Yealink Forums
Searching in the Phonebook - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wishlist (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Searching in the Phonebook (/showthread.php?tid=6365)

Searching in the Phonebook - BARDINET - 09-12-2015 05:39 PM

Hi, from France

My customers doesn't use the phonebook :(because of it's too long to find the right correspondant . The problem is the phone match caracters in the whole name of the correspondant,instead of searching in the beginning of the name. So, you will find more matchs in the phonebook, but it will take more time to find the right one.

Is there any solution ?Idea[/align]

RE: Searching in the Phonebook - James_Yealink - 09-12-2015 09:27 PM

Sorry, the search method can't be changed. Customers may need to input one or two more caracters to match precisely.

RE: Searching in the Phonebook - BARDINET - 09-12-2015 10:31 PM

(09-12-2015 09:27 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  Sorry, the search method can't be changed. Customers may need to input one or two more caracters to match precisely.

So I Think Yealink should work on it. It seems no tveruy difficult to introduce a choice, like "search method : Anywhere-First characters".

In the same way, could be nice if Central or Company Directory could be fed from the device, not only the device directory.

RE: Searching in the Phonebook - ivo.polak - 10-28-2015 04:46 PM

Hello from the Netherlands,

A costumer of mine is experiencing the same issue. They even tell me "we are used to search on the last name, this feature was standard on our previous phone platform". Too bad this is not an option at the moment. Hope Yealink can find an option to change this in the future.

Good luck with you customer BARDINET!

RE: Searching in the Phonebook - Frank Drews - 07-13-2016 08:42 PM

I agree. Having an option to search only the first letters would be very valueable. In fact I think it could be the default behaviour, no option needed. Search the first letters of name and sir name. Like autocomplete while dialing telephone numbers: you don't do compare full-text, you show numbers starting with the same digits.

(09-12-2015 09:27 PM)Yealink_James Wrote:  Sorry, the search method can't be changed. Customers may need to input one or two more caracters to match precisely.

In european languages, you tend to have combination of letters, which in comination form one sound and which appear very often.

E.G. in German there is "sch", simlar ot "sh" in English

If I search for "Schmid", a very common name in German, and I have a phonebook of 200 people, if I press "S" I will get like 100 hits, S being a very common letter.
If i would get just the people starting with S, I would get maybe 20 hits. Few enough to use scrolling.
Currently I have to go on typing (not using a keyboard but pressing a key multiple times for one letter). As soon as three letters are in the phone "sch", there still will be to many results as "sch" is a very common combination in German.

There are tons of those common combination. Typing an additional 3 letters, means like 8 additional key presses. This takes a long time.

Here at my company my users are not using the Yealink telephonebook. Looking a a sheet of paper of accessing a website is way faster.

The phonebooks could be really valuable, if search would be easier.