Yealink Forums
Locking Up - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Locking Up (/showthread.php?tid=630)

Locking Up - Ceus - 07-14-2013 12:10 AM

It appears that the Yealink T46G randomly locks up.

The phones were purchased brand new, I just set my phone up on my desk and now the buttons don't respond for seconds.

This happens even when on a call, where I am unable to hang up a call right away.

This is unacceptable for a business; if anyone knows of what the problem could be, please let me know.

I'll give it a week before sending the phone back and going with Cisco.

RE: Locking Up - Yealink Support - 07-15-2013 10:16 AM

Hi Ceus,
Sorry for this issue.
Could you let us know what's the firmware are you using now?
Please upgrade to our latest firmware 28.71.0.85 and reset to factory default and try again:
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.com/T46G/28.71.0.85.rom
Look forward to your reply.
Thanks.

RE: Locking Up - briankelly63 - 07-15-2013 10:58 AM

(07-14-2013 12:10 AM)Ceus Wrote:  It appears that the Yealink T46G randomly locks up.

The phones were purchased brand new, I just set my phone up on my desk and now the buttons don't respond for seconds.

This happens even when on a call, where I am unable to hang up a call right away.

This is unacceptable for a business; if anyone knows of what the problem could be, please let me know.

I'll give it a week before sending the phone back and going with Cisco.

I am on latest firmware and have not seen any such issue. Whether its a firmware issue specific to your situation or not remains to be seen but if its happening on more than one phone than I suspect a network, server or configuration issue.

Could you supply more details about your configuration, server?

For example: Asterisk can be affected in the way you describe by even momentary loss of DNS.