Yealink Forums
repeating ring tone - how? - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T4x Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: repeating ring tone - how? (/showthread.php?tid=47956)

repeating ring tone - how? - wuesten_fuchs - 09-25-2024 08:06 PM

Hi, I really like it that the phones ring only once on incoming calls. I always set other phones like this, if possible, for myself.

However, I now have a customer, that wants that the phones repeat ringing like other phones usually do. E.g. the phones should repeat ringing until the user picks up the phone (or the call times out).

I have looked through the configuration if the phones can be set like this but did not find anything? Is this correct that the Yealink T4x phones can't do this or did I overlook something?

RE: repeating ring tone - how? - complex1 - 09-26-2024 05:26 PM

(09-25-2024 08:06 PM)wuesten_fuchs Wrote:  Hi, I really like it that the phones ring only once on incoming calls. I always set other phones like this, if possible, for myself.

However, I now have a customer, that wants that the phones repeat ringing like other phones usually do. E.g. the phones should repeat ringing until the user picks up the phone (or the call times out).

I have looked through the configuration if the phones can be set like this but did not find anything? Is this correct that the Yealink T4x phones can't do this or did I overlook something?

Hi,

Try Ring1.wav, this is the default ringtone, which will ringing until the user pickup the phone.

RE: repeating ring tone - how? - wuesten_fuchs - 09-26-2024 05:30 PM

Yes, it is really that simple ... sorry for not trying that first.

Interestingly, for all the phones I got for that customer (12), the default was set to splash.wav which rings only once. I have not used many Yealink phones so far and did not expect that the fact if a ring is only once or repeating is simply a function of which sound is choosen.