013 07:57 AM

Is there any way I can turn off the missed calls feature on a T20.

We have an environment where a reception phone rings and if not answered in three rings all the other phones in the office ring. Who ever doesn't pick up (and it has to be 5 out of the 6) gets a "missed call" record. They aren't actually missed calls, just not answered by that phone - it could happen up to 5 or 6 times every day, especially when the receptionist is at lunch.

RE: Missed calls - kg4ysy - 09-23-2013 10:03 PM

(09-20-2013 07:57 AM)craigwisky Wrote:  Is there any way I can turn off the missed calls feature on a T20.

We have an environment where a reception phone rings and if not answered in three rings all the other phones in the office ring. Who ever doesn't pick up (and it has to be 5 out of the 6) gets a "missed call" record. They aren't actually missed calls, just not answered by that phone - it could happen up to 5 or 6 times every day, especially when the receptionist is at lunch.

In the provision file for V70 you'll want to use "account.x.missed_calllog = 0" where x is the account that needs the log disabled. You can turn the entire call log off for the phone by using "features.save_call_history = 0".

RE: Missed calls - craigwisky - 09-24-2013 05:26 AM

(09-23-2013 10:03 PM)kg4ysy Wrote:  
(09-20-2013 07:57 AM)craigwisky Wrote:  Is there any way I can turn off the missed calls feature on a T20.

In the provision file for V70 you'll want to use "account.x.missed_calllog = 0" where x is the account that needs the log disabled. You can turn the entire call log off for the phone by using "features.save_call_history = 0".

Thanks for your help - I'm an amateur sorry, can you provide layman instructions to execute what you suggest?

RE: Missed calls - kg4ysy - 09-24-2013 09:04 PM

craigwisky,

My above instructions were for someone using a provision file which I would definitely recommend, but it isn't required. If you have more than a couple phones the provision file will save you a lot of headaches setting up your phones.

You can set this on a per phone basis by going to the web interface for the phone (http://IPOFPHONE). Click on Account, select which account you want to set, and scroll down to the bottom where you see "Missed Call Log." Set that to "Disabled" and click "Confirm." The phone will no longer track missed calls for that account. Does this help? Let me know if you have any questions.

RE: Missed calls - craigwisky - 09-25-2013 08:17 AM

(09-24-2013 09:04 PM)kg4ysy Wrote:  craigwisky,

My above instructions were for someone using a provision file which I would definitely recommend, but it isn't required. If you have more than a couple phones the provision file will save you a lot of headaches setting up your phones.

You can set this on a per phone basis by going to the web interface for the phone (http://IPOFPHONE). Click on Account, select which account you want to set, and scroll down to the bottom where you see "Missed Call Log." Set that to "Disabled" and click "Confirm." The phone will no longer track missed calls for that account. Does this help? Let me know if you have any questions.

Fantastic thanks - it was that basic! But worked perfectly.

RE: Missed calls - kg4ysy - 10-01-2013 08:56 PM

(09-25-2013 08:17 AM)craigwisky Wrote:  Fantastic thanks - it was that basic! But worked perfectly.

The beauty of these phones is that they are very flexible. The down side is that it is very overwhelming at first. After we set them up and used them for a while, I started digging around and playing with settings to make them work even better. As a bit of advice, download the full administrator manual from Yealink's site. The help on the web page is not very helpful, but the full admin manual is amazing. It is still missing a few things here and there, but it has helped me a ton.

RE: Missed calls - mitch - 12-13-2013 10:33 PM

Thanks, that was also exactly what i was after also.
i use the auto answer feature for account 1 (family calls) and when it auto-answers it leaves a missed call message. Account 2 which is for everyone else its nice to see if i have a genuine missed call.