Yealink Forums
W70B network issues - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: W70B network issues (/showthread.php?tid=47646)

W70B network issues - assistenza@voispeed.com - 04-19-2024 04:52 PM

Hi all,
we have network issues with many W70B.

Usually they have DHCP IP addresses. And they are all powered by their external power supply, so PoE is not used.

W70 is pretty configured and works for days/weeks.

Suddenly they lost the nework link (ETH led switches off). Sometimes a reset of the base helps, sometimes not and the base never comes up to the network, SO we have to change it.

The number of subscribed dect phones may change for customer to customer (i.e it happens on systems with 1 dect phone up to 4/5 phones).

We also tryed to set static IP address, and use the latest FW (W70B-146.85.0.40) but this doesn't help, so we suppose some issue on the ethernet chipset...

Does anyone have the same issues?

Thanks a lot

RE: W70B network issues - complex1 - 04-19-2024 06:14 PM

(04-19-2024 04:52 PM)assistenza@voispeed.com Wrote:  Hi all,
we have network issues with many W70B.

Usually they have DHCP IP addresses. And they are all powered by their external power supply, so PoE is not used.

W70 is pretty configured and works for days/weeks.

Suddenly they lost the nework link (ETH led switches off). Sometimes a reset of the base helps, sometimes not and the base never comes up to the network, SO we have to change it.

The number of subscribed dect phones may change for customer to customer (i.e it happens on systems with 1 dect phone up to 4/5 phones).

We also tryed to set static IP address, and use the latest FW (W70B-146.85.0.40) but this doesn't help, so we suppose some issue on the ethernet chipset...

Does anyone have the same issues?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

If you suddenly have registration problems with many W70B's, then I think you have a network problem rather than a W70B issue.

Have you recently updated the base firmware?
Yes, reset the base stations to factory settings, reconfigure them and try again.

RE: W70B network issues - assistenza@voispeed.com - 04-19-2024 06:34 PM

Hi
thank you for your answer.

it's not a registration issue, but a physical (network) issue. The base looses its eth link (in fact the ETH led swithces off).

So that the device is not visible on the LAN (pinging or searching with a network scanner does not give any result)

FW is the latest available on YL web site.

Issue happens on several customers, not a single one. That's why it cannot be a customer's network issue (different networks, different swtiches, different routers...)

thanks

RE: W70B network issues - complex1 - 04-19-2024 07:50 PM

(04-19-2024 06:34 PM)assistenza@voispeed.com Wrote:  Hi
thank you for your answer.

it's not a registration issue, but a physical (network) issue. The base looses its eth link (in fact the ETH led swithces off).

So that the device is not visible on the LAN (pinging or searching with a network scanner does not give any result)

FW is the latest available on YL web site.

Issue happens on several customers, not a single one. That's why it cannot be a customer's network issue (different networks, different swtiches, different routers...)

thanks

Maybe someone hacked into your company's PBX and made changes to the customer provisioning files? I hope not, but you never know...
Please try next to test:
- reset only one base station to factory default,
- do not provisioning the base,
- check if the base gets an IP-address from DHCP server,
- check if the base have network/internet connection,
- reprovision the base,
- check if everything is OK.

RE: W70B network issues - assistenza@voispeed.com - 04-19-2024 08:53 PM

Hi
maybe I'm not clear and you are pointing the attention at the same place. Let me clear the scenario for the others. You already dedicated me your time thank you.

1) first time we provision the device and this go fine
2) the provisioning uses the same templates for years and are not corrupted
3) after the provisioning the base has been working fine for months
4) after months of good job they miss the eth physical connection and most of the times a reset factory doesn't even fix the issue. I doubt even a bad provisioned configuration can make such a damage.
5) it happens at different customers' (so different networks and switch devices), and not all in the same time. Statistics tell us that this particular DECT model has issues