Yealink Forums
T54W use with cell number or google voice - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: T5X Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Thread: T54W use with cell number or google voice (/showthread.php?tid=47018)

T54W use with cell number or google voice - VELODUDE - 10-17-2023 02:17 AM

I had my phone previously provisioned by a voip company, I have terminated my contract and want to use the phone for google voice number.

Are there special steps I must work through in order for this phone to work for me?

RE: T54W use with cell number or google voice - ITdude87 - 01-05-2024 06:46 AM

(10-17-2023 02:17 AM)VELODUDE Wrote:  I had my phone previously provisioned by a voip company, I have terminated my contract and want to use the phone for google voice number.

Are there special steps I must work through in order for this phone to work for me?

I'm not an expert on this subject and there may be a better or more direct way that I'm unaware of but I know it's possible with asterisk. You have to setup your own sip server on a VM or a raspberry pi or old computer or something and configure it to use google voice as a trunk then set up your phone to connect to that sip server. If your phone is being auto previsioned by your old service you need to factory default it and set a bogus dns server to prevent that. Rather convoluted but I do it myself. Expect it to take you at least a few hours to get going and that's if your decently tech savvy.