Yealink Forums
W79P - caller can't hear us - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Dect Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: W60B(Wireless) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: W79P - caller can't hear us (/showthread.php?tid=47104)

W79P - caller can't hear us - sgbarrow - 11-16-2023 07:02 AM

I have about 50 W79P installed in my restaurants. We have had at least 10 issues where the guest cannot hear my employee on the phone. The issue seems to come and go. Is there a known issue with this phone? We have tried all of the troubleshooting from re-registering the base station, factory reset, insuring proximity to the base station, volume settings, ringer settings, etc. RingCentral tech support cannot help us. They simply tell us to factory reset and replace the phone if that doesn't work. I have replaced at least 7 phones in the past year so I need to find a fix here. Any suggestions? Thanks

Best,
Steve

RE: W79P - caller can't hear us - complex1 - 11-16-2023 09:41 PM

(11-16-2023 07:02 AM)sgbarrow Wrote:  I have about 50 W79P installed in my restaurants. We have had at least 10 issues where the guest cannot hear my employee on the phone. The issue seems to come and go. Is there a known issue with this phone? We have tried all of the troubleshooting from re-registering the base station, factory reset, insuring proximity to the base station, volume settings, ringer settings, etc. RingCentral tech support cannot help us. They simply tell us to factory reset and replace the phone if that doesn't work. I have replaced at least 7 phones in the past year so I need to find a fix here. Any suggestions? Thanks

Best,
Steve

Hi Steve,

If you ask me, this sounds like a router issue.
Certain ports in the router must be open to ensure a good voice connection.

The router has the feature (security) to close ports that are no longer in use, which in this case can cause a connection issue.
By using the STUN option of the base stations, these types of issues can be prevented.

RingCentral (your phone provider) should be able to help you with this.