Yealink Forums
Can't Auto Provision W52P - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W52P (Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Can't Auto Provision W52P (/showthread.php?tid=642)

Pages: 1 2

Can't Auto Provision W52P - stevez - 07-17-2013 12:00 AM

Good morning. I am working on auto provisioning a W52P. I have already downloaded and install the firmware version: 25.30.0.29. After auto provision completes, no settings have changed. I used the Pcap feature and noticed that it will login successfully, then I get "Request: SIZE /<MAC address>.cfg" "Response: 550 Could not get file size". On my T46G's that I auto provision successfully, I get "Request: SIZE <MAC address>.cfg" (no / before the macaddress.cfg) then it proceeds to open BINARY mode data connection.

I believe this / is causing the problem I am experiencing. Is there any way to remove this or a different firmware I need?

For what it's worth, looking at the Pcap of the T46G (Firm Ver: 28.71.0.85), the firmware upgrade requests fail too. "Request: SIZE /28.71.0.85.rom" "Response: 550 Could not get file size".

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - Yealink Support - 07-17-2013 01:45 PM

Hi Stevez,
1. Do you mean when you use firmware 25.30.0.29, and auto provisioning failed?
2. Could you send me your auto provisioning cfg files that you tried, so i can check here at my side?
If you think here is not safe for you to put yout cfg files, you can send to support@yealink.com email.
3. You mean your T46G download the firmware failed via auto provisioning? What's your current firmware?
Thanks.

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - stevez - 07-18-2013 03:26 AM

Hi Administrator,
1. Yes, after auto provisioning failed using the preloaded firmware, I searched on the forum and found 25.30.0.29.
I installed it and tried auto provisioning again and it failed. When it failed after the upgrade, I used the Pcap feature to see what was going on. I noticed that it was looking for "/<MAC address>.cfg". I compared to a previous problem I had with provisioning the T46G, it is the same problem where (when failing) was looking for "/<MAC address>.cfg". I found and upgraded the firmware to 28.71.0.85. After that upgrade, I used Pcap and saw that after logging in to the ftp it was looking for "<MAC address>.cfg" and successfully provisioned (except for finding the firmware using "firmware.url = ").
1a. Curious, why would the latest firmware not be available on the product information page where we would normally download the firmware?

2. I can send you my current cfg to the email provided. Right now, it is simply the account 1 settings and a couple network settings.
But the issue I see is, the phone adds an unnecessary / before the config file name. Therefore, not able to find the .cfg file on the ftp.

3. Yes, I put "firmware.url = " in my config. The current firmware is the latest(?) at the time ver. 28.71.0.85. I found searching through the forums..maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. In the Pcap, I see the same little "/" before the file name and the response saying that it doesn't exist. As for the rest of the config information, the firmware (28.71.0.85) provisions fine.

In a nutshell, I can't auto provision the phone is looking for "/<MAC address>.cfg". I CAN auto provision when the phone is looking for "<MAC address>.cfg". And same goes with the firmware.url portion as well. No /, please. My files are not in a different directory on the ftp than what the user logs in to.

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - stevez - 07-18-2013 10:06 PM

Apparently I cannot email you my current .cfg. It appears my ISP is being blocked by a spam filter (cblless.anti-spam.org.cn)...

So, I'll copy and paste it here, account info redacted. This is my minimal config just to be able get an account on it to make a call.

#!version:1.0.0.1

##File header "#!version:1.0.0.1" can not be edited or deleted.##

######################################################
## Network ##
######################################################

#Configure the WAN port type; 0-DHCP (default), 1-PPPoE, 2-Static IP Address;
#Require reboot;
network.internet_port.type = 0

#Configure the PC port type; 0-Router, 1-Bridge (default);
#Require reboot;
network.bridge_mode = 1

################################
#### Account Settings
################################
#Enable or disable the account 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
account.1.enable = 1

#Configure the label displayed on the LCD screen for account.
account.1.label = 103

#Configure the display name of account.
account.1.display_name = 103

#Configure the username and password for register authentication.
account.1.auth_name = <username>
account.1.password = <password>

#Configure the register user name.
account.1.user_name = <username>

#Configure the SIP server address.
account.1.sip_server_host = <server address>

#Specify the port for the SIP server. The default value is 5060.
account.1.sip_server_port = 5060

#Configure the voice mail number of account.
voice_mail.number.1 = *103

#Configure the register expiry time (in seconds), the default value is 3600.
account.1.expires = 300

#Enable or disable the phone to subscribe the message waiting indicator; 0-Disabled (default), 1-Enabled;
account.1.subscribe_mwi = 1

#Configure MWI subscribe expiry time (in seconds). It ranges from 0 to 84600, the default value is 3600.
account.1.subscribe_mwi_expires = 300

#Configure the SIP server type; 0-Default (default), 2-BroadSoft, 4-Cosmocom;
account.1.sip_server_type = 0

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - Yealink Support - 07-19-2013 02:32 PM

Hi steve,
1. Here i upgrade W52P to firmware 25.30.0.29, then use attached cfg file 0015653d522c.cfg (My base mac address is 0015653d522c) to auto provisioning with ftp server, and it works. The account information is apply to the phone.
So please check what's the difference between my operation with yours.
2. And i am not understand why your cfg file name will add / automatically?
This name is written by you, but why it will have / ?
3. This firmware is newer than 25.30.0.20 which we put in the website, but now we are still improve this firmware, we will release commercial firmware later base on 25.30.0.29, because we still fix some issues base on this firmware, it means this is not the last firmware that we will put in to the website.

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - stevez - 07-19-2013 08:58 PM

I have made a screen shot of my saved Pcap files to show what I am talking about. To demonstrate what I see during a failed auto provision and a successful auto provision, I have the W52P (v. 25.30.0.29) and a T46G (v. 28.71.0.85). Since these two phones have the Pcap feature and 1 will fail and the other succeeds.

[attachment=202]
Notice how there is a "/" in front of the file name. The phone can't find my cfg Angry which has been verified as being on the ftp.

[attachment=203]
Here, I get the 550 Could not get file size on the common file, because it actually doesn't exist on the ftp (I don't use a common, all configs are in the MAC address cfg). The successful transfer occurs when there is no "/" in front of the file name Big Grin.

So, if you could, please share with me your Pcap of the FTP transfer for your successful provision. Like I said, the problem is not the config itself (the config was never the problem), the problem is the the phone can't find the config because it appends a / in front of the file name when sending the request to the FTP.

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - Yealink Support - 07-22-2013 11:49 AM

Hi Steve,
I attached my pcap trace for your reference.
Here you can see, it will not add / in front of the mac.cfg name.
So maybe you can try another server to check?
Thanks.

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - stevez - 07-23-2013 10:32 PM

Unfortunately, at this time, I wouldn't be able to try another ftp server. I wound up having to manually configure the device and ship it off and I don't have a test unit of this phone here. What I don't understand seeing your pcap trace, where is this / coming from on mine, when we are using the same firmware version? As for the FTP server used, I'm not sure what server it is nor do I have any control over it. I do know our PBX is Asterisk 1.8...not sure if that helps any.

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - Yealink Support - 07-25-2013 02:07 PM

Hi Steve,
So now you will send this W52P to your customer? If they still have this problem, please let us know, we will check again at their side.
Thanks and sorry.

RE: Can't Auto Provision W52P - stevez - 10-08-2013 11:59 PM

I just wanted to add that the issue I previously had with the auto provisioning on version 25.30.0.29 of the W52P has been cleared up with the current firmware version (25.30.0.41).