Yealink Forums
auto-answer & custom ringtone - Printable Version

+- Yealink Forums (http://forum.yealink.com/forum)
+-- Forum: IP Phone Series (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General topics (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: auto-answer & custom ringtone (/showthread.php?tid=46813)

auto-answer & custom ringtone - crashdox - 08-11-2023 02:46 AM

Hi, I've tried multiple things & searched the forum with no clear answers.

I have a custom ring tone for use with paging & autoanswer (phone is in classrooms, so loud & obnoxious to get their attention is required.)

I have auto answer working ok, but I cannot get the phone to play the custom tone; it only plays 2 beeps. The tone is successfully loaded on the phone, but appears to be ignored.

Phone being called: T33G
Firmware version: 124.86.0.40

features.alert_info_tone = 1
features.auto_answer_tone.enable = 1
features.auto_answer.ring_type = my-intercom.wav

To: <sip:6210@10.99.1.210>
Call-ID: 6ce242b6-5eb1-4dd1-8e79-c9785fb4896f
CSeq: 17094 INVITE
Allow: OPTIONS, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, PRACK, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PUBLISH, MESSAGE, REFER
Supported: 100rel, timer, replaces, norefersub, histinfo
Session-Expires: 1800
Min-SE: 90
P-Asserted-Identity: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alert-Info: <http://127.0.0.1>;info=alert-autoanswer
Max-Forwards: 70
User-Agent: FPBX-16.0.40.4(18.19.0)
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 333

RE: auto-answer & custom ringtone - complex1 - 08-11-2023 04:10 PM

(08-11-2023 02:46 AM)crashdox Wrote:  Hi, I've tried multiple things & searched the forum with no clear answers.

I have a custom ring tone for use with paging & autoanswer (phone is in classrooms, so loud & obnoxious to get their attention is required.)

I have auto answer working ok, but I cannot get the phone to play the custom tone; it only plays 2 beeps. The tone is successfully loaded on the phone, but appears to be ignored.

Phone being called: T33G
Firmware version: 124.86.0.40

features.alert_info_tone = 1
features.auto_answer_tone.enable = 1

To: <sip:6210@10.99.1.210>
Call-ID: 6ce242b6-5eb1-4dd1-8e79-c9785fb4896f
CSeq: 17094 INVITE
Allow: OPTIONS, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, PRACK, REGISTER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PUBLISH, MESSAGE, REFER
Supported: 100rel, timer, replaces, norefersub, histinfo
Session-Expires: 1800
Min-SE: 90
P-Asserted-Identity: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alert-Info: <http://127.0.0.1>;info=alert-autoanswer
Max-Forwards: 70
User-Agent: FPBX-16.0.40.4(18.19.0)
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 333

Hi,

Please keep in mind, the ringtone format must meet the following:
- The ringtone file must be in PCMU/PCMA audio format, mono channel, 8K sample rate, and 16-bit resolution
- For Black-and-white Screen Phones, the format must be .wav and a file size of max 100kB

RE: auto-answer & custom ringtone - crashdox - 08-11-2023 06:54 PM

Yes, the ringtone *itself* is fine; it shows up under ringtones & the sound is heard when selected. It simply does not play when the auto-answer is used; a two-beep sound is heard. I assume there is something setting-wise that is missing; it is not the tone file itself.

RE: auto-answer & custom ringtone - complex1 - 08-11-2023 09:08 PM

(08-11-2023 06:54 PM)crashdox Wrote:  Yes, the ringtone *itself* is fine; it shows up under ringtones & the sound is heard when selected. It simply does not play when the auto-answer is used; a two-beep sound is heard. I assume there is something setting-wise that is missing; it is not the tone file itself.

Please try these settings:
Code:
# Disable the phone to map the keywords in the Alert-Info header to the specified Bellcore ring tones.
features.alert_info_tone = 0

# Enable auto answer a SIP call.
account.X.auto_answer = 1

# Disable the phone to play a warning tone when an incoming call is automatically answered.
features.auto_answer_tone.enable = 0

# Configure a ring tone the phone plays before the incoming call is automatically answered.

RE: auto-answer & custom ringtone - crashdox - 08-11-2023 10:58 PM

No joy. To be clear, the phone should be normal, but receives alert-info for auto-answer. So, from my reading, account.x.auto_answer must be 0.

What bothers me is page 186 in the manual, where the auto answer via alert-info is described as NOT playing a tone, unless the tone feature is enabled, and then "warning tone".

RE: auto-answer & custom ringtone - complex1 - 08-12-2023 03:51 AM

(08-11-2023 10:58 PM)crashdox Wrote:  No joy. To be clear, the phone should be normal, but receives alert-info for auto-answer. So, from my reading, account.x.auto_answer must be 0.

What bothers me is page 186 in the manual, where the auto answer via alert-info is described as NOT playing a tone, unless the tone feature is enabled, and then "warning tone".

I refer to the Administrator Guide, chapter "Auto Answer Configuration" from page 424 onward.
Which manual are you referring to?

RE: auto-answer & custom ringtone - crashdox - 08-12-2023 04:02 AM

Yes, same manual, same version. Top of page 180. Auto Answer section using Alert-info, which is what I need - a *triggered* auto answer. All it says there is if tone is enabled, you get a warning tone... which is all I get.

I've been doing this on polycom phones for over 10 years. This is the only "special" feature we use on the phones that is fairly critical.

I may have a workaround with Asterisk, using paging groups & having Asterisk play my tone. I have to try that. But it would be nice if the yealink phone could do it natively like my ancient polycoms.